Ridin’ with Biden

I get Whitmer and Newsom, but Shapiro and Fetterman just got elected…maybe let them finish at least 1 term first before President talk.
Would Gretchen Whitmer have a wide appeal? She's already has a "ding" on ID politics due to being a woman which as we've seen in past Dem primaries is not cool with a certain group of Dem voters.

Whitmer is not an incumbent president or a man so that's points shaved from whatever Biden's total would be in 2024.

non-incumbent = popular vote/electoral college points lost
non-white = popular vote/electoral college points lost (mitigated when main opponent is also non-white)
non-male = popular vote/electoral college points lost (mitigated when main opponent is also non-male)

There's a chunk of voters out there that will always choose the straight white male politician until the day they die.

The presidency was an open seat (no incumbent) in 2016 and that's part of the reason why Clinton lost points from 2012 Obama (from 51% to 48%) in addition to not being male like Trump.

Would Gretchen Whitmer have a wide appeal? She's already has a "ding" on ID politics due to being a woman which as we've seen in past Dem primaries is not cool with a certain group of Dem voters.

I don’t know. I’m just not ready to share Shapiro and Fetterman with the rest of country right now.

So what are people's feelings towards Biden going up against DeSantis who is a pragmatic fascist who will run on being against woke-ism?

Biden has a proven track experience (and successfully beaten back the so-called red wave). He’s a lot more popular than so called polls said he was.

DeSantis doesn’t have what it takes to take on an incumbent like Biden. His carefully cultivated press conferences (only allowing friendly media to cover them), disastrous handling of Covid and personal bullying won’t play well in blue and purple states. Crist cleaned his clock in the debate and Biden will do the same.

Anyone thinking Biden isn’t going to run in 2024 is kidding themselves, death or incapacitation not withstanding. If the House doesn’t flip and he can codify Roe and child tax credits, he has a strong position going into 2024. But no one should think 2024 will be a cakewalk for him.

Before anyone starts talking 2024, we have to focus on getting bills passed. Because if Katie Hobbs' lead holds in Arizona, we may finally have our solution:

Biden gives Sinema a cushy but inconsequential federal appointment. She's a soulless ghoul, so she'll take the money. Hobbs then appoints someone in her place that won't actively sabotage the party (Ruben Gallego being the best candidate) and w/Fetterman negating Manchin, we can bust the filibuster and start getting stuff done.

Before anyone starts talking 2024, we have to focus on getting bills passed. Because if Katie Hobbs' lead holds in Arizona, we may finally have our solution:

Biden gives Sinema a cushy but inconsequential federal appointment. She's a soulless ghoul, so she'll take the money. Hobbs then appoints someone in her place that won't actively sabotage the party (Ruben Gallego being the best candidate) and w/Fetterman negating Manchin, we can bust the filibuster and start getting stuff done.
That's an interesting scenario and I wish it would happen, but I don't see it. In any case, unless the Dems hold the house, it probably won't matter much.

That's an interesting scenario and I wish it would happen, but I don't see it. In any case, unless the Dems hold the house, it probably won't matter much.
Well, sure, I don't either, because Biden's done nothing to convince me he has the conviction to actually pass anything, much less the will or spine to play the political hardball necessary to make it happen. But if we had party leaders who actually gave a **** that would be the obvious route.

Just passing the bills the House already cleared would put a huge dent in the pile of unfulfilled promises.

Well, sure, I don't either, because Biden's done nothing to convince me he has the conviction to actually pass anything, much less the will or spine to play the political hardball necessary to make it happen. But if we had party leaders who actually gave a **** that would be the obvious route.

Just passing the bills the House already cleared would put a huge dent in the pile of unfulfilled promises.
I don't think Sinema would go for it. She's got bigger fish to fry once she's out of office. Corporate America can offer her much more than any government job.

Well, SLF looks to be DOA

U.S. court extends block on Biden's student loan forgiveness plan — Reuters

The next best thing that Biden can do right now is to extend the pause. I think he will do that especially since the national emergency was just extended this past Friday to next spring. Hopefully Biden will announce an extension soon, so people aren’t worrying over the holidays about how to make payments starting January.

Last edited:

I mean, the Inflation Reduction Act rug pull was perhaps one of the greatest political maneuvers of the generation. After BBB seemingly died, but to have secretly still been working on it in order to get some other bipartisan stuff passed, was brilliant.

If the Dems want to further push their popularity they'll fight for this tooth and nail.

I can see it being a priority as well as getting rid of the debt ceiling hostage.

I mean, the Inflation Reduction Act rug pull was perhaps one of the greatest political maneuvers of the generation. After BBB seemingly died, but to have secretly still been working on it in order to get some other bipartisan stuff passed, was brilliant.

I can see it being a priority as well as getting rid of the debt ceiling hostage.
Marijuana rescheduling is another popular executive action Biden can do and I hope seeing how such policy motivates voters that he'll follow through before 2024 election cycle.

Not passing a larger infrastructure bill and so forth was clearly not a Biden thing. Anybody with one Eye can see it was a problem in the Senate. Plain and simple.

I hear Republicans say Trump was the best President ever and yet I can't think of a single achievement that overshadows all of the horror......

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"