Red Steel Review

jaydawg said:
You make WHF seem logical.
The illogical thing to do would to be doing what the Nintendo fanboys are doing: acting like they know the game better than the reviewers who actually played the game.

Logic dictates that a Zelda game is a perfect ten, even if it's actually an 8.8 if you remove the Zelda name from it. Come on!

So one 8.8 out of all the low to high 9s is an 8.8? Please.

One site (gamespot) reviewed the game on it's own merits, and found it to be quite good, giving it a great score and calling it "great". The other sites reviewed the game on it's own merits AND based on it's name and hype, and gave it an inflated score as a result. It's really not that hard to understand. I could understand if you guys had a specific beef with the review, like he said there wasn't enough ammo for Link's gun so he gave it a 1.0 or something stupid like that, but you guys DON'T have a specific beef with the review. All you guys have is a bunch of aimless whining about .2 points. It's still a great game. Gamespot even said as much. Get over it.

Spidey-Bat said:
It makes me mad because someone is going to go on GameSpot, see the score and believe the petty complaints ruin the game and pass on it.
And how does the possible actions of another person affect you while you're busy playing a game you like?

Maybe someone should just create a talkback thread on the GameSpot review so the threads don't veer off course.

Anyway, I've been told that the Red Steel review from IGN will be up later tonight. I expect a rating in the high 7's, maybe in the mid 8's if the improved control mechanics are true. But the number is just one component of the review, so I recommend that all of you interested in the game actually read the review.

Addendum said:
And how does the possible actions of another person affect you while you're busy playing a game you like?

Because I find it sad that someone will miss out playing a great game such as Twilight Princess because Jeff over exaggerated on it's weaknesses.

When I play videogames, I don't think about others. I'm too busy enjoying the game.

I don't either. But when after I have played and am thinking back on how awesome the last dungeon was or the difficulty that last boss was, I will think that someone is missing out because fat Jeff didn't talk about how fun and exciting the game is in his review.

Spidey-Bat said:
Because I find it sad that someone will miss out playing a great game such as Twilight Princess because Jeff over exaggerated on it's weaknesses.
First, Gamespot agrees with you that it's great, hence the "great" score.

Second, no one's going to decide not to buy the game because Gamespot gave it almost a 9/10.

WhatsHisFace said:
First, Gamespot agrees with you that it's great, hence the "great" score.

I go by more the strengths and weaknesses presented in the review more than the little description of the score.

Second, no one's going to decide not to buy the game because Gamespot gave it almost a 9/10.

Actually yes. Because it got an 8.8, there may be someone who will pass on it. Some people are VERY picky.

http://gstp.ytmnd.com/

Its just a way to generate traffic/attention. You glance at the scores and see one site's score sticks out from the rest and check it out. If someone reads that review and only that review well then they deserve not to play the game.

slinger said:
Wahahaha!
Its just a way to generate traffic/attention. You glance at the scores and see one site's score sticks out from the rest and check it out. If someone reads that review and only that review well then they deserve not to play the game.
I really doubt an already widely viewed website like Gamespot would do that.

Does anyone know when IGN will have their review up?
Seeing as the Wii is coming out tomorrow I would have thought IGN would have reviewed most of the titles by now?

Watching this game gives me a headache for some reason. :confused:

It also reminds me of die Hard: Vendetta.

(that's a bad think btw)

Spidey-Bat said:
I don't either. But when after I have played and am thinking back on how awesome the last dungeon was or the difficulty that last boss was, I will think that someone is missing out because fat Jeff didn't talk about how fun and exciting the game is in his review.
When I finish a game, all I think about is what I should play next.

Or if it's a RPG, I'd think about going back and playing but taking a different approach with my character.

Wow.. Nintendo fanboys up in arms over a bad review? :o

It was a mediocre game, get over it and stop crying. There is no big conspiracy against you, and GS isn't trying to keep people from buying the Wii. They're just being objective critics like they should be. They're not ****ing their pants over a game just because of it's name or hype like almost every other reviewer, so stop complaining.

They didn't give GoW a perfect 10. Does that give me a reason to **** myself and start screaming bloody murder and accuse them of hating X360 games? Get over yourselves, ****.

Whiny ****ing babies. Makes me sick. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"