Red Steel Review

Extromaniac said:
Wow.. Nintendo fanboys up in arms over a bad review? :o

It was a mediocre game, get over it and stop crying. There is no big conspiracy against you, and GS isn't trying to keep people from buying the Wii. They're just being objective critics like they should be. They're not wizing their pants over a game just because of it's name or hype like almost every other reviewer, so stop complaining.

They didn't give GoW a perfect 10. Does that give me a reason to **** myself and start screaming bloody murder and accuse them of hating X360 games? Get over yourselves, ****.

Whiny ****ing babies. Makes me sick. :o

And to this man I give my kingdom for his wisdom.

WhatsHisFace said:
Wahahaha!

I really doubt an already widely viewed website like Gamespot would do that.

http://zelda8point8.ytmnd.com/

No so they don't visit other sites. They might go on game rankings or a video game blog or a message board and they see 9.5/10 "Well that seems about right" but then they see Gamespot is sticking out like a sore thumb and then all the message boards around the world are talking about it going to Gamespot to see this review instead of the other sites.

slinger said:
http://zelda8point8.ytmnd.com/

No so they don't visit other sites. They might go on game rankings or a video game blog or a message board and they see 9.5/10 "Well that seems about right" but then they see Gamespot is sticking out like a sore thumb and then all the message boards around the world are talking about it going to Gamespot to see this review instead of the other sites.

Or you could be vastly over-estimating one reviewer's power in the gaming world. Or that. Always that. :o

Extromaniac said:
Or you could be vastly over-estimating one reviewer's power in the gaming world. Or that. Always that. :o

Yeah. But anything Nintendo is discussing this, its like a virus, so right now Jeff has some power in the gaming world. Doesn't mean its good.

Gammy79 said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15173&type=wmv

7.8 by GameTrailers.

Red Steel

"A decent amount of fun to be had, but when it comes to controls there's definitely a learning curve."

Yup, Gamespot's just hatin'.

Or it could be just that they're rating a mediocre game with a mediocre score? You're the last one that I'd suspect thought there was some kind of GameSpot conspiracy against the Wii. :o

Red Steel has looked mediocre from the start, and a bunch of 8s and 7s aren't really showing that this was really anything other than a mediocre game. So what if GS is taking out frustration on this game? Who cares, it's not a must-have game to begin with and never will be.

Extromaniac said:
Or it could be just that they're rating a mediocre game with a mediocre score? You're the last one that I'd suspect thought there was some kind of GameSpot conspiracy against the Wii. :o

Red Steel has looked mediocre from the start, and a bunch of 8s and 7s aren't really showing that this was really anything other than a mediocre game. So what if GS is taking out frustration on this game? Who cares, it's not a must-have game to begin with and never will be.

shh_fundance_11nov89.jpg

Shhhh....play along, goddamn it...

On one hand, I really want to get Red Steel...it looks fun, and has box art so awesome that it justifies a purchase alone. But on the other hand, I really want to cancel my Wii an Zelda preorder out of hatred for the Nintendo fans I've encountered here.

Tetragrammaton said:
On one hand, I really want to get Red Steel...it looks fun, and has box art so awesome that it justifies a purchase alone. But on the other hand, I really want to cancel my Wii an Zelda preorder out of hatred for the Nintendo fans I've encountered here.

Yeah, cancel everything :(
You'll probably end up hating the whole thing, and then games in general :(

Tetragrammaton said:

Spite is not a valid reason for returning an item.

Go ahead. If you're really considering it, might as well give your Wii to someone who actually wants it. You shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. If that was the case with me, I'd never have bought a 360.

Gammy79 said:
Yeah, cancel everything :(
You'll probably end up hating the whole thing, and then games in general :(
I'm close to that point after tonight. Seeing people throw a fit over a score as awesome as an 8.8 is just...unreal. I haven't been this disenfranchised with gaming since Oblivion was released, which actually wasn't that long ago, which makes me feel kinda burnt out :(

Tetragrammaton said:
Maybe not. Hatred is though.

You're driven by hatred to spite the Nintendo fans by canceling your Wii preorders. So it's still spite.

Tetragrammaton said:
I'm close to that point after tonight. Seeing people throw a fit over a score as awesome as an 8.8 is just...unreal. I haven't been this disenfranchised with gaming since Oblivion was released, which actually wasn't that long ago, which makes me feel kinda burnt out :(

LOL now that I think of it, Gamespot gave Shenmue 2 a 7.3

Spidey-Bat said:
You're driven by hatred to spite the Nintendo fans by canceling your Wii preorders. So it's still spite.

No, out of hatred for Nintendo fans he doesn't want to get the Wii.

That's not spite, that's just getting pissed off with a group of whining idiots and not wanting something anymore. :o

Tetragrammaton said:

As I have said, it is not the score. It is the review itself.

And when the bad place am I going to break 18,000 posts?

Extromaniac said:
No, out of hatred for Nintendo fans he doesn't want to get the Wii.

That's not spite, that's just getting pissed off with a group of whining idiots and not wanting something anymore. :o
That's what spite is :o

Gammy79 said:
LOL now that I think of it, Gamespot gave Shenmue 2 a 7.3
Which is still a pretty good score. People just can't seem to grasp that 5 is mediocre, and anything above 5 is "better than most". They seem to think 8.9 and below means "this game blows".

Spidey-Bat said:
As I have said, it is not the score. It is the review itself.

And when the bad place am I going to break 18,000 posts?

That's what spite is :o
And you can say that as many times as you want, and it will never, never be true. Nintendo fanboys are *****ing and moaning about the score, period. It's plain as day.

Tetragrammaton said:
And you can say that as many times as you want, and it will never, never be true. Nintendo fanboys are *****ing and moaning about the score, period. It's plain as day.

It is true.

Tetragrammaton said:
Which is still a pretty good score. People just can't seem to grasp that 5 is mediocre, and anything above 5 is "better than most". They seem to think 8.9 and below means "this game blows".

I still hate Jeff and his face though, but I guess you have a point.

Tetragrammaton said:

You fool! eBay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"