Remakes discussion Thread

Oh joy, I hope the closing credits include Lindsay Lohan singing a pop version of "Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me." :dry:

Motel Hell is being remade. I hope they at least keep the guy who wears a pig head & carries a chainsaw. http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=3518

3518_article.jpg

January 12: Now it’s MOTEL HELL being remade?!; new dates

Variety’s weekly listing of theatrical release dates and changes brought a real eye-opener this morning: Apparently, MGM has a new version of MOTEL HELL penciled in for December 7 of this year. This was the first we’d heard of such a project, but since MGM is partnered with Dimension to distribute the latter’s films—including BLACK CHRISTMAS, Rob Zombie’s upcoming HALLOWEEN and a new HELLRAISER—it wouldn’t surprise us if the Weinsteins have a hand in the new HELL as well. In any case, we’ll let you know whatever we can dig up. For those unfamiliar with the 1980 original, it stars Rory Calhoun as rural “Farmer Vincent,” whose smoked meats contain everyone’s favorite secret ingredient.

On the subject of DoTD...the zombie baby was funky, the rest of the movie sucked.

I actually didn't mind Hills Have Eyes remake, or the TCM movie.

Oh joy, I hope the closing credits include Lindsay Lohan singing a pop version of "Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me." :dry:
Do you think watching Lindsay Lohan become a giant fly would be worth admission?:cwink:

Rest assured, you can still watch the original.

if she does, her suffering will be legendary...even in Hell!!

I've heard that they're remaking Clash of The Titans!! That it would have a darker and more realistic tone but with all the mythological stuff fans loved from the original. I'm actually looking foreward to it, although, Mr. Ray Harryhousen is not too thrilled about it. What do you all think?

The Dawn Of the Dead remake was crap!

The best remake last year was The Departed, and that was more like an alternate English version than a remake.

I just fear they might try and remake Back to The Future or Ghostbusters!

DAMN THEM IF THEY EVER TRIED THAT!!!

Rest assured, you can still watch the original.

But when you bring up the movie, everyone will think of the new one.

It's like kids now, if you say Willy Wonka they're gonna think of Johnny Depp acting like Michael Jackson instead of the original Wonka, Gene Wilder, who pwned Depp all the way to hell as Wonka.

Damn, I am the only one that liked running zombies in Dawn of The Dead (remake)?

It's 10x better than lame, slow zombies that mean no threat to you unless you are close to them. ...and judging by what the main characters did in DOTD (remake), none of them would've been killed.

I hate how people assume that the Dawn remake is only hated for the zombies.

I don't mind running zombies. I don't really care, I guess. The remake just sucked.

I just saw The Fly on AMC this Saturday, the effects still hold up pretty well.

This new remake will suck because it will rely on CGI.

It's like kids now, if you say Willy Wonka they're gonna think of Johnny Depp acting like Michael Jackson instead of the original Wonka, Gene Wilder, who pwned Depp all the way to hell as Wonka.
Nah, Depps interpretation was more true to the book. Wilder was good too. BUt, I personally think both performances are so radically different that it's hard to even compare them.

Well, they're kids. Who cares? If they haven't already, someday they will all discover the originals and will see the brilliance of most of them.

For example, for the teens of today, the recent TCM movies are their TCM films, where as older people have the originals. Remakes can be made for different generations, and are often times better suited for today's generation.

My question is this: How do remakes affect any of you? I mean, everyone takes it so personally, as if the filmmakers are touching the original.

For instance, Halloween is currently being remade. But who cares? If you wanna see it, fine. You have something to look forward to. But if you don't, there's no need to whine or ***** about it. The original is a classic, obviously. But it's not like Rob Zombie is going into a vault somewhere, taking the last known copy of the original Halloween, and destroying it so that it will never be viewed in the same way again. He's making his own film, his own version (however horrible it may sound). John Carpenter's Halloween will always be here, the same as it was in 1978. It's just a matter of whether you want to see a different vision of Michael Myers or not.

While many remakes are far less superior to the originals, there are those gems that everyone has mentioned. But if you're upset about a remake....DON'T SEE IT. Simple as that. Because the thing that pisses me off is everyone going..."OMG PREDATOR REMAKE!!!! KILL EVERYONE!!!" But if/when it's released, most of you will be sitting in that theater watching it. Then you'll come back here and ***** about it some more and explain why it's Satan in film-form.

If you think a remake will suck, leave it alone. Don't worry about it.

Well said, theShape. I couldn't agree more, this is exactly what I think as well. I would've posted something similar to this, but I was too lazy.

:word:

I think he was just in a bad mood and wanted more things to hate

With the way the world is going at the moment I don't need to make **** up to make.:o

I liked the intro to Dawn of Dead with the Johnny Cash song...:o

You guys keep asking why do they keep remaking movies. Here are 2 illustrations that will help you.

no_ideas_1.jpg

single-travel-08-money-for-trips.jpg

Well, they're kids. Who cares? If they haven't already, someday they will all discover the originals and will see the brilliance of most of them.

For example, for the teens of today, the recent TCM movies are their TCM films, where as older people have the originals. Remakes can be made for different generations, and are often times better suited for today's generation.

This is a fine point, I am post teen, early twenties, but I was 16-17 I think when TCM came out, I know I could drive at least, and I was a huge horror buff, and big fan of the original, and I went with my friends, and we all dug it, I dug it, and I was like "Just wait till you see the original" and then we watched it, and they liked it, but they where so less extatic about it, as they where the new one, and it really is the next gen's TCM

And I have no problem with TCM remake, I realize they where like, I have this idea for a slasher flick, and I know I can make it faced paced, really gorey etc. and only for like 2 million dollars, and the producers where like, we'll why don't we just change a few things, make it 9 million dollars, and call it the texas chainsaw massacre remake! And just completley cash in, thus being more of a reimaging then a remake, but still, its new concepts that could work with original movies, but they would cash in alot better with familiar names

And like I said I don't mind most of them, TCM, HHE, and DOAD are all fine with me, I like the originals of TCM, and DOAD alot better, but I honestly think HHE is one of the few remakes that possibley, and I say possibley be better than the orignal, my opinion

am I the only one looking at those names in the cast and thinking "direct to video"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"