Republican Candidate Thread, Who are you Supporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying anything bad to you, I was agreeing with you.

Yeah but when I told him he should vote, I was unde the impression that he was in the US, because, well...look at what the thread's about. Anyway, I know voting happens in many places, but I thought he was in the US at the time.

Yeah but when I told him he should vote, I was unde the impression that he was in the US, because, well...look at what the thread's about. Anyway, I know voting happens in many places, but I thought he was in the US at the time.
I understand, I assume that most of the people on this forum, or at least people talking about US Politics are in the US also.

please stay out of this, i said RATIONAL person.

And how are you being rational by saying that believing in creation prohibits a person from being President?? Especially when many already have been.... :dry:

Those men already demonstrated that they were "rational" enuff to govern.

so what's your problem?

Although I definitely am an independant, I've spent the last 10 years saying I'll change how I registered when I was 18 (23 years ago!). Apparently I'm just too lazy to follow through.
But the payoff for this laziness is that I'll be able to finally vote for someone who reveres the constitution as much as I do: Ron Paul.
Of course, I'll only get to vote for him in a primary... :(

To be honest, none of the Republican candidates inspire me (I'm an Independent voter). Paul has some good ideas but he's in no way electable. Giuliani is a dirty, corrupt, power-mongering, opportunistic fascist and Romney isn't much better. McCain is toothless and ineffectual, especially within his own party, but I like the guy's personality. Huckabee has already been caught lying about his tax policies and he's a creationist so I really don't trust him to do what's right for the country. And Thompson isn't even a factor.

jag

So the only thing Paul has going against him is that he is not electable in the traditional sense. Compared to the other candidates and their dirt that you sited in your post, electablility seems very minor.

Ron Paul is someone Democrats and Republicans and those of us inbetween can get behind.

Because that's where I draw the line.

Why ban gay marriage?
I think we should just ban marriage. Most folks can't actually pull it off... kinda like running with scissors...

Why ban gay marriage federally. Why not let the states decide through their constituents if they want to allow gay marriage in their state. And if a particular state wants to allow it or ban it and you don't live in that state, mind your own GD business and move on with your life. Stop trying to restrict peoples freedom based on your morals.

Why? How will 3 men getting married hurt you or society??
I guess because the point of marriage is to betroth yourself to one other person, not two other people. A marriage between three or more people ceases to become a marriage and becomes something else (a great party?) when there is more than two people intimately involved.

Let me ask you (if I may?) why do you think people (I'm going to assume you're one of them unless proven otherwise) oppose marriage between two dudes or two chicks?

Why ban gay marriage federally. Why not let the states decide through their constituents if they want to allow gay marriage in their state. And if a particular state wants to allow it or ban it and you don't live in that state, mind your own GD business and move on with your life. Stop trying to restrict peoples freedom based on your morals.

Then you're okay with 3 meen getting married too?

3 women??

[/B]

Then you're okay with 3 meen getting married too?

3 women??

There's a collosal difference. One is two people who are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together. The other is anything but that.

I guess because the point of marriage is to betroth yourself to one other person, not two other people.

Says who? Surely not some "religious" code of morally right?

A marriage between three or more people ceases to become a marriage and becomes something else (a great party?) when there is more than two people intimately involved.

How does it cease to be a marriage? Who set a a certain number?

Let me ask you (if I may?) why do you think people (I'm going to assume you're one of them unless proven otherwise) oppose marriage between two dudes or two chicks?

Why do you oppose marriage between more than 2 dudes or chix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"