The Walking Dead Rick "Motherf***in" Grimes Thread

Sawyer has become 100% more Rick Grimes-influenced. :o:up:

We need to Rick to morph into a Power Rangers with huge ****ing explosions behind him & fighting an army of walkers. With more huge ****ing explosions around him

Might as well end the show there b/c that would cost a whole season's budget just to pull that off I'd imagine. The only way they'd be able to save money is to have Rick isolated somewhere by himself (kind of like the way Morgan was last episode) for the whole 16 episodes hallucinating and going insane.

I mean, you can argue this as many times as you want but dude is in a debilitated mental state. Probably hasn't eaten or slept well in forever. Plus, he was a small town cop. He said so as much in this latest episode. I mean, not every cop receives John McClane NYPD level training. Cops get overpowered by criminals on a daily basis. I know this is a tv show and you expect them to be bad asses and whatnot but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

We saw the group understand the need for proficiency with firearms. There were multi-person training sessions on the farm. But even after several people have been overpowered by 1-2 walkers, not to mention increasing skirmishes with other groups of people, they still don't see the need for unarmed combat training?

So, not only does Rick not display basic police training, he hasn't realized, in all the months since the apocalypse, that hand-to-hand training is essential in a lawless world? That's a major plot hole.

I guess so. In a grim world of surprise attacks, sudden death, and limited supplies, why would someone worry about defending themselves?

It's a nitpick. Everyone apparently is a Navy Seal level accurate shot. And you're nitpicking because two crazy people fought and one of them didn't do that well. Seriously, stop finding things to ***** about. If you need something to complain about, there's always Andrea.

It's a nitpick. Everyone apparently is a Navy Seal level accurate shot. And you're nitpicking because two crazy people fought and one of them didn't do that well. Seriously, stop finding things to ***** about. If you need something to complain about, there's always Andrea.

She now goes by a new title: "The Governor's Bang-Maid"

I'd also point out that there's been several instances where Rick showcases decent hand to hand skills. I mean, he did pretty much kill a whole prison filled with walkers when he was in super crazy mode after Lori's death. Also, in season one when he had to restrain Daryl when he was informed that Merle was left behind in Atlanta.

Yeah, I think the only reason he struggled so much with Morgan is because he didn't want to hurt him.

Yeah, I think the only reason he struggled so much with Morgan is because he didn't want to hurt him.

Plus he's crazy, malnourished, probably hasn't slept in a while, carrying several injuries and crazy.

One of those "crazy people" is a former lawgiver, current leader, and parent. It's perfectly logical that a character like that would be a skilled fighter.

Even more reasoning that Rick's police training should have come into play. Any cop is taught body positioning and controlling holds to minimize damage to him/herself and the person he or she is trying to arrest.

Plus he's crazy, malnourished, probably hasn't slept in a while, carrying several injuries and crazy.

Here is a nitpick: Glenn takes off his shirt a few weeks ago and is considerably more buff than he looked in season. Given the factors you mentioned, which apply to the entire group, it would be impossible for someone to put on muscle.

Here is a nitpick: Glenn takes off his shirt a few weeks ago and is considerably more buff than he looked in season. Given the factors you mentioned, which apply to the entire group, it would be impossible for someone to put on muscle.

Thats because this is a tv show and the actor probably worked out. I mean, you're stretching now.

One of those "crazy people" is a former lawgiver, current leader, and parent. It's perfectly logical that a character like that would be a skilled fighter.

I don't know what being a parent has to do with hand to hand combat but sure why not. And again, he was a cop in a small town, how much hand to hand combat do you think he got into honestly? Also, once again, it's a tv show. What sense of drama is there if Rick puts everyone in a sleeper hold every time?

Last edited:
Thats because this is a tv show and the actor probably worked out. I mean, you're stretching now.

Well, that was my point.

I don't know what being a parent has to do with hand to hand combat but sure why now. And again, he was a cop in a small town, how much hand to hand combat do you think he got into honestly? Also, once again, it's a tv show. What sense of drama is there if Rick puts everyone in a sleeper hold every time?

Every cop has some basic, unarmed training. I grew up in a small town and they had a martial arts instuctor and training videos on weaponless hand-to-hand. I've had access to those tapes/DVDs. One of the first things a cop is taught is that he/she often doesn't have time to go for his/her gun or nightstick in an attack.

Now I live in a small city and the cops regularly advertise self-defense and crisis preparation courses for area residents. As much as I love Rick's character, he's often clueless in situations where it's illogical for him to be so.

I'm just going to repeat that this is a tv show about a zombie apocalypse based on a comic book about the zombie apocalypse over and over again until you drop this ridiculous argument. This isn't real man, people are not going to act or do things realistically. I mean again, look at Andrea.

EDIT: Also, remember police officers have to adhere to regulations and laws. They just can't pull their gun on everyone. This is a land without laws or morals. Sure, he tried the hand to hand thing with Morgan but it's easier and quicker to draw the gun.

Last edited:
I'm just going to repeat that this is a tv show about a zombie apocalypse based on a comic book about the zombie apocalypse over and over again until you drop this ridiculous argument. .

This is a message board where we always discuss details of books, TV, and movies. Rick handles himself more like a cop in the comics, so it's reasonable to expect the same from the show.

We can talk again after next week's episode of "Officer Friendly gets the snot beat out of him again"- in high def!

This is a message board where we always discuss details of books, TV, and movies. Rick handles himself more like a cop in the comics, so it's reasonable to expect the same from the show.

We can talk again after next week's episode of "Officer Friendly gets the snot beat out of him again"- in high def!

Not really. But please continue with your nitpick. We all have pet peeves.

AXIOSsP.jpg

Obviously, it's A.

Rick doesn't do Things. He does Thaaaangs.

I mean, you can argue this as many times as you want but dude is in a debilitated mental state. Probably hasn't eaten or slept well in forever. Plus, he was a small town cop. He said so as much in this latest episode. I mean, not every cop receives John McClane NYPD level training. Cops get overpowered by criminals on a daily basis. I know this is a tv show and you expect them to be bad asses and whatnot but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Shane like never lost a fight, he beat all ash. Except when he fought Rick and lost. That was the totem pole moment for Rick's hand to hand, man to man skills.

Also, in season one when he had to restrain Daryl when he was informed that Merle was left behind in Atlanta.

Wasn't that Shane putting him in a rear naked choke while Rick talked him down?

Without having the Rick/Morgan fight scene right in front of me, I'd also say Morgan got the slip on Rick. It was the element of surprise and he had a weapon. The guy was also Rick's friend. No way Rick was expecting an attack from his friend that was zip-tied to a bed.

Shane like never lost a fight, he beat all ash. Except when he fought Rick and lost. That was the totem pole moment for Rick's hand to hand, man to man skills.

Wasn't that Shane putting him in a rear naked choke while Rick talked him down?

Without having the Rick/Morgan fight scene right in front of me, I'd also say Morgan got the slip on Rick. It was the element of surprise and he had a weapon. The guy was also Rick's friend. No way Rick was expecting an attack from his friend that was zip-tied to a bed.

It could be, I'd have to watch it again.

*3 days later after finishing watching every episode on netflix.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"