Ridin’ with Biden

I wonder if by 2024 he will realize the GOP can not be trusted?

I wonder if by 2024 he will realize the GOP can not be trusted?

By 2024 that man should be retired already and stay away from politics along with that stock trading addict Pelosi. It is disgusting to see them holding on to their power and privileges at such an old age and refusing to step down and pave the way for other younger politicians to come in. These career politicians have nothing to offer to the people or to minorities. They only care about themselves and what they can gain from politics.

Last edited:
Stock trading has been legal not only in the federal government but in the state governments. Judges/justices and governors do it as well in the states. There are various rules and regulations governing their trades including disclosure but it is legal.

The whole idea of ending that just for federal legislators is a new idea.

No one should be too mad at them for doing what every other American has the right to do since the beginning. They were/are always allowed to be in an advantageous position while doing so.

Stock trading has been legal not only in the federal government but in the state governments. Judges/justices and governors do it as well in the states. There are various rules and regulations governing their trades including disclosure but it is legal.

No one should be too mad at them for doing what every other American has the right to do since the beginning. They were/are always allowed to be in an advantageous position while doing so.
Id end it for all of them. Its too compromising in a capitalist society like ours.

Magnar, did you just defend insider trading and stock market manipulation? :confused:

Politicians making millions off the stock market their actions heavily influence the prices of is one of those comically, blatantly grotesque things that I cannot understand defending.

Magnar, did you just defend insider trading and stock market manipulation? :confused:
What, you have a problem with rich people using their position to get richer?

Americans were allowed to hold slaves at the beginning. Something being old and permitted doesn't make it a good thing.

Please...

eye-check-up.jpg

MagnarTheGreat said:
There are various rules and regulations governing their trades including disclosure but it is legal.

https://www.congress.gov/112/plaws/publ105/PLAW-112publ105.htm

Every stock trade isn't a violation of any laws on the books.

And if you want to be mad at anybody, be mad at the Department of Justice for not enforcing the laws and regulations on insider trading very strictly.

Passing any new laws like banning stock trades entirely will not matter either if they are not enforced just like the already existing laws. And the rightwing Supreme Court at any time can throw these laws out as well if a politicians sues. So it's not exactly easy road ahead here at all.

Last edited:
My daughter is vaxxed and boosted, but has a compromised immune system because she had a transplant and worries all the time that she runs a higher risk of getting COVID from non-vaxxed people than those who are vaccininated and have a lower viral load; thereby exhibiting fewer symptoms like coughing and sneezing which also helps spread the virus. I'm glad you find that funny. I won't say what I find you, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure it out.

WRT nurses, they work around immunocompromised people all the time, but should be allowed to increase the risk of death for their patients? People go to the hospital because they want to maximize their chance at living.

Had a really good response typed up...I'm just going to leave it with this: I'm vaxxed. My whole family is vaxxed. We did it by choice. We've lost family AND friends to this virus. Most of them also vaxxed. I could lose others. I'm not willing to sacrifice my freedom of the freedom of others over something that doesn't work very well. Watching a bunch of unmasked celebutards at the Superbowl proved the hypocrisy of one side of this argument fairly conslusively.
"Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."
Enjoy your 7.5% inflation, $4 per gallon gasoline, and empty store shelves.
Peace out.

Last edited:
Had a really good response typed up...I'm just going to leave it with this: I'm vaxxed. My whole family is vaxxed. We did it by choice. We've lost family AND friends to this virus. Most of them also vaxxed. I could lose others. I'm not willing to sacrifice my freedom of the freedom of others over something that doesn't work very well. Watching a bunch of unmasked celebutards at the Superbowl proved the hypocrisy of one side of this argument fairly conslusively.
Peace out.
Your description of who died from the virus doesn’t comport with scientific or statistical evidence. I can only hope you are one in 1 million as that would be best for everyone.

Peace out.

Fun fact... Ben Franklin, whom you quoted, never forgave himself for not vaxing his son against smallpox which caused his death. Afterwards he wrote papers on inoculation and formed the Inoculating the Poor Gratis society.

Somehow I think he would look at 1 million dead Americans and the antivaxxers and all the freedum Americans with disgust.

Fun fact... Ben Franklin, whom you quoted, never forgave himself for not vaxing his son against smallpox which caused his death. Afterwards he wrote papers on inoculation and formed the Inoculating the Poor Gratis society.

Somehow I think he would look at 1 million dead Americans and the antivaxxers and all the freedum Americans with disgust.
Oh please. That smallpox vaccination didn’t work very well. As a matter of fact, most of the people who got the vaccination were more likely to die than those that didn’t get vaccinated. Haven’t you’ve been reading the posts from the authorities on this thread lately?

Your description of who died from the virus doesn’t comport with scientific or statistical evidence. I can only hope you are one in 1 million as that would be best for everyone.

So I take it that the celebrities that were preaching us all along about the masks and the vaxxes don't believe in science or statistics otherwise they wouldn't be in large crowds without wearing any masks. So either they're stupid or hypocrites for endangering their lives and others by not wearing masks. See, this is what gets me. You are ready to criticize and smear the average guy that expresses his opinion and doesn't wish to get vaxxed or wear a mask 24/7, but when elitists famous people and politicians are caught not wearing a mask in multiple occasions (Newsom, Abrams, Pelosi, Psaki, actors, media personalities etc.), suddenly there is silence. Nobody cares. I just don't get it.

The vaccinated don't have to wear masks outside*. And sometimes somebody takes a mask off to eat at a restaurant or to take a photograph on a phone or camera (or to unlock their phone because face detection doesn't work well with masks). That's not the same or equivalent as the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers and their movement.

I believe there to some confusion by those in California which does not have an outdoor mask mandate but Los Angeles (the host of the 2022 Super Bowl) still does.

The attendees at the Super Bowl were required to provide proof of vaccination status or negative COVID19 test in order to attend the outdoor event which is why they said the mask ordinance was not strictly enforced in this instance and eating/drinking exempts you from the mandate.

Personally I'd drop the outdoor requirements for masks where they still exist. Indoors and indoor crowding are the primary drivers of transmission.

* depending upon local or state regulations which are all different and always changing depending upon the case count activity is rising or falling

Last edited:
If you are worried about getting a disease you're vaccinated against by someone who isn't vaccinated against the disease you are vaccinated against, I think that's a little funny.

Also, forcing someone to find a new job based on their decision to not take a vaccine is forced vaccination. Plain and simple. It should not be forced. If you can fire nurses in a pandemic, then that says all you need to know. Well, to those with eyes, anyways.

EDIT: And I say this as someone who had the first two jabs. By choice. No force required. However, I respect a person's right to choose whether or not they get a vaccine that seems to have become increasingly ineffective as the virus has progressed.
No, you know what is funny? My sister who works at a hospital, almost dying on a ventilator. My elderly father who survived stage 4 cancer, being worried about heading to the store. My mother who needs live in assistance, not being able to leave her home for fear of idiots. Oh, wait is it not funny?

We are all vaccinated. Boosted. But that doesn't change the issue of the creation of variants and how the those who aren't vaccinated, aka those most likely to not worry about others health, setup a worse environment for those most at risk.

Please...

eye-check-up.jpg

https://www.congress.gov/112/plaws/publ105/PLAW-112publ105.htm

Every stock trade isn't a violation of any laws on the books.

And if you want to be mad at anybody, be mad at the Department of Justice for not enforcing the laws and regulations on insider trading very strictly.

Passing any new laws like banning stock trades entirely will not matter either if they are not enforced just like the already existing laws. And the rightwing Supreme Court at any time can throw these laws out as well if a politicians sues. So it's not exactly easy road ahead here at all.
I am 100% positive if I pointed out the issue with Biden's DOJ, you'd figure out a way it wasn't his or the Dems fault.

A blanket law that makes it illegal for Congress folk and their spouses from from trading is cut and dry. The kind of thing that is a lot harder to try and get around.

Last edited:
A blanket law that makes it illegal for Congress folk and their spouses from from trading is cut and dry. The kind of think that is a lot harder to try and get around.
Yep, this does not have to be complicated. But Democrats just love things that are superficially complex.

Take a cue from FDR and just make it simple.

It's amazing to me that people could defend this leveraging of a system as being ok. It's 1) so clearly NOT ok and 2) objectively a terrible look to voters. By and large, no one likes this elitist crap from our politicians.

So I take it that the celebrities that were preaching us all along about the masks and the vaxxes don't believe in science or statistics otherwise they wouldn't be in large crowds without wearing any masks. So either they're stupid or hypocrites for endangering their lives and others by not wearing masks. See, this is what gets me. You are ready to criticize and smear the average guy that expresses his opinion and doesn't wish to get vaxxed or wear a mask 24/7, but when elitists famous people and politicians are caught not wearing a mask in multiple occasions (Newsom, Abrams, Pelosi, Psaki, actors, media personalities etc.), suddenly there is silence. Nobody cares. I just don't get it.
I’m not your strawman bro. If someone screws up, I am on them. I don’t care who they are. Including you and, well, others.

So...something I said doesn't fit the narrative you've been fed? Gosh golly! You think there may be things you aren't being told? I've been to a few funerals that say it's true...but you say it isn't. Man, I must have totally hallucinated those.
Also, wishing death on someone...another fine example of "The tolerant left". In the old days here, you would totally get banned for saying something like that. Saying it here in the confines of the left-leaning political forum though, it's not only accepted, but probably encouraged. Good to see your skin is so thin as to wish death on someone of a dissenting opinion than yours. You may have a future in politics, if you ever venture into the big scary world again, that is.

"Do as I say, not as I do" has been their anthem throughout this entire thing. Pelosi takes her mask off at a hairdresser, gets exposed, and the hairdresser gets run out of business. Governor of Cali has a birthday bash wish his friends unmasked, it's cool. Senator or whatever from Georgia has a pic made with school kids...all of them masked, and her unmasked...says she "held her breath". It's all okay. They have our best interests at heart. Just do what you're told...

"Do as I say, not as I do" has been their anthem throughout this entire thing. Pelosi takes her mask off at a hairdresser, gets exposed, and the hairdresser gets run out of business. Governor of Cali has a birthday bash wish his friends unmasked, it's cool. Senator or whatever from Georgia has a pic made with school kids...all of them masked, and her unmasked...says she "held her breath". It's all okay. They have our best interests at heart. Just do what you're told...
Do you think masking is effective at slowing disease transmission?

Newsflash people don’t wear masks 24/7. There’s been times when I’ve been told to lower my mask by security when entering a building over the past couple of years both during the mandate and after. I held in my breath.

Just because you didn’t like certain people before and during the pandemic doesn’t mean you do the opposite of science to not protect yourself, your family or your community. Knee-jerk contrarianism is a flaw of the maladjusted.

NPR - Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"