World Rian Johnson's trilogy

AlluAllu

Sidekick
Reaction score
Announcement:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

StarWars.com said:
For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

I'm pretty sure that this forum already has a thread for this somewhere, but I didn't find it in this "New Trilogy" subsection. I think this would be a logical place. :)

I personally hope that the war is not about the control of the galaxy this time. Even the current trilogy is pushing it with the "Empire vs Rebels, round 2". Maybe the war could be between two closely located planets, based on something personal.

Despite my many problems with TLJ, I do think Johnson is a good fit for this new trilogy, he won’t have established characters to mess and so can make up their stories as the movies go along.

Do we know yet if this is going to be a peripheral or in-between story to the other trilogies, or will it be set after Episode 9?

Why on god's green earth are they giving him his own trilogy?

After the fan backlash from TLJ, maybe they'll rethink this. And if Solo fails, maybe they'll rethink taking a monumental risk like putting Darth Rian in charge of an entire trilogy.

I'm not hyped for this one at all.

While i'm interested in seeing what he's going to do here, i always found it too much to give him a trilogy like that. Particularly a trilogy for some unexplored concept, instead of the Trilogy about Old Republic Jedi fans have been asking for years. I hope they don't cancel this altogether, but they should probably just cut it to be a one-shot story and see how well it does.

After the fan backlash from TLJ, maybe they'll rethink this. And if Solo fails, maybe they'll rethink taking a monumental risk like putting Darth Rian in charge of an entire trilogy.

We've already seen how finicky Lucasfilm can be.

Ahem.

“It’s not just any filmmaker who can tell the story of such a beloved icon like Han Solo, and I’m excited to say we’ve found the perfect team to handle the task. Larry and Jon know all there is to know about the character, and Chris and Phil will bring their wit, style, energy and heart to tell Han’s story.”

If he plans on going away from the Jedi/Sith (my favorite parts of the star wars universe) then i have 0 interest in this.

I’m quite interested in seeing new parts of the Star Wars universe.

I'm could not be more into this. Mostly because he's great, but also to lap up those TLJ hater tears.

If he goes WAY into the past, say, explain the origin of the first Jedi temple on Acht-To... Man I will be there opening night.

If he goes WAY into the past, say, explain the origin of the first Jedi temple on Acht-To... Man I will be there opening night.

Same here. I feel like the past should be explored. Show us how the Jedi and Sith came to be.

I think (hope) he's going to get away from Jedi and Sith and go into another part of the current galaxy. Something new and different styles of stories.

I think (hope) he's going to get away from Jedi and Sith and go into another part of the current galaxy. Something new and different styles of stories.

Honestly i think you are right, he basically admitted it in TLJ. I just always was drawn to the SIth/Jedi, so as a fan of that im hoping he doesnt completely abandon that.

Honestly i think you are right, he basically admitted it in TLJ. I just always was drawn to the SIth/Jedi, so as a fan of that im hoping he doesnt completely abandon that.

I just think he wants to explore something else in the SW universe that isn't the same stuff that has already been covered. You figure the Jedi and Sith will always be a part of SW, but now might be a good time to explore and expand the SW universe a bit more.

I hope it doesn't happen. But regardless I'm not seeing it either way. I've seen enough Rian Johnson movies.

I'd go as far as saying I hope they don't make ANY Star Wars movies that aren't directed by Rian Johnson anymore.

And yes, that does mean more reshoots for Solo. :o

I've seen some speculation that his trilogy will be about the boy at the end of TLJ.

Personally I'm hoping the trilogy is set in the Unknown Regions and involves the Chiss Empire.

Same here. I feel like the past should be explored. Show us how the Jedi and Sith came to be.

Enough of the past. You're getting plenty of the past with the Solo and Kenobi movies. With the Johnson Trilogy, we need to go into uncharted territory.

Enough of the past. You're getting plenty of the past with the Solo and Kenobi movies. With the Johnson Trilogy, we need to go into uncharted territory.

That kind of past movie would be uncharted territory. Old republic setting where Jedi and Sith rise to prominence. I ge what you are saying, but if he decides to get rid of a Jedi or Sith all together, then me personally, i wouldnt be as invested for that movie.

Solo and Kenobi aren't realy about the past, they're about situations that lead into the Original Trilogy. What fans want from Old Republic is something that hasn't been explored in the new canon at all. We have no ideas how the Jedi and Sith came to be, how the conflict evolved, how the Sith once ruled the galaxy, etc.

That is uncharted territory. More so than just variations of the Rebels vs Empire plotline.

Solo and Kenobi aren't realy about the past, they're about situations that lead into the Original Trilogy. What fans want from Old Republic is something that hasn't been explored in the new canon at all. We have no ideas how the Jedi and Sith came to be, how the conflict evolved, how the Sith once ruled the galaxy, etc.

That is uncharted territory. More so than just variations of the Rebels vs Empire plotline.

How is that not about the past Lord? :)

How is that not about the past Lord? :)

They're set in the "current Star Wars timeline". During the time of the Skywalkers and the Episodic instalments. They're stories whose endings we pretty much know already.

There's 25 thousand generations worth of stories they could still explore. The formation of the Jedi, the Sith and their early conflicts. Hell, they could even come up with interesting new factions in the past. There simply is a lot of mythology that could be explored outside the "World War II" based conflicts.

I'm not saying they should reboot Knights of the Old Republic or The Old Republic, but they can do what they've already done with post-episode VI Legends material and take whatever concepts they think are worth keeping while still doing completely different and new stories.

I thought this trilogy wasn't going to be related to anything previously from SW?

As in its set in a totally different part of the galaxy that won't even have Jedi and such in it?

Well the unknown regions would certainly be that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"