Ridin’ with Biden: It's Joever

My guess is Hunter will see some Prison time, but since he is a first time offender, I cant imagine they will throw the book at him, maybe probation, but he definently has an appeal, will see, his father has said he will not pardon him, which i feel he pretty much has to let Hunter deal with this espeacially with a convicted felon running against him, kinda have to say sorry Hunter.

Yeah I don't think blasting Cry Me a River during a Pro Palestine protest is good optics.

I'm sorry I linked it to a link containing profanity, it's an honest mistake.

Biden's white house was blasting Justin Timberlake's Cry me a River in order to drown out the noise of Pro-Palestinian protesters, and obviously also to humiliate them, to let them know they're powerless and irrelevant.

I wasn't aware of that ruling, but it certainly looks like grounds for appeal. I wonder if they would find a way to punish him anyway.

I disagree with that ruling and hope it stands.

NY Times - Hunter Biden Is Expected to Appeal Conviction on Gun Charges
Lawyers for Mr. Biden are considering a number of challenges to the guilty verdict, including one based on the Second Amendment.
Mr. Biden’s lawyer Abbe Lowell has also signaled that any appeal would be based on the Supreme Court’s landmark decision in 2022 that vastly expanded gun rights, a ruling that spawned legal challenges to the part of the federal firearms form at the center of the Biden case. In Mr. Biden’s case, it included a question asking buyers about their drug use.

I truly don't understand all of the cope, it's very clear that both Trump and Biden are showing unequivocal signs of dementia.

We went through this with Diane Feinstein a few years ago, people pretended she was completely fine until she died in office, their defense was "ageism ! sexism !" and then when she died we had disingenuous discussions about the need to prevent that from happening again, etc. We can now admit she was a corpse on a stick in an elder abuse situation.

In case anyone was curious about that Biden video...

Yeah. Let's face it. Campaigns twist things to their advantage; although this slides into a slightly different realm. When most people get near or to 80, your memory and cognitive abilities aren't what they once were. I was the sole caregiver for the last 5 years of my mother's life and she would comment on how she would forget certain words she wanted to use (she lived until she was almost 93 though), but was completely capable of making decisions and never got to a point where she was incoherent or rambled about sharks and batteries.

Of course both Biden and Trump aren't as sharp as they once were and that will decline somewhat over the next 4 years, but I don't think Biden has dementia. He could, of course, slide into it in the next 4 years. I think part of what feeds into this idea is that he's a stutterer and that tends to make things appear worse than they are.

Trump, on the other hand, appears to get genuinely confused and go off on tangents that make no sense. He's either got some real problems or, perhaps, it's his lack of discipline and his god complex that tells him he's so great that he doesn't need to prepare because, of course, anything he does is the best thing anyone (with the possible exception of him) has ever done.

My wife is a therapist and cautions that you generally can't make snap judgements on mental acuity by just watching someone on TV. She says it's necessary to be evaluated by a professional, but that people have a tendency to jump to conclusions. She also says "I" go off on tangents sometimes and that doing that is not necessarily an indication of cognitive decay (except in my case LOL).

A story I've told before.....my mom took the Trump mental acuity test when she was about 90. After it was over, her response wasn't to brag about it. What she said was "Jesus Christ, they must think I'm a F****ng idiot." :funny:

The Biden administration is making plans to announce one of the largest immigration relief programs in recent history, developing a policy that would offer legal status to hundreds of thousands of immigrants living in the country without proper documents, four people familiar with the plans told CBS News.

A program being developed by White House officials would offer work permits and deportation protections to unauthorized immigrants married to U.S. citizens, as long as they have lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years, the sources said, requesting anonymity to talk about internal government plans.

The proposal, known as "Parole in Place," would also open up a pathway to permanent legal status and U.S. citizenship for some beneficiaries by removing an obstacle in U.S. law that prevents those who entered the U.S. illegally from obtaining green cards without leaving the country.

Another plan being prepared by the Biden administration would streamline the process for so-called DREAMers and other undocumented immigrants to request waivers that would make it easier for them to obtain temporary visas, such as H-1B visas for high-skilled workers, the sources said.

Fifth Circuit says no, and then Scotus says no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"