Reckoning Discussion Thread (100th episode, Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KalKai said:
I don't understand what extra clips? we saw all that in the episode, except the "my parents didn't adopt me, they found me in a field during the first meteor shower" part yeah, and they should have kept the loft/cave music.

I think there was more in the caves as well. But there must have been a couple of different takes used, because Clark's tone of voice changes from this clip to the episode when he says "I'm from a planet called Krypton."

That Requiem theme goes well with just about anything. :)

Hulk you don't need to use me (which includes my NAME) as an example for your every whim :rolleyes: It's kind of ridiculous to see you pointing me out all the time when there was no need to point me out about anything. I never agreed with your viewpoint about me so all you are doing is slandering. KNOCK IT OFF.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

How is that possible you may ask?

Well... He went back in time with the use of the crystal right?

Ok, he did everything all over. That means he saved Lana, and now his father died instead. But that also would mean he didn't use that crystal yet.
icon3.gif

Think about it... Technically because he always goes back to a point with the time crystal, there is an endless amount of this single crystal. Everytime he restarts, it should mean the crystal was never used once again. :up:

It's not that easy, he used it, full stop. You can't use it again. Everytime he restarts, another person dies, we'd have endless deaths lol.

Dude, you are SOOOOOOOOO reminding me of Back to the Future Pt. 2. :)

I think you've got a point though...maybe Clark should just keep going back until "Shelby" is the one who pays? :p

WARNING! BE ADVISED A TROLL HAS BEEN SPOTTED AROUND THE PERIMETER OF THE SHH! SMALLVILLE FORUM. WE ADVISE IGNORING HIM AND HIS FLAME WAR-BAITING AS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION. THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE PUBLIC BROADCAST SYSTEM. THANK YOU.

MJZ said:
WARNING! BE ADVISED A TROLL HAS BEEN SPOTTED AROUND THE PERIMETER OF THE SHH! SMALLVILLE FORUM. WE ADVISE IGNORING HIM AND HIS FLAME WAR-BAITING AS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION. THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE PUBLIC BROADCAST SYSTEM. THANK YOU.

That's funny. We just need the accompanying annoying 'beep' that goes with it.

Actually I think Jonathon was obviously ill,we had seen him taking tablets in a previous episode so he was going to die in the near future.If he had let Lana die he would have lost both of them this way he had less time with his dad but saved Lana.

Either way he lost someone he loved nothing he did was going to change that

Also he could'nt reuse the crystal the way I see it Jor el and Clark are not effected by the reboot.The events for everyone went back in time but what happened in the FOS still happened there was 1 crystal one chance and Clark used it.

Mandrill said:
Also he couldn't reuse the crystal the way I see it Jor el and Clark are not effected by the reboot.The events for everyone went back in time but what happened in the FOS still happened there was 1 crystal one chance and Clark used it.
Exactly! If we are to believe Kryptonian technology can invent something as profound as a time manipulation device, its being available for a second use was ruled out when Jor-El plainly stipulated "it can only be used ONCE." We have no idea how it works, but we KNOW it can't be used multiple times. There are no loopholes. That's the whole point of the lesson Clark learned. It's in the dialog.

MJZ said:

LOL! :D

Good onya, MJZ. :up:

MJZ said:

who u gonna call !?
TROLLSBUSTERS ! !

music plz.. :up:

finally just saw the episode, wow, it was pretty good. Gotta let it sink in a bit. It did seem too short though.

Pixiedust said:
But there is a big difference there. Peter let the bad guy go and the bad guy later killed his uncle.

Clark made a choice to save the woman he loves and Jonathan then died of a heart attack. Would he have died of a heart attack that night if Clark hadn't changed things and Jonathan had been at the accident site and not fighting with Lionel? Maybe not. But he still would have died at a later time. Maybe the next day, maybe the next week. It's the natural law of cause and effect. But it in no way means that Clark caused his father's death. Like Martha said a heart is only given so many beats and Jonathan had used all of his and used them well.

Pete had the power to stop the bad guy and he didn't. Clark neglected his responsiblities of his powers earlier this season and the consequence was someone close to him would die. So technically, Clark did cause the death, inadvertently. Cause and effect: Clark neglected his abilities, ended up dying and Jor-El revived. Effect: Someone close to him would have to be sacrificed for his life.

Pixiedust said:
If Clark would have been responsible for anyone's death by changing things, it could have been potenially Lois' and we don't even know that Clark knew that Lana saved Lois from falling the first time around.

Clark would've been responsible for Lois, Jonathan, and even Lana's death due to what occurred earlier this season. And it's not like he didn't know changing Lana's death wouldn't have an effect. He took the chance with the time crystal.

Pixiedust said:
Clark may have made a bad choice by turning back time to save Lana, but it was necessary to his growth into Superman in order to learn that even with all his powers there will be people he can't save and there are far reaching consquences to any action he makes.

I understand that, but that doesn't change he inadvertently caused his father, and almost Lana's death.

Pixiedust said:
I understand people being upset that he chose not to tell her the second time around, but I can understand his choice. He's being the noble being we know him to be by sacrificing his happiness for the good of someone else. A very Superman like trait. I really didn't see it as TPTB trying to yank the viewers chains once again, but a necessary life lesson that Clark must make sacrifices for what he feels to be the greater good. It breaks my heart for him that he has to make those kinds of choices and Tom portrayed that beautifully.

I agree with that, but I also do agree with it being a ratings yank.

Crisis Superman said:
Ya I really didnt want them to adapt that. I prefered it when Jonathan died of natural causes (STM, Precrisis) and Clark wasnt guilty.

Yeah, I would've preferred that myself.

The Sage said:
Pete had the power to stop the bad guy and he didn't. Clark neglected his responsiblities of his powers earlier this season and the consequence was someone close to him would die. So technically, Clark did cause the death, inadvertently. Cause and effect: Clark neglected his abilities, ended up dying and Jor-El revived. Effect: Someone close to him would have to be sacrificed for his life.

Clark would've been responsible for Lois, Jonathan, and even Lana's death due to what occurred earlier this season. And it's not like he didn't know changing Lana's death wouldn't have an effect. He took the chance with the time crystal.

I understand that, but that doesn't change he inadvertently caused his father, and almost Lana's death.
You’re right about the cause and effect, but let’s go back further. The more I think about this the more I realize it’s the fathers who ultimately led to this (BOTH of them).

If Jonathan hadn’t of gone looking for Jor-El to give him Super-powers he would never have been in his weak hearted condition. And it’s not like Clark was shirking anything to cause Jonathan to do that. He put on a ring, and voila. In fact if you remember it was Jonathan that caused him to put the ring on in the first place by rejecting him after Martha lost the baby.

If Jor-El hadn’t of put the whammy on Clark to ‘teach him a lesson’ -- knowing full well Clark wasn’t going to stop playing hero even after he lost his powers – Clark would have never ended up dead. Jor-El then wouldn’t have had to bring him back to life causing the Universe to collect on that.

Both fathers put Clark in a nasty predicament, and then had to ‘fix’ the problem. It's a shame both fixes caused Jonathan to end up dead.

The Sage said:
.... Clark neglected his responsiblities of his powers earlier this season and the consequence was someone close to him would die....

I will never agree that you can just pick out one side of the story, one's POV, and make it ALL-relevant to everything that happens later..

Sure, from Jor-El's perspective, the neglecting part is one very relevant side of what happened, but by no means there is nothing else equally or I'd say even more relevant to the actual event and it's consequences..

Do I even have to explain what that was?

MJZ said:
:up: :up: :up:

Zing79 said:
You’re right about the cause and effect, but let’s go back further. The more I think about this the more I realize it’s the fathers who ultimately led to this (BOTH of them).

If Jonathan hadn’t of gone looking for Jor-El to give him Super-powers he would never have been in his weak hearted condition. And it’s not like Clark was shirking anything to cause Jonathan to do that. He put on a ring, and voila. In fact if you remember it was Jonathan that caused him to put the ring on in the first place by rejecting him after Martha lost the baby.

If Jor-El hadn’t of put the whammy on Clark to ‘teach him a lesson’ -- knowing full well Clark wasn’t going to stop playing hero even after he lost his powers – Clark would have never ended up dead. Jor-El then wouldn’t have had to bring him back to life causing the Universe to collect on that.

Both fathers put Clark in a nasty predicament, and then had to ‘fix’ the problem. It's a shame both fixes caused Jonathan to end up dead.

Interesting, you raised some good points. But let's not forget, Clark could have returned to the FOS in time. The guy does have superspeed despite the portal not being available then.

BaK said:
I will never agree that you can just pick out one side of the story, one's POV, and make it ALL-relevant to everything that happens later..

Sure, from Jor-El's perspective, the neglecting part is one very relevant side of what happened, but by no means there is nothing else equally or I'd say even more relevant to the actual event and it's consequences..

Do I even have to explain what that was?

Seeing as I"ve been gone for three days, I'd appreciate it if you did. Just re-post what you said or link me to your post to save you time.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"