Ridin’ with Biden or Kamala... Maybe?

A major challenge for American universities moving forward is the rise of universities in the rest of the world.

Right now, American universities make bank by charging very high international tuition whenever they can, but as more universities from China, India, and Russia catch up to and surpass American universities, they will lose that clientele.

I'm not sure how they'll make up the shortfall.

It's also an educational issue. At many American universities a disproportionate number of the best students (undergraduate and graduate) are from East Asia. What happens when they no longer attend?

I hope that in the coming years, I have the will and the means to teach my children a non-Western language.

Last edited:
Scholz can say that just because most incumbents win reelection. LOL :shrug:

See also:

A catastrophic decline in living standards for the American working class over 45 years. Biden is making things worse with his policy of trade wars and of undermining the dollar's reserve currency status.

That's the federal minimum wage, which hasn't been raised since 2009 and Biden supports raising it. Republicans do not. It currently requires 60 votes (doesn't exist) in the Senate to raise it and a majority of the House (also doesn't exist).

The minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum in many states.

1280px-Minimum_wage_by_state_by_year.webp.png

A job is about more than a paycheck. It’s about dignity. When I was running for president, I said it was past time to increase the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour. Last year, I made a down payment on that pledge with Executive Orders directing my Administration to work toward ensuring that employees working on federal contracts and federal employees earned a $15 per hour minimum wage.

I do think $15 is what the minimum should have been...10 years ago. It should be much higher now in 2024+.

We talk about other countries elections, he can discuss whatever he wants, we do and have.

I would choose my words a lot more carefully, or simply not share them, if I were an elected official or other relevant government figure.

Here's another ridiculous example:

Last edited:
We talk about other countries elections, he can discuss whatever he wants, we do and have.
Well, not sure exactly what you are responding to and am pretty sure you mean Scholz, BUT I agree with you. Russia, China, and others "try" to outright interfere in our elections (to what effect, we can't be sure) by spreading disinformation, release of hacked material at the request of their favored candidate, etc. In a close election, stuff like that "could" turn the tide.

And, the US does their part if they see it in their strategic interest. So, yeah, why not?

All that being said, it probably would be better if people minded their own elections and didn't try to interfere in others, but why play a game one handed if others are playing with two?

That's the federal minimum wage, which hasn't been raised since 2009 and Biden supports raising it. Republicans do not. It currently requires 60 votes (doesn't exist) in the Senate to raise it and a majority of the House (also doesn't exist).

The minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum in many states.

1280px-Minimum_wage_by_state_by_year.webp.png

I do think $15 is what the minimum should have been...10 years ago. It should be much higher now in 2024+.

Thank you, the added context is helpful. Don't forget this:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9a7a6080-2408-4f6a-8e9d-90afb115cef9_451x390.png

Glad she's no longer a democrat, and will probably no longer be in the Senate soon.

If we go by my state as an example, the effective drop in purchasing power is two thirds.

Well, not sure exactly what you are responding to
I'm going to start counting the number of times you bother to announce that you have me on ignore. It's a strange thing to need to say over, and over, and over again, and being completely honest, it's quite belligerent, it's baiting, it's mean-spirited, and it's ultimately unnecessary.

I'd estimate you're at around 30, but I'll start the counter at 1.

[For the record, I have none of this forum's regulars on ignore. I disagree with many, but I think everybody here is sincere, well-intentioned, and trying their best.]

Last edited:

A catastrophic decline in living standards for the American working class over 45 years. Biden is making things worse with his policy of trade wars and of undermining the dollar's reserve currency status.

This is why nobody believes Biden when he says the economy is great. Might be for richer folks but not the little guy getting by. :(

Thank you, the added context is helpful. Don't forget this:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9a7a6080-2408-4f6a-8e9d-90afb115cef9_451x390.png

Glad she's no longer a democrat, and will probably no longer be in the Senate soon.

If we go by my state as an example, the effective drop in purchasing power is two thirds.

I'm going to start counting the number of times you bother to announce that you have me on ignore. It's a strange thing to need to say over, and over, and over again, and being completely honest, it's quite belligerent, it's baiting, it's mean-spirited, and it's ultimately unnecessary.

I'd estimate you're at around 30, but I'll start the counter at 1.

[For the record, I have none of this forum's regulars on ignore. I disagree with many, but I think everybody here is sincere, well-intentioned, and trying their best.]
How about we just let the ignore thing go, m'kay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"