Ridin’ with Biden: Parkin' It, Son

Ok, so you take Biden out of the race with 120 days till the election, who do you replace him with? No one is currently beating Trump in the polls except Michelle Obama and she isnt going to run for president, now, its possible they get someone, and they get a surge in the polls, but from every poll i have seen no democrat is beating Trump right now and is 120 days enough time to get through to everyone?

Ok, so you take Biden out of the race with 120 days till the election, who do you replace him with? No one is currently beating Trump in the polls except Michelle Obama and she isnt going to run for president, now, its possible they get someone, and they get a surge in the polls, but from every poll i have seen no democrat is beating Trump right now and is 120 days enough time to get through to everyone?
This is the part the complainers keep overlooking. Lots of whining but no volunteers.

The answer is pretty straightforward. "No".

LIke I said, in retrospect, he should have stuck with his original intent to be a transitional president. When Trump ran again, it probably, and unfortunately egged him on to seek a second term.

This is the part the complainers keep overlooking. Lots of whining but no volunteers.
Exactly, this is literally the worse possible time for democrats to lose their minds, the very moment they need to unite they decide all of a sudden Biden is to old and had a bad debate, hate to tell ya, so did Trump but no one is talking about him and his decline, so unless they put up someone now and Biden accepts that, then shut up and back your guy or there will not be a do over

Exactly, this is literally the worse possible time for democrats to lose their minds, the very moment they need to unite they decide all of a sudden Biden is to old and had a bad debate, hate to tell ya, so did Trump but no one is talking about him and his decline, so unless they put up someone now and Biden accepts that, then shut up and back your guy or there will not be a do over
Not the biggest Biden fan, but Trump is completely unacceptable.

Not the biggest Biden fan, but Trump is completely unacceptable.
Listen in a perfect world these two wouldnt be running for president, I like Biden just fine, he has done in my opinion a good job, no drama, just head down and getting work done, we dont have to agree with everything he has and hasnt done, but his 4 years have actually been productive, and has done some good things, he isnt the worst president we have ever had, he just does his job, Trump on the other hand, i lived through those 4 years of him as president and to this day i cant remember one good thing he did, yet people talk like he was the greatest president eve, listen, him saying he was the greatest president doesnt make him the greatest, and its pretty obviuos how easily influenced people can be by saying it and not doing it, someone put it pretty well, people who support Trump could care less if he actually does anything to help them, they only care that he hurts those they see as their enemies, we live in an us vs. them society, Trump supporters dont see liberals or democrats as americans or even human, its literally all about "owning the libs" , i am not a liberal, but most of what democrats stand for align with my beliefs, and at no point am i about owning the maga sheep, if anything, i am amazed more conservatives dont support democrats, as to my understanding republicans are supposed to be the party of Jesus, yet its democrates that actually care about taking care of the sick and homeless, seems what Jesus was supposed to be about, not giving corporations tax breaks and making sure some red neck as enough bullits.
Neither side of this is perfect, but i will absolutely back an 81 year old guy who is slowing down over a 77 year old traitor, who wants to destroy everything this country is supposed to stand for.

Best/worst case scenario is Biden is replaced by Harris if/when his age finally catches up to him and he is no longer capable. That assumes Biden wins in November and Civil War 2 doesn't happen.

No, this is the problem with Biden not stepping down. There are probably plenty of people who would step up, but are worried about becoming a pariah in the Party if they stepped up. Look what happened to that one candidate who questioned Biden's fitness in 2020. He is now persona non grata with the DNC and donors.

Also, there is no way to replace Biden by force now. The Party rules are very clear that the convention delegates have to vote for the primary winners. The only way to replace Biden now is if he did the right thing and stepped down.

No, this is the problem with Biden not stepping down. There are probably plenty of people who would step up, but are worried about becoming a pariah in the Party if they stepped up. Look what happened to that one candidate who questioned Biden's fitness in 2020. He is now persona non grata with the DNC and donors.

Also, there is no way to replace Biden by force now. The Party rules are very clear that the convention delegates have to vote for the primary winners. The only way to replace Biden now is if he did the right thing and stepped down.
I'm particularly pragmatic about this. The "right" thing to do, IMO is to do everything possible to avoid having Trump in the WH again. It's not clear to me that Biden stepping aside will keep Trump out. To be fair, it's not clear that it will help him get back in. The fact is that we don't know how anything will shake out. For all we know, Trump having a second term could be a boon to the Democratic Party, but, on the face of it, that looks like a dangerous roll of the dice.

I think we have to accept the reality that unless something very drastic happens, Biden WILL be the nominee whether or not we think it the right thing and the question most likely becomes "Should people coalesce around Biden's bid to beat Trump in November?"

I know I'm repeating myself, but in retrospect, Biden's decision to seek a second term rather than stick to his earlier statement that he would be a transitional president was a mistake. If Biden were to lose in November, people will say "See? He should have stepped aside." and will ignore the fact that him stepping aside wouldn't have guaranteed, or even increased the possibility of, a win.

We can speculate and all have our opinions, but ultimately, we all have to deal with what the actual circumstances are and go on from there.

I'd say chances are if he is pulled, he would have to vacate the WH also and Kamala would become acting President. Otherwise, the whole situation will look even more ****ed than it already it. Dems are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It will be much more difficult to replace Biden in three months than today. If he stays on and his dementia accelerates his poll numbers will worsen and Trump could win in a landslide.

That would also further public lack of trust in the Democratic and media establishment, which told the public that there's nothing wrong with Biden other than "cheap fakes", that he's aging well.

Conclusions:

1) Whether or not Biden should leave should be a medical decision.
2) The media and the establishment need to stop lying all of the time, the cost is piling up.

It's too obvious at this point. The corporate media misses Trump. The Trump years were oh so good for their ratings. This breathless 24/7 coverage of the fact that Biden is old, despite there being no viable alternative, despite the fact that Republicans have plans to get any replacement candidate kicked off ballots and the fascist Supreme Court backing to do so, despite the fact that they could be talking about Trump's multiple child rapes being all over the Epstein docs, or the fact that Project 2025's agenda is quite literally to dismantle democracy, or literally anything else that's actually relevant....says all I need to know that the MSM is done. They are trying to create a narrative here.

At best, it's a foolish attempt to whip up a dramatic narrative to make the election more "interesting". At worst...I don't even want to go there. Luckily, I think a lot of people are waking up and seeing right through it. Time to get in the fight or get out of the way. I'm so glad that I stopped watching cable news during Covid.

And by the way, we do have a precedent for an incumbent Democratic President with a list of significant accomplishments, who had handily won the presidency, but was pressured to step down by the party when it came time for reelection due to the fear of his popularity waning along with health concerns. Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968. When he withdrew from the race, this left the party even further and more deeply divided. The result was Nixon winning the election in a landslide.

^^^ The above scenario is why all the Russian bots and conservatives are fanning the flames for this Biden hysteria. That's their Hail Mary here. Because they don't want the election to be about Project 2025, Roe and the recent Supreme Court horrors. Good thing we have history to learn from and don't have to fall into that obvious trap.

Eye on the ball. Look what just happened in the UK and France. We can do it here too. These things tend to come in waves. Why isn't the media talking about how wrong they were in 2016, 2020 and 2022 when it comes to election forecasts?

It's too obvious at this point. The corporate media misses Trump. The Trump years were oh so good for their ratings. This breathless 24/7 coverage of the fact that Biden is old, despite there being no viable alternative, despite the fact that Republicans have plans to get any replacement candidate kicked off ballots and the fascist Supreme Court backing to do so, despite the fact that they could be talking about Trump's multiple child rapes being all over the Epstein docs, or the fact that Project 2025's agenda is quite literally to dismantle democracy, or literally anything else that's actually relevant....says all I need to know that the MSM is done. They are trying to create a narrative here.

At best, it's a foolish attempt to whip up a dramatic narrative to make the election more "interesting". At worst...I don't even want to go there. Luckily, I think a lot of people are waking up and seeing right through it. Time to get in the fight or get out of the way. I'm so glad that I stopped watching cable news during Covid.

And by the way, we do have a precedent for an incumbent Democratic President with a list of significant accomplishments, who had handily won the presidency, but was pressured to step down by the party when it came time for reelection due to the fear of his popularity waning along with health concerns. Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968. When he withdrew from the race, this left the party even further and more deeply divided. The result was Nixon winning the election in a landslide.

^^^ The above scenario is why all the Russian bots and conservatives are fanning the flames for this Biden hysteria. That's their Hail Mary here. Because they don't want the election to be about Project 2025, Roe and the recent Supreme Court horrors. Good thing we have history to learn from and don't have to fall into that obvious trap.

Eye on the ball. Look what just happened in the UK and France. We can do it here too. These things tend to come in waves. Why isn't the media talking about how wrong they were in 2016, 2020 and 2022 when it comes to election forecasts?
This is not just some rightwing or media conspiracy. The Canadian news media, in particular CBC which is a public entity and not driven by corporate interests, has been very critical of Biden's ability.

Now you have Pelosi asking Biden to reconsider and Stephanopoulos being caught on a hit mic privately after the interview saying he doesn't think Biden can serve another term. This is serious. If you are really worried about the Russian bots, then you take away the basis of their campaign and replace Biden with a young, healthy candidate.

This is the same fundamental situation as 2016 where the Dems ran a flawed, establishment candidate out of some sort of party dues and loyalty. We all saw how that turned out.

Oh, so the Dems are doing conspiracy now too. Cool.

Sure we might be staring down the barrel of the end of Democracy, but so long as Biden gave it his best shot then it’s all been worth it.

Like c’mon, if Trump is really then end of democracy then Biden has gotta be a little more forceful than “I tried”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"