Reckoning Discussion Thread (100th episode, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by KalKai, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Or not shown up because he was upset for being killed off.:O

2. GinaRenee Registered

Do we even know for sure that they finished filming the episode before the party, though? I heard that sometimes casts have these parties in the middle of filming. If that's the case, whoever was or wasn't there might not have any significance at all.

3. Red King Littlefinger

I don't want Lional killed yet.

I've always hoped that Lex would be the one to do the deed, (Vortex kind of hinted at it). The Son killing the father and that being the turning point for lex.

4. Red King Littlefinger

5. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

I still think Lex will be the one to do the deed.;)

6. avidreader Registered

I found this from Kristen on Line

Make of it what you will.

7. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Here is a tidbit from EW:

Issue #853

Time to Kill

Why TV is suddenly nuts about death
    -- We examine recent killings on ''Las Vegas,'' ''Desperate Housewives,'' and others by Jennifer Armstrong

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to mourn what appears to be the loss of yet another TV character: George (Roger Bart), Desperate Housewives' murderous pharmacist. We should also mention the recent passings of Monica (Lara Flynn Boyle) on Las Vegas and Shannon (Maggie Grace) on Lost, plus the seemingly dead Abruzzi (Peter Stormare) on Prison Break and Vaughn (Michael Vartan) on Alias.

Why the rampant loss of life? Ratings (of course), buzz, and the chance to embark on a new creative direction. ''Usually you see somebody in the main titles and you think, 'They're not going to die.' That's not the case anymore,'' says Smallville co-creator Al Gough, who is offing a ''big'' character on the show's 100th episode in January. TV's body count will grow this spring when Everwood creator Greg Berlanti co-writes the swan song for a main cast member. ''It's hard for character-driven shows to stand out, so this is one way to do that,'' he says. On the bright side, it gives ghost whisperer Jennifer Love Hewitt a slew of new people to communicate with.

(Posted:12/02/05)​

The article was posted here but you have to be a subscriber to read the whole thing. I am a subscriber, so I copied here for everyone but then I noticed that they're being dumb... It's like only one sentence that was all that was missing from the partial article to the version I posted above but it was the one with the punch line.... :D

8. TheGoonies Registered

I can picture the TV Spots now. I can bet they will kinda be like the spots for Splinter

You know a female type robotic repeative voice

"someone will die, someone will die" with shots of the cast besides the obvious & repeating each word over & over again etc like how they did in splinter & each spot ends with Clarks infamous

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Well we know it cant be clark that gets killed . . . .again hehe:( I really think they just like adding fuel to the fire.

But I'm sticking w/ Chloe JK and Lionel as being on the block w/ Chloe winning the most likely to die award.

10. GinaRenee Registered

I think you've probably got it about right. :D They'll milk it for all they're worth.

11. avidreader Registered

You know with these spoilers that are released post this episode, I think I'm going along with you. Chloe's character's death could actually start the ball rolling for alot more other characters to progress.

12. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

I don't know, my monies still on Jonothan. But whatever the outcome, you know that the producers are just having a ball, watching the speculation and laughing at us.

No matter who the major character to bite it is, I think Lionel will be one of the ones to go either way.

13. avidreader Registered

I'm thinking Lionel is one of them too, and I thought Jor-el as well, but I just feel Clark still needs Jor-el to learn more about Krypton and other stuff. :) It could be Jonathan, but it just screams obvious.

It surprised me reading the Season 3 Companion, how much notice they actually do take of these internet sites. PTB I hope you are having a great time watching all of us knock our heads on this one.

14. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Especially if you think about the discussions we have had here. All of the regulars here and some not so regular have given their opinion as to who will be offed. "Most" of them have also had some great, logical, valid reasons as to why they think that it could be their choice. With all the good explanations, we are no closer to coming up with an answer than we were at the beginning of the announcement.

PTB really have done a good job with this secret, because they have made it hard to peg the answer. All we have been able to do is say who we know it is NOT, and I'm not so sure how certain we are with some of those.

*claps* good job ol' chaps.:up: :)

15. Red King Littlefinger

By the end of the series i'm pritty sure Lionel won't survive, hes top on the list with Jonathan.

16. avidreader Registered

That's the end of the series, we're up to the 100th episode and someone's gonna go.

The only one I can say it wont be with absolute conviction, is Clark.

17. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

wouldnt that blow everyone's mind....

maybe then Chloe gets a sex change goes to Jor-El and has him make her Kryptonian and then she takes on Clark's name to honor him [/sarcasm] ;) :p

18. Kaboom knock knock

you could be onto something!

19. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Sorry Hulk, they have probably already come up with that theory on K-Site. That is how they think it'll get rid of Evil Clark.:p

20. avidreader Registered

LOL! I was going to say he should go and post that theory on the Ksite Boards, but you've more or less beat me to it. :D

In any case, its a sound theory, 'cause how on earth can Clark possibly become the man that he is supposed to become when to date they have not shown him to act like the future Superman in any manner whatsoever. :p

21. avidreader Registered

22. rumpuso Registered

Makes about as much sense as that other ridiculous notion that won't die. (I do get your sarcasm).

23. musclesforsupes Registered

So whats the latest news? Is it
    1. Chloe
    2. Pa Kent
    3. Lionel?

24. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

Breaking news, Muscles, it'll be Shelby.

;)

25. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

But Pat...I thought they announced last week that it was actually going to be...

...HENRY SMALLS...guess we didn't see that coming.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.