Remake of Space balls???!!

Maybe John Goodman would make a good Barf.

I don't think so. It would have to be prequel because everyone from the original is too old now. Which probably means:
NO Daphne Zuniga
NO Mel Brooks
NO Rick Moranis
NO John Candy
NO Bill Pullman

Not really sure how they could do a prequel with Lonestar AND Princess Vespa.

President Screwb and Darth Helmet are shoo-ins. But who could play younger versions of them? I think they would have Lonestar and Barf over Vespa, so who could play their younger selves?

YOUNG PRESIDENT SCROOB = RICK MORANIS

YOUNG DARTH HELMET = ???

YOUNG LONESTAR = OWEN WILSON

YOUNG BARF = JACK BLACK

I don't think so. It would have to be prequel because everyone from the original is too old now. Which probably means:
NO Daphne Zuniga
NO Mel Brooks
NO Rick Moranis
NO John Candy
NO Bill Pullman

Not really sure how they could do a prequel with Lonestar AND Princess Vespa.

President Screwb and Darth Helmet are shoo-ins. But who could play younger versions of them? I think they would have Lonestar and Barf over Vespa, so who could play their younger selves?

YOUNG PRESIDENT SCROOB = RICK MORANIS

YOUNG DARTH HELMET = ???

YOUNG LONESTAR = OWEN WILSON

YOUNG BARF = JACK BLACK

I'd also like to see Dave Chappelle in this too, if he still does movies.

I'm not a fan of changing characters races but why not just have Chappelle play Lonestar for the hell of it?

or Chappelle as a Mace Windu-type character... THAT would be perfect

Young Darth Helmet
superbad_movie_mclovin_with_hotie.jpg

No. That's all I have to say to this movie. It's a terrible idea.

Making a Spaceballs sequel based on Episode 1 is kind of redundant. It was such a joke to begin with. How much more can you make fun of Jar Jar, or the terrible acting or the lame story.

Episode 1 is already a parody.

Seth Rogen would make a good Barf.

And Moranis does ntot act anymore.

why would u remake a classic that isn't even that old?

no.sequal,yes.course the prequals are a joke in themselves

I just love that even in a prequel, Mel Brooks could still play Yogurt

What ever happened to that cartoon that was going to be on G4?

or Chappelle as a Mace Windu-type character... THAT would be perfect

Spaceballs isn't exactly a parody like 'Not Another Teen Movie' is a parody. So I wouldn't really like to see a Mace Windu type character.

Spaceballs is a parody of Star Wars. Why remake it?

No they don't, but funny movies make me laugh. This wasn't funny. At all. (For me anyway). Just because I don't tug my testes every time this desperate, shallow film is mentioned doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humour.

Look Darth Vader! Oh wait! He's tiny and played by Rick Moranis. He's actually not scary and is pretty useless! I can't wait for hilarity to ensue!

That said this is IMO, and I understand it is popular. This kind of humour isn't me at all as I didn't like Men in Tights either.

Hypothetically, if they did remake this, would the humour still stand up today? The goofball humour seems dead (amongst the general public anyway). I think Scary Movie 4 and Epic Movie killed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"