Republican Candidate Thread, Who are you Supporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because this congress has been so liberal...:rolleyes:

They would be if they had free reign, which they do not because of Bush. Since their hands have been tied because of him they have done nothing but create deadlock after deadlock, passing bills that they know will get the veto stamp in order to be able to ***** about it in 2008.

Jesus. You know, that's the most frightening thing I've read in a long time. And you're right, which is what makes me shudder. We expect our politicians to be dirty, corrupt scum. That's not right. Damn, you really hit the nail on the head there.

:getsit:

:up:

jag

They would be if they had free reign, which they do not because of Bush. Since their hands have been tied because of him they have done nothing but create deadlock after deadlock, passing bills that they know will get the veto stamp in order to be able to ***** about it in 2008.
Matt, you are correct again.

Don't disagree that those guys are infinitely more scary than Huckabee. At all. Giuliani's dirty dealings are well documented and yet people swallow his "America's Mayor" fishing hook completely whole. It's just very alarming that so many American's have such a lackadaisical attitude towards corruption from politicians anymore. We've been desensitized to it to such a large degree, now, that so many of us just accept it. Things won't change until we start handing dirty politicians their own asses and running them out of town on a rail. If we're just apathetic about it, it's just going to get worse and worse.

jag

Which is sort of why I like Bloomberg. He caters to no one but the people who elected him, it seems. He finances his own campaigns which keeps him out of people's pockets, I respect it even if I disagree with him on issues.

With all this buzz about the Democrat's Candidates we are bombarded with, who are you supporting for the Republican Candidacy?

Topics to keep in mind:

Economy Falling apart
War on Terror A total fraud
Taxes Can't tell if mine have changed in the last 13 years
Health Care Not sure republicans really care about this
State's Rights This is only an issue for gay marriage and abortion
Individual Rights Seems republicans want these limited
Property Rights If your rich, this applies, if not, it doesn't
I think that covers my thoughts on how the republicans are handling these issues.

Which is sort of why I like Bloomberg. He caters to no one but the people who elected him, it seems. He finances his own campaigns which keeps him out of people's pockets, I respect it even if I disagree with him on issues.

I'd need to see his stance on the issues. All that you describe is fine and dandy but if he's willing to continue the raping of the constitution that we've had the last seven years or allow lobbyist power in Washington to continue on as it has (he is a businessman with ties to a lot of these players, after all) then he wouldn't be someone I'd want running the show.

jag

Matt, you are correct again.

Thank you.

And if the Democrats get the executive branch in '08, they will pass a **** load of ridiculous legislation, most of which does not work (NAFTA, anyone?) and then by 2016 they will lose both houses because come election time they will not have anyone to point the finger at. Then the cycle will repeat itself. And that is the problem with the modern democratic party.

Thank you.

And if the Democrats get the executive branch in '08, they will pass a **** load of ridiculous legislation, most of which does not work (NAFTA, anyone?) and then by 2016 they will lose both houses because come election time they will not have anyone to point the finger at. Then the cycle will repeat itself. And that is the problem with the modern democratic party.
This is the very problem with a two party system. We need a viale 3rd party choice.

This is the very problem with a two party system. We need a viale 3rd party choice.

I see Bloomberg as a possible viable 3rd party candidate as he could fund his own 500 million + campaign. How many other third party candidates can say that? But unfortunately, he can't win. America is not ready for a multi-party system. Though he could raise awareness.

I see Bloomberg as a possible viable 3rd party candidate as he could fund his own 500 million + campaign. How many other third party candidates can say that? But unfortunately, he can't win. America is not ready for a multi-party system. Though he could raise awareness.
That's the reason I voted for Nader. Not that he had a possiblity of winning, but we need a 3 party system, it would keep everybody in check.

How do we know that? Answer: we don't.

All politicians lie. Barack Obama, liar. Hillary Clinton, liar. Ron Paul, liar. Mitt Romney, liar. Rudy Giuliani, liar. Hell, even my boy Bill Richardson, liar. Its just the name of the game, unfortunately. That being said, I still like Huckabee the best out of the Republican crop. I'd be very hard pressed to vote against him for any of the Democrat contenders with the exceptions of Richardson, Biden, and Kucinich. None of whom will last to the primary. I just like the balance of having a Democrat congress with a Republican president or vice-versa. I feel it is best for the country (mind you, not my party, the country). And I think Huckabee would be the best man to negotiate and work WITH a Democratic Congress as opposed to AGAINST a Democratic Congress like Bush.

What lie has Ron Paul been caught in?

Anyway, I don't see how you can like Huckabee seeing as how he supports the current right-wing foreign policy.

http://rossdouthat.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/whos_afraid_of_ron_paul.php
"reason Paul has been treated differently than Huckabee by the right-wing media is very, very simple, and it has nothing to do with size-of-government issues: Paul opposes the Iraq War (and war with Iran, waterboarding, and all the rest of what's increasingly defined as the right-wing foreign policy package) and Huckabee doesn't. Full stop, end of story."

It is so funny how people still buy into the fallacy of a two party system. These people are all the same and being bought and or planted by corporations daily.

Ask yourselves… who are you hearing about word of mouth and grass roots and who is being crammed down your throat by the media. Then ask yourself why? Are my choices and opinions being made for me?

In this country it is very easy to find truth, just follow the money. If you do you will find that many of the evils that the Bush administration are guilty of have the way paved by the Clinton administration... by design. One only has to look into Backwater to find that out.

There is only one candidate that wants to give more freedom to the American people (as we should have anyway), there is only one candidate that wants to restore the constitution as the foundation of America and only one who wants to return the government’s role to solely function only in the domain under which it is constitutional obligated to.

That man is Ron Paul.

Is he running as a Republican? Yes he is but his votes have been out of step with the cronies of the the rogue regime that is in office now and have been long before he ever started his road to the Whitehouse.

Many have said that a vote for anybody else other than the “media designated: top four is a wasted vote.

Is that really true or is that just a bill of good we are being sold?

In the end we can have 10 parties but if morality and integrity are not present in any of them what is the difference?

Anyway, I don't see how you can like Huckabee seeing as how he supports the current right-wing foreign policy.

"reason Paul has been treated differently than Huckabee by the right-wing media is very, very simple, and it has nothing to do with size-of-government issues: Paul opposes the Iraq War (and war with Iran, waterboarding, and all the rest of what's increasingly defined as the right-wing foreign policy package) and Huckabee doesn't. Full stop, end of story."

I would be interested in hearing that one as well.

I would be interested in hearing that one as well.
My only problem with Ron Paul is his stance on fighting terrorism. Other than that, I respect and admire Ron Paul because of his love for the Constitution.

I hate Republicans.
Republicans are stupid.
I hate Republicans.

whoopi_goldberg.jpg

I would possibly vote for Bloomberg if he jumped in, and Hillary was the Democrat's nominee.

As for the topic at hand, I don't support any of the Republicans running. I would vote for a moderate Republican, but the current field strikes me as being Bush-lite.

If I'm not mistaken, he has lied about the origin of Iraq's chemical weapons of the 80s and been caught in the same lie on numerous occassions.

I'm a registered Dem for Caucus reasons, but I really like Ron Paul. He won me over when I saw him speak and he was asked about his views on abortion. He said that he was pro-life (I'm pro-choice), BUT he would never pass a federal law to ban abortion because he felt it should be up to the states to decide. Just then, a lightning bolt hit me and I had this moment of clarity : THAT is democracy. Having a President pass down his personal moral judgments and opinions is NOT. He went on to say this, and it's stuck with me ever since, "The goverment is here to ensure your safety, not improve your behavior". I instantly respected and admired Dr. Paul at that moment.

It's so simple, but we seem to have forgotten that. Ron Paul seems to be the only candidate who wants to give the people their voice back.

I'm a registered Dem for Caucus reasons, but I really like Ron Paul. He won me over when I saw him speak and he was asked about his views on abortion. He said that he was pro-life (I'm pro-choice), BUT he would never pass a federal law to ban abortion because he felt it should be up to the states to decide. Just then, a lightning bolt hit me and I had this moment of clarity : THAT is democracy. Having a President pass down his personal moral judgments and opinions is NOT. He went on to say this, and it's stuck with me ever since, "The goverment is here to ensure your safety, not improve your behavior". I instantly respected and admired Dr. Paul at that moment.

It's so simple, but we seem to have forgotten that. Ron Paul seems to be the only candidate who wants to give the people their voice back.
Bingo bango.

What exactly do you have against his stance on fighting terrorism?
When asked at a Republican Debate about imminent thread to our country, He said we havn't been attacked on this country since the opening days of the war of 1812, seeming to forget about the 1993 WTC bombings, and 9/11. He is a Non-interventionalist, I believe that this country has a morale obligation to spread freedom all over the world. That is what we are doing in Iraq, we've been doing that since WW1 (well, actually since the Barbary Wars in the 1800's).

Ron Paul in my opinion, would rather not go to a foreign land to protect us here. This is the only Mainstream Libertarian stance I have a problem with. Again, I respect the hell out of him for his Admiration for the Constitution. Only if all politians did, this country would be in a much better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"