Legion Renewed for Season 2

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Legion renewed for season 2

Don’t worry, Legion fans, FX has renewed the series for a second season — the acclaimed X-Men-verse drama from writer-producer Noah Hawley will return for another year.

“The first season of Legion was a stunning achievement,” said FX programming president Eric Schrier. “More than a new series, Legion is a wholly original take on the superhero genre. Our thanks to Noah Hawley for taking the creative risks and shattering expectations.”

Great news indeed and I wonder if it'll be another eight episodes or maybe something longer like The Walking Dead between Season 1 and 2.

I hope it remains at 8

Not that I was worried since it is FX, but good that we have confirmation.

True, eight seems like a fair length. Both seasons of Fargo only had ten episodes and I see no reason why the third won't follow suit, so yeah, fair guess is Hawley might be allowed more if he'd like, but it could stay at eight.

Happy to hear about this makes me wonder if we will get some cameos from the XCU if Legion somehow finds a way to connect the dots

I hope the season is longer. If it keeps getting 8 episode seasons it'll take a long time for syndication/streaming to come into play and it might not get renewed down the line when ratings start to dip.

10-13 episodes is pretty good for a cable drama in my opinion. I'm already starting to get bummed at the prospect of Legion-less Wednesdays.

I would cheer, if the show consisted more comic book characters but eh it's just Legion for now. Most comic book shows get renewed for a second season anyway especially cable shows so not surprising.

And who cares about syndication if it gets filler episodes? So let's not. This is a heavily serialized show.

Excellent news, love this show. Hope they follow up with Patrick Stewart about that cameo.

I'm happy to hear this. I've been enjoying the show more and more each week.

I hope the number of episodes doesn't exceed 10. Sometimes less is more.

source.gif

I'm happy to hear this. I've been enjoying the show more and more each week.

I hope the number of episodes doesn't exceed 10. Sometimes less is more.

Agreed, between 8 and 10 episodes is perfect.

Happy day.

As for the length of Season 2, I think it will be however long Howley wants. Which is how it should be.

Of course, the next big question is "WHEN".

FX strikes me as a very creator friendly network. Open on season lengths, and even willing to wait for a season. I mean, Fargo missed a year.

I hope the season is longer. If it keeps getting 8 episode seasons it'll take a long time for syndication/streaming to come into play and it might not get renewed down the line when ratings start to dip.
As long as quality is good, and its acclaimed, doubt FX cancels it (think Americans, which does not get great ratings). Plus not sure they would want to anger Noah Hawley, who is their golden boy, especially with Fargo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"