Ridin’ with Biden

Well, now that we've got yet another McCarthy. Maybe they should just reconstitute the House Un-American Activities Committee.......I want to find out what ANTIFA is up to and their role in Jan 6. :rolleyes:

They'll bring it back under a different acronym, I guarantee that.

Legal experts say that it is not uncommon for some people who have security clearances to mishandle classified documents, or to inadvertently keep material that is restricted after leaving government service. The criteria for prosecuting people who mishandle classified documents include proving that the person deliberately flouted rules for how to secure the materials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/01/12/biden-classified-documents-wilmington/

You can’t charge a sitting president according to DoJ policy and this is much different than the Trump case as Trump disobeyed subpoenas to return dozens of boxes of them after politely being asked and lied about having them and other things which is where the trouble really was as it establishes mens rea. There’s a wide range between criminal intent and grandpa forgot/lost his library book and found it later and turned it in voluntarily…wherever it goes.

You just would have thought that right after Maralago Biden and his people would have been tripping over themselves to check their own storage areas just to avoid the situation Biden now finds himself in. Trump people are going to throw this back at Biden forever.

You just would have thought that right after Maralago Biden and his people would have been tripping over themselves to check their own storage areas just to avoid the situation Biden now finds himself in. Trump people are going to throw this back at Biden forever.

Trump supporters weren't going to give Biden any slack, let alone vote for him. That's their problem.

But Garland immediately appointing a Trump appointee SC for this immediately takes 95% of the wind out of the GOP's sails. And it's a lot harder for voters to buy their strawman arguments when you have two separate SCs investigating the current president and the disgraced former one.

The ones still harping about it are the Fox News/Newsmax crowd.

Oooohhhh.....new name. What's in the garage? A Corvette conservative or a Lamborghini liberal?

Does Biden even drive it? What's the point of having a sweet ride if you never get to take it out? :(

I'm just sitting here wondering what the hell each title is referencing :hehe:

Does Biden even drive it? What's the point of having a sweet ride if you never get to take it out? :(

I saw him driving it once. Don't know if you can do that once you're president though.

The point of not driving a nice car you own is purely for show, and giving the middle finger to all the haters.

I saw him driving it once. Don't know if you can do that once you're president though.
Sitting President's are not allowed to drive. Obama mentioned that in an interview I saw once.

Sitting President's are not allowed to drive. Obama mentioned that in an interview I saw once.

Yeah.....I was pretty sure that was the case. So, that explains that.

And had they made no statement at all, gathered up everything after an exhaustive search, and made one announcement, people would be saying "They are hiding something". If you make an announcement every time you find something people flip out.

There's no "right" way to do something like this in the minds of some people. What we should be focusing on is "how did they get there?" and "did someone intentionally withhold classified documents from the archives?". In other words, was theft or obstruction involved?

The fact of the matter is that everything we know indicates that Biden has been proactive in searching for and turning over documents. If that's not true, he should be held to the same standard as anyone else would be. I don't care if they find more documents on more occasions as long as there was no intentionality in removing them in the first place, someone isn't covering up that they have them, or someone isn't obstructing an investigation into this.

It's getting sickening already. How is it that they are losing track of all these papers? It's not right. :(
I think that's the crux of the matter. No matter what we find out, there is clearly not adequate tracking for high level people and when you rely of staffers to move documents, you're asking for trouble.

When it comes to moving these sorts of documents, they should have experts from the archives with authority and responsibility for tracking, moving, and recovering.

I won't be the least bit surprised if we hear about more documents being found and it doesn't mean the people who have them are or aren't responsible. The process obviously isn't adequate. Let's fix that and then we can worry less about who has what and where.

I can only assume that they are working on changes regarding who has what and where going forward. It's just too embarrassing and really an open invitation to those who would love to steal this sort stuff from an unsecured location.

I think Biden should probably ask the previous presidents to conduct searches at their houses in case they also have papers and if so, ask that more careful measures be implemented so that this does not occur in the future.

I think Biden should probably ask the previous presidents to conduct searches at their houses in case they also have papers and if so, ask that more careful measures be implemented so that this does not occur in the future.
I know, right? You have to wonder just how far back this goes......

I can only assume that they are working on changes regarding who has what and where going forward. It's just too embarrassing and really an open invitation to those who would love to steal this sort stuff from an unsecured location.

Without knowing the nature of the documents recovered from Biden there's no way to tell just how sensitive the information was. There's a world of difference between a secret memo from 2009 about re-allocation of replacement parts to a warehouse in Germany VS. a document outlining nuclear protocols and practices on an active submarine (as examples). Some things labeled "Secret" or "Top Secret" really are inconsequential whereas others are far more dangerous (like all that SCI information recovered from Trumpland)

The difference as I see it is that one of these Presidents found something in their house and proceeded to turn it over while conducting a search for anything else that shouldn't be there while the other one of these "Presidents" kept something in their house they clearly should not have had and then gave the authorities the runaround when they came to collect it.

In either case, it's pretty obvious that sensitive document tracking needs to be improved, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much similarity between the circumstances.

Without knowing the nature of the documents recovered from Biden there's no way to tell just how sensitive the information was. There's a world of difference between a secret memo from 2009 about re-allocation of replacement parts to a warehouse in Germany VS. a document outlining nuclear protocols and practices on an active submarine (as examples). Some things labeled "Secret" or "Top Secret" really are inconsequential whereas others are far more dangerous (like all that SCI information recovered from Trumpland)

The difference as I see it is that one of these Presidents found something in their house and proceeded to turn it over while conducting a search for anything else that shouldn't be there while the other one of these "Presidents" kept something in their house they clearly should not have had and then gave the authorities the runaround when they came to collect it.

In either case, it's pretty obvious that sensitive document tracking needs to be improved, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much similarity between the circumstances.
Oh, I agree that Bidens case is not the same as Trump's but we're never going to avoid the "what about isms that are sure to continue. The Right doesn't see the difference because it doesn't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"