Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

We still get Resident Evil: The Epilogue and Resident Evil: The Appendix and Resident Evil: The Index and Resident Evil: The Afterword

Like zombies, they just keep coming back.

This and the Fast/Furious franchise were my mainstays back in junior high-high school. Its crazy to see them still kicking.

Difference is, I'll ride with Fast until it's over.

I'm game. These movies are dumb fun.

How many have they made?

Well this is definitely the last one of this particular RE film franchise and I'm excited for it. Not sure why people are so hard on these movies especially in this forum where you have people defending equally panned superhero movies :shrug:

Eh, I was done after the third film.

The hilarious thing about the third movie is that at the beginning Alice said that the T virus dried up all the water in the world so the third movie is like Mad Max with zombies. The plot point about the T virus getting rid of the water didn't even stay for the sequel because Alice is trying to find a safe place called Arcadia that is sending out radio signals and it turns out that Arcadia is a ship floating in the pacific ocean.

Last edited:
8tRVDsG.jpg

Can't wait not to see this!

1-2 were ok, but I could barely survive the 3rd one. Made an attempt to watch the 4th one, but I switched it off after 30 minutes and gave up on the franchise there.

Edit: Yep, the trailer is now up and as expected, it looks horrible.

Last edited:
I've been a fan of the games since day one. Well actually when they released RE to the Sega Saturn, so here's my thoughts on the movies.

Part 1, I enjoyed it. Saw it multiple times. Even their soundtrack was good. (Slipknot, Marylin Manson, Rammstein, Static-X, Depeche Mode, etc)
Part 2, a straight up guilty pleasure. It's a bad movie, but I don't know why I enjoy it.
Part 3, RE meets Mad Max, ugh. Enjoyed it when I first saw it, but I can't sit through it.
Part 4, I enjoyed it as much as I did the first one. Still a bad movie, but I can watch it over and over.
Part 5, Absolutely hated it.

Now this one. I don't have any high hopes for it, I'm sure it will either be terrible like 5 or be terrible but a guilty pleasure. I am kind of glad they're going back to Raccoon City, so hopefully we get walkers and not the Ganados.

anyone see the trailer my god this looks like complete garbage lol

Milla is smoking hot though.

RE6_DIGI_1SHT_LK5_02_v1.jpg

I liked the trailer, but this film series is my guilty pleasure for its trashyness lol

Ya'll can't deny that opening theme and sequence from Retribution wasn't the ****.

[YT]SSUhVLaxlZc[/YT]

Last edited:
These movies are pretty awful, but I've been watching them since childhood so they still have a special place in my heart. Definitely going to see the last one as well. I hope it's more like 1, 2 and 4, as in bad but still entirely watchable.

Last edited:
I liked the trailer, but this film series is my guilty pleasure for its trashyness lol

It's badness is both a detriment and the charm of the series.

The negative aspect steams from how the movies ended up influencing the games, with the sixth game.

Paul WS Anderson and the RS film series are very much a product of the late 90's/early 2000's. It still has that left-over vibes from The Matrix, which is nearly 20 years old.

It's fun and whatever, but it's time to move. The series never reached its potential and while some may think that's fine, I think we can do better the next time around.

And the 'MEH' awards goes to to Mila's husband for pretty much ruining her career. I know they're a lovely couple but jeez.

The first one is pretty good.

I continue to see this just for Mila. I think she married the wrong Paul Anderson. Lawd.

Has anyone seen this great motorcycle commercial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"