The Force Awakens Recasting Star Wars

I don't know what that means.

Seriously, they just look older. Have their characters be that age and you're good.

I was thinking IF they decide to continue on the existing characters with new story lines they would want people of appropriate age. ford was 38 I think during ROTJ. Fillion is 41. Thats my thinking with that. its close.

It just remains to be seen if they go for 20 somethings.. etc. But if they continue the current age, I think Fillion would be great.

Terrance as Lando is epic. Nice choice!

An actors. real age and the character they play are irrelevant as long as they look the part. Been like that since the dawn of acting. IE Dustin Hoffman was 30 in The Graduate and Jon Cho wqs like 36 player Sulu in his 20's in the new Star Trek.

of course I don't want Han to be player by a boy either.

anton yelchin wouldn't be a bad luke he has that certain innocence and good hearted kid vibe
Luke-Skywalker-Hamill-Yelchin.jpg

He looks like a cross between Hamill and Christensen. If they're going with the Skywalker lineage, I'd be happy if he got the part.

You're right. And he's too boyish to be Cade, but he could easily be a Skywalker.

Sebastian Stan is actually pretty dead on for Luke

(I mean, with him already being Bucky idk what his availability would be, or if they want to re-use him)

Keep the original actors, cast Jaina, Jacen, Anakin and Ben.

Mara is less significant to me and the way I kind of imagine it, the young ones would be the focus of the film with the older actors in supporting roles.

Last edited:
Nathan Fillion IS Han Solo. Like, the only choice. So is James Marsden as Luke. Just watch the flying scene in Superman Returns and his reactions and tell me he's not reminiscent of Luke.

I thought you were referring to James Marsters at first, who played Spike on Buffy.xD I was thinking "Geez man! I assume Whedon is directing then?"

Liam Hemsworth as Luke Skywalker? Or maybe just a new Jedi Warrior
Liam-Hemsworth-Details-Photo-March-2012-7.jpg

And Zoe Saldana .... She just needs to be in
zoe2.jpg

Whoa, didn't even see that we had a SW forum. Here are some ideas I posted in another thread:

Luke Skywalker: Michael Pitt
Han Solo: Jason O'Mara
Princess Leia: Emily Blunt
Lando Calrissian: Terrance Howard
Obi-Wan (ghost): Gary Oldman

If we're going to be seeing appearances from aged versions of Luke, Leia, and Han, I would be sick if we got anyone but Hamil, Fisher, and Ford.

Put em all on a diet/exercise regimen for the next year and it's all good.

It would be amazing to have them back together, even if they're not the main focus.

In regards to the older Actors. This is Lucas Films. I would Imagine that they would use the same tech in Tron Legacy to de-age Hamill, Ford and Carrie. Except with Lucasfilms ILM Now being a part of Disney. That Tech would get a huge boost. So recasting may not be necessary.

Well... that's a possibility I guess, but Tron: Legacy took a lot of flack for that approach because it went back and forth from looking very realistic to cartoonish. Even if the tech has improved drastically since then, it might not be the best approach to take.

at that point you might as well just make it a CG movie, and have the original cast do the voice work

Last edited:
Old crew doesn't need to be replaced....they are to icon to change actors.

But i think the guy who played Thor would make a good Jedi.

600full-chris-hemsworth.jpg

Maybe even Luke or Hans son.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back