Runaways Rewind | Runaways' second episode

I thought this episode did some interesting things to humanize the Pride - particularly the Wilders. I'm also liking the Church of the Gibborim thing more. The big thing I missed in the first episode that I'm seeing here is the Scientology parallels. It's also a little clearer what the deal with Amy is.

I also really enjoy Gert's parents. Is that weird?

I like how the Church of Gibborim provides a basis for these parents to relate despite appearing to have little in common.

They're all presumably in different occupations that complement the church somehow as influential shakers in society. The parent's perspective twist was a nice touch and really enhanced episode 1 making the pilot more interesting.

While I agree, I also don't entirely agree. It feels to me that the church is about serving the Pride rather than everyone serving the church.

Perhaps. Judging from what I've seen so far, very little has been revealed about the Pride. Leslie Dean seems to have a lot going on. Once we know more about her father, I suppose we'll have an answer to that.

Just watched this episode. This seems to be going very slowly, almost like a Netflix series. I wasn't keen on the sudden rewind to earlier in the day either as that interrupted the flow of the episode.

It doesn't look like they're going to be running away that quickly, at least until the next episode.

I think one potential flaw so far is that the Pride are much more interesting than the kids. Give me internal politics in an evil organization over teenage drama anyway day.

^That puts a great button on what frustrates me about this series. In the comics, you had some teenage drama but it was unique, the love triangle was Alex and Karolina crushing on an oblivious Nico. Molly was a legit child that they had to take care of, essentially, not one that could march off on her own and hatch her own plots. Gert and Chase had, like interesting conflict, and not her just making googly eyes while he pined for someone else. Taking these interesting still fresh dynamics and turning them into generic teen drama cliches really grinds my gears.

Molly doesn't feel like Molly but a different character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"