The Force Awakens Recasting Star Wars

anton yelchin wouldn't be a bad luke he has that certain innocence and good hearted kid vibe
Luke-Skywalker-Hamill-Yelchin.jpg

Yelchin could definitely play a Skywalker. I'm sure he could do both Star Trek and Star Wars because the characters will be different enough.

And when I say a Skywalker, I don't mean Luke. Even though this thread is for recasting.

Last edited:
for a young luke, maybe... but if this takes place after, Return of the Jedi, we need someone who looks closer to this, luke...

... or even older

Yeah, Luke should be at least in his early 30s. Also, I highly doubt they'd want Yelchin, since he's already tied to Star Wars' #1 competitor for the sci-fi geek crown.

Yeah, Luke should be at least in his early 30s. Also, I highly doubt they'd want Yelchin, since he's already tied to Star Wars' #1 competitor for the sci-fi geek crown.

He hasn't been in Doctor Who you silly beggar! :cwink:

Yeah, he must be joking. Everyone knows that Spaceballs is Star Wars' #1 competitor!

based on the rumor that the trilogy will involve a 30-40 year old Luke Skywalker who would you guys choose

Yep, it's fully possible in this day and age. CG and makeup can take years off of Hamill. I really can't see anyone else for the role.

I say cast Hamill as a same-age Luke Skywalker. If he's elderly, it would give meaning to the whole "When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?" line Yoda gives. Then kill off Luke and have him appear as a Force Ghost--YES. :007

Mark still looks ok for being 61. He looks rough but younger than his actual age. I'd say he can easily play Luke in his early 50's but he'll need to lose some weight. He needs to get fit!!

And if Harrison Ford wants to get back in touch with his younger, more popular self, as in Indiana Jones IV, we may see Han as well. Sometimes when people get that age they leap at chances like this to prove they still have it, and I see something of that mentality in Ford.

Yep, it's fully possible in this day and age. CG and makeup can take years off of Hamill. I really can't see anyone else for the role.

Jeff Bridges in TRON: Legacy, also by Disney. People are rather split as to how realistic that looked, but SW VII will obviously have a larger budget than T:L. It's a hint that's the path they may take.

Mark still looks ok for being 61. He looks rough but younger than his actual age. I'd say he can easily play Luke in his early 50's but he'll need to lose some weight. He needs to get fit!!

"The Force is strong with me."

"Yeah, right. The Force of Gravity!!!! Ah-cha-cha-cha!" :awesome:

Yeah, that's from Jeff Ross roasting Carrie Fisher, it's still hilarious.

Jeff Bridges in TRON: Legacy, also by Disney. People are rather split as to how realistic that looked, but SW VII will obviously have a larger budget than T:L. It's a hint that's the path they may take.

Yeah, plus T:L had a fully CG Bridges. Luke most likely won't be, so it will be easier and less noticeable.

Young Jeff Bridges hung out at the Uncanny Valley tower in Tron.

Leonardo DiCaprio as the late 30's/early 40's Luke Skywalker FTW!

If Leo can't be had, then Liam Hemsworth would work.

Last edited:
CG Luke is just a waste of money imo unless they get the tech right

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"