Reckoning Discussion Thread (100th episode, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by KalKai, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

I haven't seen the trailer that K-Site posted the pics from, but I've seen the caps. Typical WB marketing - it's all about misdirection. You can almost tell what will or won't happen based on what they insinuate...

Clark holding a limp Lana in his arms (from Splinter) followed by the funeral scenes in Reckoning? Conclusion: Lana probably isn't one of the characters that dies.

Jonathan and Lionel fighting? Conclusion: One or both may die, but it probably won't be at the hand of the other.

Lack of Chloe scenes? Well, lack of evidence isn't evidence, but it sure is disturbing. :( I'm just hoping they make up for her absence in subsequent episodes. LOL

2. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

All of those new clips in that trailer are from episodes 10, 11, and 12. I wouldnt be too worried about who you dont see in them, since basically all of the clips except for Clark and the grave come before the death happens

3. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

"Everything you have wanted to see," Guess I won't get everything I have wanted to see....Doh, did I say that out loud? :O :p

4. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

Oh, I know that. But it's *how* they chose to assemble those clips. They're going to try to misdirect viewers into thinking one thing when that won't happen. They're cagey that way LOL.

Brainiac... LMAO!!! :D

5. mellyM Registered

LOL..thats interesting, to say that there's "glory" in killing someone. but I know what you mean.
    The shot of Lana in the pale blue turtle neck..thats new right? and I assume the shot of the bald girl is from fanatic

6. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Yea, that didn't sound right.:O

I was meaning within the context of Lex's story and dark turn. You would think that Lex doing away with Lionel would be him expelling that "demon" that has been hounding him his whole life. Thus the new life for Lex Luthor would start.:cool:

7. avidreader Registered

Apart from Mortal, Clark and Lana havent had any loft scenes so far this season.

All of those shots with the two of them together, not including the ones from Splinter, are new.

8. mellyM Registered

Thought so. The shot with Clark in the background and Lana in the foreground with her back to him doesn't seem like there's anything good going on there. That kind of setup of a shot never bodes well...do you think we're seeing the beginning of the end of Clana?

Ugh! why must they kill someone!..sorry, I'll be prone to random outbursts until the 100th ep airs, lol.

9. avidreader Registered

I actually took a really close look at the Lana /Clark shots. There are three different scenes. Two of them she looks like she's wearing the same jacket, but she doesnt have any earrings on in one of them and the other one she has the high turtle neck sweater on. (talk about obsessed)

The shot you're talking about, I would take a guess and say she's telling him about working with Lex and the black space ship.

10. Kaboom knock knock

so i was watching the preview that they kept airing for the 100th episode; the one with clark at the grave. a few things i noticed:

1. a man is definetly standing behind clark in the top left corner....we see his black slacks and shoes. unfortunately we dont know who he is. but do you really think lex or lionel would go to jonathan's funeral? i'm guessing not.

2. clark is tossing dirt on the casket. (this may be reading to much into it, but) tossing dirt is a jewish practice. christians lay flowers. at least thats what i always thought. unfortunatly i cant think of any jews on smallville. so i dont know how much that helps.

11. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I think those are a woman's shoes, not a man's, and Christians throw dirt on the casket too not just flowers...

Although, the only graveside service I had ever attended was for my grandmother and I don't think we did either. Maybe it depends on the religion.

12. mellyM Registered

we tossed dirt at my grandfathers and grandmother's funerals, and I'm not jewish...i hope its not his mother, I love his mother

13. avidreader Registered

It flashed by so quick, but I thought I saw a male as well. Did you notice the screen shot that said "Shocking Death"

Well at my mother's funeral we tossed flowers, but I've seen on alot of other TV shows people throwing dirt, so maybe its a tradition they have for TV shows and Movies.

14. mellyM Registered

the dirt, at least how it was explained to me was a symbol of closure and the flowers were a symbol of remberance. I'm not sure if that was simply made up to make me feel better, but the tossing of the dirt was supposed to be a way of letting go, in a sense "burying" the person, and flowers meant they'd never be forgotten.

The look on his face is so bitter and final, its just so sad

15. avidreader Registered

Well that makes sense.

It's gut wrenching isnt it. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. :(

16. avidreader Registered

Okay, the Agent Sam prediction. Now I dont know who this guy is, but from what I can gather he has a bit of a reputation around the Smallville Internet Universe.

He said it wasnt.........

Lana

and it wasnt

Chloe

and it wasnt

Martha

Take that and think of it whatever you want. ;)

17. rumpuso Registered

Avid, what site is this person from and do you know any of his credentials? Because honestly, I've found on the internet that there are dozens of self professed "insiders", anywhere from knowing the scoop of the Superman movie, to knowing who will die on Smallville. Everyone knows something, but no one really knows anything. If they did, they probably wouldn't be posting it on a public board if they loved their job. The thing is, there is no way to know who is legit in a world where people can act however they want. All it takes is a winking emoticon and people seem to listen.

So, just wondering who this new insider is....

18. KalKai n/a

He's not new, he's the 1 that gives the spoilers to Kryptonsite "Thanks Sam", he's from TWoP forums.

19. rumpuso Registered

Well maybe he's legit. But isn't this the same forum that screams that Chlois is the truth? I know KSite feeds off them for their arguments. Oye.

20. avidreader Registered

As I said rumpuso, I dont know who he is that's why I said make of it what you want and I'm not saying that his prediction is going to come true.

However, I wasnt well yesterday and I was laid up on the couch just surfing around, and I saw his predictions in a couple of places and they all said that this guy knows things that others dont. As Kalkai said he's the one that provides the spoilers.

Its quite possible that he doesnt know, but because everybody thinks he does, he's gonna stick some things out there to see the reaction.

I dunno. Bottom line is we wont really know until the episode airs. They are being very tight lipped about this. And its a good thing because they are getting the reaction from the fans that they want.

21. rumpuso Registered

Oh I know Avid, that you were only posting what you had seen. I just sometimes get tired of all the supposed "insiders" we see across each and every board. I hope you didn't feel I was knocking you because that was not my intention. And, as you said, we'll know for sure once the episode airs. :)

22. mellyM Registered

I'm ******ed, never mind

23. mellyM Registered

all that means is he has access to the sides posted..which has nothing to do with the show, since they aren't posting them on free sites anymore

24. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I don't know if I'm happy to know who it might be, I didn't want to find out, but it's been drivig me crazy so I looked...

However, I betcha 'rene is going to be ecstatic it's not be Lana, at least according to this guy.... I had suspected that it might be Jonathan going from the trailer.

It seems like the only other times we'd seen large angel statues in grave yards (even in all the times scenes have taken place in graveyards) was when Clark and Lana were at her parents' graves and then later again at Whitney's Dad's funeral...

Seems like they save the huge angel staturary for parents graves... Or it could mean nothing.

25. Red King Littlefinger

Sounds like Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.