Return of the Fantastic Four (Comics)

I'm very interested in seeing how this goes. My thoughts

-I'm glad they're coming back to the Marvel family in full, so they aren't shunned in comics or toys anymore. (would be funny to see what they do with them in the comics if the Fox purchase fell through. They happen to disappear again? lol)

-I'm interested in what Dan Slott will do with them. I didn't like some of the bigger story ideas that Slott had for Spidey, but I think he's a very skilled writer and some of his stuff has been excellent (I loved Spider-verse overall for example). He seems to like writing on a grand scale which I think will work a lot better on the FF than it does for Spidey as a character.

-Can't wait to see what happens when Doom sees them again after his trying to be a hero stint.

-I hope that a bunch of heroes welcome them back, like tons of them

I'm very interested in seeing how this goes. My thoughts

-I'm glad they're coming back to the Marvel family in full, so they aren't shunned in comics or toys anymore. (would be funny to see what they do with them in the comics if the Fox purchase fell through. They happen to disappear again? lol)

Haha, if the Fox purchase falls through, we'll probably get an issue where Thanos tracks them down and kills them, saying, not so Fantastic now are ya"

b3G0nof.jpg

2o1rsVE.jpg

Are people hyped? What do you think of aging up the kids?

I would have been hyped if this was for the movies. That being said, its nice to see the First Family united once again.

I'm really excited to see Sue back and kicking butt!

I'm hoping that the book is fast-paced, exciting, and the team go on insane adventures. Part of the problem with the runs before they were cancelled was that there was hardly any adventure or anything new, when that's part of what the FF should be about. No more staying in New York and the Baxter Building for ages.

Last edited:
2o1rsVE.jpg

Are people hyped? What do you think of aging up the kids?

All I ask of the kids is that they bicker, like real siblings. Like the FF was known for in the early days. Their portrayal as emotionless geniuses is boring.

And please tell me Ben does not look like that in the book. :csad:

All I ask of the kids is that they bicker, like real siblings. Like the FF was known for in the early days. Their portrayal as emotionless geniuses is boring.

And please tell me Ben does not look like that in the book. :csad:

Don't worry that art is only for a variant cover. The art in the book is done by the talented artist Sara Pichelli. The actual cover is her artwork:

b3G0nof.jpg

Here is her very rough and early sketch of Ben in the book, which already looks better than the variant cover's Ben.

tumblr_p7ubnsr2VV1snjfumo1_500.jpg

Look up her art, it is very good.

I hope that Slott make Sue a doctor or something. For too long she's been in the shadow of Reed and is just "Reed's wife". Now's the time to give her something for herself that isn't about her family and a career in medicine could be just that. It would help have her be more involved in outside the of the FF in the MU and bring something needed for the team on their adventures. Reed's field is physics not medicine and every exploration team needs a doctor, she'd be the Bones to his Spock.

Sara Pichelli's costume designs

tumblr_p9lnvjrF731wnsx41o2_r1_500.jpg

Is that a newly created villain? These costumes look sleak, that would be fantastic as the MCU F4 costumes!

Is that a newly created villain? These costumes look sleak, that would be fantastic as the MCU F4 costumes!

I believe it may be. The FF have been in dire need of new villains, especially female ones.
The costumes look modern without being over-designed. I can definitely see them working in the MCU.

Well that sounds intriguing if they are introducing a new character. The X-Men comics should do the same thing instead of recycling villains.

That Eradikus reminds me of Madame Web

I really hope they do use those costumes for the MCU Fantastic Four. A perfect modern version of the 60s versions.

An updated solicit for Fantastic Four #1

FANTASTIC FOUR #1
(W) Dan Slott (A) Skottie Young, Simone Bianchi, Sara Pichelli (CA) Esad Ribic
FOUREVER Part One
BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT – THE WORLD’S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE IS BACK!
Since the end of SECRET WARS, there’s been a gap in the Marvel Universe. A void no other team can fill. And it’s time for the world to move on. But can it? A life-changing decision by the Thing! A momentous declaration by the Human Torch! A clarion call-to-arms that summons Doctor Doom! And a signal in the sky that heralds the return of hope to the Marvel Universe! All this, and Alicia Masters adopts kittens! So cute! Plus, the Impossible Man!
AND BONUS STORIES ILLUSTRATED BY SIMONE BIANCHI AND SKOTTIE YOUNG!
IF YOU READ ONLY ONE MARVEL COMIC THIS MONTH, THIS IS THE ONE!
Rated T In Shops: Aug 08, 2018
SRP: $5.99

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/08/skottie-young-simone-bianchi-sara-pichelli-fantastic-four-1/

Looks like there are going to be bonus stories in the issue.

Here's the cover and solicit for issue 2:
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/06/11/fantastic-four-2-cover-esad-ribic/

ff2018002-cov-1115274.jpeg

FANTASTIC FOUR #2

DAN SLOTT (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A)

Cover by ESAD RIBIC

WISH YOU WERE HERE!

What have Reed, Sue and the kids been up to all this time? What adventures have they been on? What strange new friends have they found along the way? What deadly new enemies have they made? And what are Franklin and Valeria’s new codenames? All these questions will be answered... just in time for ENTIRE UNIVERSES TO DIE!

The return of Marvel’s First Family keeps getting more and more intense! Don’t you dare miss a single moment of the World’s Greatest Comic Magazine

I like the logo.

Yeah the logo's really nice and the villain looks interesting.

I'm not a fan of Ribic's covers though, he draws a great Reed but seems to struggle with everyone else lol.
I hope they use another artist from issue 3 onward.

I was pretty surprised to see that it wasn't Chip Zdarsky that got the writing duties on this one. Thought he'd be the obvious choice what with him doing Two in One.

Anyhow, excitement and hype is the phrase to use here. Very happy to see the FF back in action. The last few series were utterly awful. The Faction one and the one with the red uniforms? Utterly dire.

I'll admit, I've not read much of Slott's work, but hopefully it'll take off and be really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"