Reeve's Superman or Bale's Batman

For you he does, yes.

For others, not so much. :shrug:

Why are some Nolan fans always so dogmatic? :funny:

Bruce Wayne is the most important part of the character though and Bale runs circles around Keaton in that regard.

Again that’s subjective, they both played very different versions of Bruce Wayne too.

Bale actually played Bruce Wayne, Keaton played a recluse with terrible social skills.

It’s a different interpretation of Bruce Wayne, same as Kilmers, Clooney’s, Affleck’s and so on were there own takes on Bruce Wayne. You don’t seem to have a grasp of subjective opinions at all.

It’s a different interpretation of Bruce Wayne, same as Kilmers, Clooney’s, Affleck’s and so on were there own takes on Bruce Wayne. You don’t seem to have a grasp of subjective opinions at all.

Well in my "subjective opinion, It's an interpretation that strays too far then. Honestly aside from Keaton himself, There just really isn't much to empathize with when it comes to his Batman.

Well in my "subjective opinion, It's an interpretation that strays too far then. Honestly aside from Keaton himself, There just really isn't much to empathize with when it comes to his Batman.

And that’s fine but anytime someone has a different opinion you come at them like that opinion is wrong because it doesn’t align with yours.

And again the latter is your opinion, not mine and several others who’ve responded to you.

And that’s fine but anytime someone has a different opinion you come at them like that opinion is wrong because it doesn’t align with yours.

And again the latter is your opinion, not mine and several others who’ve responded to you.

In the first post, You said "Bale wasn't even the best Batman" as though that were an objective fact. There wasn't any "in my personal opinion" statements to be found.

Last edited:
For you he does, yes.

For others, not so much. :shrug:

Why are some Nolan fans always so dogmatic? :funny:

I honestly don't see how their anymore "dogamtic" than the fans of any other interpretations of the character of Batman, especially not the ones who defend Keatons lack of actual character and focus because he has a "whispery Batman voice".

Again, you're being dogmatic lol.

And no, we haven't been acting dogmatic. We've made it perfectly clear that your opinion is just as valid as our own, but that it's still ultimately just an opinion. You, on the other hand, can't seem to stomach any view that doesn't align with your own. :shrug: Trumpet your lame-ass opinion all you want, but don't talk like it's established fact or the God's honest truth lol. Why did you bring me back into this anyway? I've lost interest.

In the first post, You said "Bale wasn't even the best Batman" as though that were an objective fact. There wasn't any "in my personal opinion" statements to be found.

Actually I said imo, as per below? I’ve bolded it so you can see.

Reeve’s Superman is the GOAT of superhero castings, Bale isn’t even the best Batman imo.

He seemed a lot more confident and less reclusive in Batman Returns.

Yeah good point. There's been a great scene where he’s having a meeting with Max Shreck tellling him he’s going to fight him on his power plant plans. Then there’s his scenes with Selina aswell as the fact he actually goes to a ball.

Confidence was never an issue. It was simply the fact of how reclusive he was to the point that the press of Gotham City don't even recognize him when they lay eyes on him face to face. Vicki I can understand as she was new in town, but when Knox meets him he's like "Who are you?". And they are in Wayne Manor lol.

The only reason he set foot near Schreck's party was because Selina was going to be there. When Alfred first presented him with the invitation he refused it until he realized Selina might be there. Even then he stood as the odd man out at the party with no costume on, and not socializing with anyone. There was no real distinction between his Bruce and his Batman. They were both shut off, broody, and odd types.

Its one of many reasons why I think Bale outclasses Keaton in the role. Bale essentially presented three sides to the character. The playboy/public persona Wayne, the haunted/tormented private Wayne, and of course Batman. I think even Kilmer showed more range in the role in his one outing than Keaton did in his two combined.

Its like Burton was so reluctant to do anything remotely interesting with the character because he wanted to keep the 'mystery' vibe of Batman. It also hurt other characters in the movies. For example Commissioner Gordon was wasted. Between two movies he and Keaton's Batman shared one five second scene together. Things like that just put Keaton's version in the lower tier for me.

Last edited:
I think that’s just Burton’s style of storytelling, it’s like everything has to be connected and wrap up in a nice bubble. I honestly think that’s why he had Jack Napier kill the Wayne’s, not that I agree with that but it’s just just a different take and one from a very different time.

Again, you're being dogmatic lol.

And no, we haven't been acting dogmatic. We've made it perfectly clear that your opinion is just as valid as our own, but that it's still ultimately just an opinion. You, on the other hand, can't seem to stomach any view that doesn't align with your own. :shrug: Trumpet your lame-ass opinion all you want, but don't talk like it's established fact or the God's honest truth lol. Why did you bring me back into this anyway? I've lost interest.

My "lame-ass opinion" that Bale is better than Keaton because he actually has a character? That's pretty condescending honestly.

You know, on one hand, I can understand the issue. Keaton-Bruce Wayne really was kind of a weirdo and loner. OTOH. . . its not just Gotham, its Gotham as envisioned by Tim Burton. Can we be sure that his weirdo loner aspects would actually stand out against the kind of people who fill up Burton-Gotham?

I thought this thread was about Reeve vs Bale, not Bale vs Keaton?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"