1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Reckoning Discussion Thread (100th episode, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by KalKai, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumpuso Registered

edited because I'm not rumpuso and I completely forgot I was using her computer (oops)
    -Melly

2. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Since the Third season I thinks she does know but wants Clark to want to tell her. Think of the season finale of season three, she says to him, "If you have something to say to me, say it before I'm gone." I think she wants him to say of his free will. Her being a jerk to him part of the forth season, I think was do to him not telling her. But she couldn't stay away, and realized that she does love him regardless. Maybe she thinks he'll tell her eventually if they stay together.

Remember in Lois and Clark, when he tells her she says she already knew. That is what I think will happen,and hopefully this season. I think she is still too important to the story of him becoming Superman to kill her off.:D :up:

3. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Oh, and awsome trailer. I want it too be here now.:(

4. Gmanofsteel Registered

The first one makes sense, but idk about the second one, i find it a little hard to belive TPTB would killl a superman charcter who very well has a future :(

gosh this sucks, we need the 100th ep now :(

5. avidreader Registered

She definitely knew something was up with him. He basically admitted to her that he was different as far back as I can remember. And I do believe that she has been protecting him somewhat this season. Hence, why we never saw a big deal made of his resurrection.

Now that she's investigating space ships and meteor showers, its possible that she's starting to tie it all into what he really is.

I still think this Lexana thing thats hinted at for the end of the season will be Lana still trying to help Clark in some way.

Okay, I just rewatched that trailer and I swear whoever is standing behind Clark has long hair. Either Martha or Lana, it doesnt look light enough to be Lois.

6. KalKai n/a

It's obviously Martha, she must be destroyed poor woman.

7. Joaqenix Registered

If it was Martha why would she be just standing there? And far away from the coffin? If it was Martha I feel like she would a bit more "destroyed" and either with Clark right next to the grave, or already on her way out. I don't see her just standing there. To me it looks like someone is standing there basically waiting for Clark to have his time and then come along.

If Jonathan was dying, I doubt Martha would be standing there. It'd probably be Lana, Chloe, or Lois. On the other hand, if Chloe was the dead person, then I could see it being Martha.

On the "when should Lana find out" factor, its one of the things I've thought about the most since I've started watching Smallville. IF season 6 was to be the last, then I think she should find out in the last episode of this season as a cliffhanger. But I do not at all think they should wait until the series finale for her to find out. Its definitely something that should be at least a half-season long arc. I also want Clark to TELL Lana. It shouldn't be her figuring it out or being told by someone else like Alicia telling Chloe.

8. muscaremy Registered

just a nitpick but technically alicia didnt tell chloe.....hehe

9. KalKai n/a

Joagenix all we're seeing in the trailer is just a small part of the funeral, that person (Martha) already had her time, and now she's letting Clark have his time, alone.

10. Earthsea Registered

She SHOWED Chloe. If Alicia just told Chloe she'd be skeptical the most. But then again Chloe would just think back to all the Mysterious things Clark have done in the past. But why do that when its better to show her ? I also wonder why Chloe has not told Clark HOW she found out. Well she did technially but did not bring up Alicia :p

11. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

I figured that conversation happened off screen, I'm sure she told him.

Welcome to the Hype, by the way! We are a nice bunch Earthsea.:up: :)

12. Dagoods Registered

Who in the world is that bald headed chick?

Please don't tell me that's Lana :(???............:( :( :(

13. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

She is the character from "Fanatic" that is stalking Lex during the Campain.

14. Dagoods Registered

15. Dagoods Registered

16. Joaqenix Registered

I know thats just a small part of what will inevitably be in the trailer...all I was saying is that the person standing there looks a little too composed to be someone who was struck close to home by the death.

17. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

You can't really see the person's face, how can you know how composed they really are? Just because the person doesn't appear to be in hysterics doesn't mean they haven't suffered a loss....

Different people handle grief in different ways.

18. avidreader Registered

Whoever it is looks like they have their hands in the pockets of their coat. That is something that Lana does and Martha also does it, but moreso Lana.

By the way, I'm back to thinking its Jonathan. Miles said in the latest Smallville mag. that this death would change the series dramatically and we are also told that its going to have a profound effect on Clark. Whilst I think he would mourn the loss of Chloe, Jonathan's death would have a bigger impact on him.

19. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

While Chloe's death would be an important event in his life, it's nothing like the death of a parent. Nothing.

I've had friends die and I've had even cousins and uncles and my grandparents die but none of those deaths, as much as I was impacted by them, was like the death of my father.

I've never really been convinced that anyone other than Jonathan or Martha dying would affect Clark in any significant way, especially in terms of his journey to becoming Superman.

20. avidreader Registered

And to a certain extent and within a certain context, we will see Jor-el start to fill the void that the loss of Jonathan has on Clark.

21. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

22. avidreader Registered

Yeah, I think we will. You got something else to say about it. ;)

23. muscaremy Registered

ya i know that was my point she showed not told her..... i was just bustin balls

24. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

25. Earthsea Registered

Is Lana floating up ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.