Ridin’ with Biden

This is as despicable and asinine as those Republicans that say "Its too soon to talk about gun regulations." after a bunch of kids are gunned down in their classrooms.

Did you or the poster above you even watch the full clip? Besides, what the hell can he even do about with Manchin obstructing everything? Like AOC said, Democrats can't do anything about making it a law, with the filibuster nor other major things because Manchin and Sinema are blocking everything.

Did you or the poster above you even watch the full clip? Besides, what the hell can he even do about with Manchin obstructing everything? Like AOC said, Democrats can't do anything about making it a law, with the filibuster nor other major things because Manchin and Sinema are blocking everything.

Just did! To your point: I should’ve watched it before commenting on it. And to mine: I stand by what I said.

I don’t think Biden can wave a magic wand and make Congress work but he can stop pussyfooting around abolishing the filibuster or making strong statements that encapsulate his pro-choice views.

Just did! To your point: I should’ve watched it before commenting on it. And to mine: I stand by what I said.

I don’t think Biden can wave a magic wand and make Congress work but he can stop pussyfooting around abolishing the filibuster or making strong statements that encapsulate his pro-choice views.

What's the point of making a strong statement when Manchin doesn't give a flying ****?

Manchin and Sinema are a problem. But I think that POTUS, with all his resources and power, can find a way to scare them into line. Both have plenty to lose and probably have more than a few skeletons. If Biden hasn't done it by now its because he doesn't want to.

How do you go scorched Earth on them?

Could start by cutting Sinema and Manchin off from Party funding and resources. Blackball them with investors and make them pariahs. That should have happened last year.

Last edited:
Manchin and Sinema are a problem. But I think that POTUS, with all his resources and power, can find a way to scare them into line. Both have plenty to lose and probably have more than a few skeletons. If Biden hasn't done it by now its because he doesn't want to.

How? Other than goin full-on Putin on them, no one has mentioned a single way to get them in line.

What's the point of making a strong statement when Manchin doesn't give a flying ****?

To motivate your base? To show that you’re fighting? To communicate that you understand the moment we’re in and are going to do everything in your power to meet it?

Words have power. Yes, yes, so do actions, but words can have just as much of an impact.

Could start by cutting Sinema and Manchin off from Party funding and resources. Blackball them with investors and make them pariahs. That should have happened last year.

And when they flip parties?

To motivate your base? To show that you’re fighting? To communicate that you understand the moment we’re in and are going to do everything in your power to meet it?

Words have power. Yes, yes, so do actions, but words can have just as much of an impact.

What's the point of theatrics when everyone knows it's no this fault but the Manchin and Simema's?

Maybe it's because we don't do theatrical politics in Finland but I just don't see the point.

How? Other than goin full-on Putin on them, no one has mentioned a single way to get them in line.
At this point cut them loose. Get on board with another Dem as a primary opponent. Manchin is the harder one to replace in WV which at that point look elsewhere in another state. We don't need WV just need to get the seat numbers. I don't expect Dems to keep the majority or regain any time soon as the damage is done and have possibly hurt turn out for midterms. We can hope Roe v. Wade being in danger would help motivate, but the US is known to be more reactionary vote for the other team in these elections.

What's the point of theatrics when everyone knows it's no this fault but the Manchin and Simema's?

Maybe it's because we don't do theatrical politics in Finland but I just don't see the point.

It’s not theatrics. It’s being a leader.

But yeah, it’s easy for me to see how the American way of doing politics can look stupid from an outside perspective.

Oh, and even if people are aware that Manchin and Sinema are specifically the ones to blame here (which I kinda doubt), that doesn’t mean Biden won’t ultimately get punished for it.

But yeah, it’s easy for me to see how the American way of doing politics can look stupid from an outside perspective.

Oh, and even if people are aware that Manchin and Sinema are specifically the ones to blame here (which I kinda doubt), that doesn’t mean Biden won’t ultimately get punished for it.
As we learned for the last 7 years, you can educate people on the facts and their feelings will be the real truth. We still have people deny how bad Jan. 6 actually was.

Who voted for Trump (46% in 2016, 47% in 2020) and Clinton (48%) and Biden (51%).

WAkSJwJ.png

2016 election results: Exit polls

kP1QMGd.png

National Results 2020 President exit polls.

As I said, we've learned that political threatrics don't really mean **** all. There's an old skit from a Finnish tv show from the 80's that highlighted how "being stern" with the Soviets meant nothing:

Turn the subtitles on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"