Rian Johnson Invites You To The Benoit Blanc Mystery Thread

The cast is indeed impressive. It's also too star studded for this one to be an indie fare. I imagine the major studios and the likes Lionsgate/STX/A24 will line up to bid for this one.

Last edited:
Captain America, James Bond and Sonny Crockett all in one movie!

Hope this feels like Brick. I love that, and sounds like it could share some characteristics.

Toni Collette Joins Rian Johnson’s ‘Knives Out’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Toni Collette is set to join the cast of Rian Johnson’s murder mystery “Knives Out”. The movie stars Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Ana de Armas. Johnson will write and direct, as well as produce with Ram Bergman. Production is set to begin in November.

Last edited:
I'm digging the cast a lot. It almost feels like a Coen Brothers or a Tarantino movie with the amount of big stars they got here.

It will be interesting to see how those angry Star Wars fanboys will feel when this comes out.

The cast for this is pretty amazing. Despite all the negativity surrounding TLJ, I still believe Rian Johnson is a pretty damn talented filmmaker. I still love Brick and Looper was a very solid scifi, crime, action flick.

He's not a bad director or writer at all. When they choose to subvert sacred cows in fanboy culture is when they **** up.

The cast for this is pretty amazing. Despite all the negativity surrounding TLJ, I still believe Rian Johnson is a pretty damn talented filmmaker. I still love Brick and Looper was a very solid scifi, crime, action flick.

Not to mention that he directed a couple of the very best episodes of Breaking Bad, which also means a couple of the best television episodes EVER.

I think there's about an hour of truly great stuff in The Last Jedi. It's just a shame about the other 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"