Ridin’ with Biden

I was so confused that I turned into a 15 year old girl from the 00's for a moment there!
Well, like, y'know, whatever....because fer sure I'm all like, y'know....that, like, happens to me, like, totally all the time.

WRT Becerra's confirmation process, where were these republicans who were worried about lack of qualifications for Trump nominees?

WRT the rightward swing of the repub party, this creates both opportunities and dangers. As it moves further to the right, people will peel off (or maybe by now, most of the peeling has been done). I weakens the party comparatively and provides opportunities for the dems to pass legislation that will serve them well long term. The danger is that their ideas are so toxic and authoritarian, that they could create even more serious problems than they have already (the mind boggles). If the dems use this opportunity to pass widely popular legislation; infrastructure, stimulus, medicare expansion, living wage, etc., I think we can survive this mess. If not, we could be in deeper trouble than we already are.

I may be biased towards unions, but I think a resurgence of unions is the best bulwark, and offense, against against this tide of authoritarianism.

Wolf: If I’d known Biden was open to ‘lockdowns’ as he now states, which is something historically unprecedented in any pandemic, and a terrifying practice, one that won’t ever end because elites love it, I would never have voted for him.

Feminist Author and Former Bill Clinton Adviser Naomi Wolf Warns of "Totalitarianism" Because of Pandemic Emergency Rules | IWF
Meanwhile, other countries get to have packed live music events. Because they did the right thing several seasons ago.

Lolz what? I posted an article without comment. What could you possibly learn from that?
Yeah...

Anti-Covid protocol lockdown nonsense painting the current WH Admin. as authoritarian/fascist which "without comment" you posted because...?

Yeah...

It's cute that there are still cons trying to play this game.

Yeah...

Anti-Covid protocol lockdown nonsense painting the current WH Admin. as authoritarian/fascist which "without comment" you posted because...?

Yeah...

It's cute that there are still cons trying to play this game.
I just figured any and all viewpoints re: Biden were valuable and should be considered, especially one coming from a former Clinton adviser.

I just figured any and all viewpoints re: Biden were valuable and should be considered, especially one coming from a former Clinton adviser.
Dude... Please.

We have had people pissing in our ears and calling it rain for a long time now online.

Ever see Smilla's Sense Of Snow?

Yeah...

I got that for Con ear piss.

WRT the rightward swing of the repub party, this creates both opportunities and dangers. As it moves further to the right, people will peel off (or maybe by now, most of the peeling has been done). I weakens the party comparatively and provides opportunities for the dems to pass legislation that will serve them well long term. The danger is that their ideas are so toxic and authoritarian, that they could create even more serious problems than they have already (the mind boggles). If the dems use this opportunity to pass widely popular legislation; infrastructure, stimulus, medicare expansion, living wage, etc., I think we can survive this mess. If not, we could be in deeper trouble than we already are.

I may be biased towards unions, but I think a resurgence of unions is the best bulwark, and offense, against against this tide of authoritarianism.

Well, except law enforcement unions...

Dude... Please.

We have had people pissing in our ears and calling it rain for a long time now online.

Ever see Smilla's Sense Of Snow?

Yeah...

I got that for Con ear piss.
Guess its a foregone conclusion that you never bothered reading the article.

Well, except law enforcement unions...
Which is why I was against my union affiliating with the police union (COPS). They ended up doing it anyway later on. That’s another story.

Wolf: If I’d known Biden was open to ‘lockdowns’ as he now states, which is something historically unprecedented in any pandemic, and a terrifying practice, one that won’t ever end because elites love it, I would never have voted for him.

Feminist Author and Former Bill Clinton Adviser Naomi Wolf Warns of "Totalitarianism" Because of Pandemic Emergency Rules | IWF

Not sure what she’s talking about. Biden had a 60 Minutes interview where he stated he was open to it if that’s what his scientists said that’s what needs to happen. He always said he would follow the science. He did get some flack for it, but it’s always been out there.

Not sure what she’s talking about. Biden had a 60 Minutes interview where he stated he was open to it if that’s what his scientists said that’s what needs to happen. He always said he would follow the science. He did get some flack for it, but it’s always been out there.
Yeah I agree. He was pretty adamant about it.

Let's not get too snarky with each other now, okay?

Guess its a foregone conclusion that you never bothered reading the article.

I read it.
I suppose my observation would be that in the U.S. we drive on the right side of the road. Everyone does it, it's the law. Now, I suppose an argument could be made for that law/rule infringing on my freedom to drive in whichever lane I wanted to, but it would be a bad argument.

A lock-down for public health reasons is no different from my perspective than the laws that "force" me to curtail my personal liberties and drive only on the right side of the road.

My 0.02$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"