The Winter Soldier Release Date= April 4th, 2014

Pedestrian is a pretty good way to describe it

I really liked the movie, but they played it about as safe as possible

Yeah same here, I like the movie but when I watch it it doesnt engage me, its just there, they really could have done something better than what we got if it wasnt rushed and so desperate to get to the end. Hopefully the sequel improves on this.

I'd do Baron Zemo for this one and then for the 3rd one have RS return with Crossbones

Logically and personally it should be done that way, but I fear Weaving won't be Skull anymore. That's a damn shame if it happens.

I honestly don't feel Cap was rushed. I felt it was well paced, especially considering how much it had to cover. Yet, it works very well.

So you are saying you didn't see a superhero fighting in WW2? Because I'm sure I saw one.

Yeah, Obviously we saw Cap in WWII cause that's when the movie was set. No need for the sarcastic question and statement.

I think what Roach and I are getting at is that there was the potential to have richer sequences to show his impact on the War effort even more-so than they did.

We did get a great escape scene with Cap leading the prisoners back to the allied base, but we also saw that slow motion sequence where they showed a bunch of different things cap did and I think there was an opportunity to flesh those out more, or as roach put it, savor the moments of Cap helping turn the war effort in the allies favor. That's all. Didn't hurt the film, didn't lessen our view on how good the film was, we just would have liked a little more than what they gave us.

I honestly don't feel Cap was rushed. I felt it was well paced, especially considering how much it had to cover. Yet, it works very well.

yeah it did have a lot to cover, I understand why they went about it the way they did, just left me wanting a little bit more is all. It's not like it made the film bad, by any means. It is my favorite of the Origin films, I just would have liked a few things slightly more fleshed out.

Also if she's not in Avengers I hope Sharon Carter will be in the movie.

Is April a good time to release a movie? Wouldn't they want to capitalize on the first week of May which is usually the start of the summer blockbuster season?

i think that if a movie is good, it doesnt matter when it is coming out. frankly i think the summer months are too crowded anyway. there are movies that made a lot of money and they came out in the winter.

Yeah same here, I like the movie but when I watch it it doesnt engage me, its just there, they really could have done something better than what we got if it wasnt rushed and so desperate to get to the end. Hopefully the sequel improves on this.

i liked the movie, but for me it was missing some nice moneyshots. cap is not a character that has exciting and visually stunning superpowers, so in his case i think the director needs to play with the camera more to make the action more interesting. also since cap has hightened agility, the director could have played on that a bit more as well.
and i was also hoping to see some shots where cap throws his shield and the camera is flying with the shield.
hope to see it in the sequel.

So, like...

now that we have an official release date, shouldn't we have a dedicated forum for this film?

I didn't feel the first movie was rushed, it was well-made.

The story was just really predictable and safe. It didn't have that ooomph, that extra something and the villain was weak!

I hope Captain America 2 does well in the box-office but I'm not sure with the release date. This should be a summer movie.

Hunger Games came out in March psylockolussus ;) .

It's different sure psylock, but consider how crowded summers tend to get. I think Cap in 2011 sort of almost got lost in the midst of all those other big releases like Transformers 3 and Harry Potter 8.

Movies have actually been doing big business in March and April in recent years. It's not such a bad move. Look at the last two Fast and Furious sequels.

Yeah Captain America could stay in the top spot for two-three weeks with an April release date.

Totally agree, Cap is one of my favourite movies of all-time. Cannot wait for Cap 2.

I really like the April release date. It seemed a little odd at first, but in recent years March and April have become much bigger months for movies. I think TFA got kind of lost in the shuffle when it was released in late July, which probably harmed its box office a bit, so a release in April when there probably won't be any other big movies around should be an improvement.

I also like how it undercuts The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sony got a little too ambitious, I think, by locking up a release date for the sequel in 2014 before the first movie was even released in 2012. Obviously they did it so that Disney/Marvel couldn't get what has become their traditional opening weekend. :oldrazz:

I really like the April release date. It seemed a little odd at first, but in recent years March and April have become much bigger months for movies. I think TFA got kind of lost in the shuffle when it was released in late July, which probably harmed its box office a bit, so a release in April when there probably won't be any other big movies around should be an improvement.

I also like how it undercuts The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sony got a little too ambitious, I think, by locking up a release date for the sequel in 2014 before the first movie was even released in 2012. Obviously they did it so that Disney/Marvel couldn't get what has become their traditional opening weekend. :oldrazz:
This pretty much. But just FYI, Sony had Spider-Man come out that weekend first in 2002 ;) before Marvel Studios/Paramount carried it on with Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and The Avengers.

Good point. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3 both released on the first weekend of May in 2002 and 2007. Spider-Man 2 released in late June 2004 because Van Helsing was already set for the beginning of May.

And X2 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine opened on the first weekend of May in 2003 and 2009, respectively. So if you lump all of the Marvel movies together (regardless of the different studios) then the tradition continues.

After the Hunger Games, Alice in Wonderland and Fast Five's success, I don't see how anybody can see this release date as bad. Now if they had moved the film from Summer I would agree that, that spelled trouble but they didn't.

People go see movies that they want to see regardless of the time of year. Summer has gotten to crowded as it is. There is no room for movies to have legs.

I SEE SPIDEY pretty much nailed it. I think now you just need a solid date where you can get as much release real estate as possible. I think if you look at the numbers overall ticket sales this year have been pretty high. Yeah January and September are usually dumping grounds but even there you see solid lower budget hits like The Grey.

Also just remember movies like The Matrix and The Mummy also came out in the March April months back in the day. You can release big movies in this time frame is the point.

its ok....just wish we'd get a 4th of July opening for once

I would have loved either a Memorial Day or Fourth of July OW, but I'm happy with what we've got. The best part about it is that'll mean one less month of waiting until the next MCU movie. :woot:

I blame Michael Bay and Spielberg.

No way Paramount was going to do it with everything going back to Disney. They did a minimal job on Captain America anyway.

The earlier in the year we get it the sooner I get to see it. :)

I SEE SPIDEY pretty much nailed it. I think now you just need a solid date where you can get as much release real estate as possible. I think if you look at the numbers overall ticket sales this year have been pretty high. Yeah January and September are usually dumping grounds but even there you see solid lower budget hits like The Grey.

Also just remember movies like The Matrix and The Mummy also came out in the March April months back in the day. You can release big movies in this time frame is the point.

ask Disney how that worked out for them.....cough cough John Carter cough cough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"