RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

not Mary Wilson. :/

I love the Supremes. I've always had a love for the Motown girl groups. Martha and the Vandellas! Marvellettes, Shirelles, et al.

not Mary Wilson. :/

I love the Supremes. I've always had a love for the Motown girl groups. Martha and the Vandellas! Marvellettes, Shirelles, et al.

When I was in school, we had a talent show. 3 of my girlfriends (2 ex and 1 current) all dressed up as The Supremes and sang "You Can't Hurry Love". It was after the group had broken up, but we were all still listening to them. Alicia had a really terrific voice and did the lead vocals a la Diana Ross. They all looked so cute. They all had these matching gold sequin tassle party dresses that sparkled in the spotlight. At that time of our lives, we changed girlfriends and boyfriends like every other week. LOL.

yeah, Motown was so awesome. Temptations, Supremes, Smokey, Stevie Wonder, etc. etc. etc.
EDIT: Listening to a Supreme's anthology right now. Thanks for the memories Mary. We'll miss you.

Last edited:
The gay community extends our best wishes to our straight brothers in this time of sadness for you all.

Larry would have wanted it that way. :gngl:

So sad when you look at this picture of Doom. Only Ron Simmons still here.
aaaea18a27822d55746241d43f03bb4b.jpg

RIP Butch Reed.
DAMN!

Oh man. One of the absolute legends. As a long time Jazz enthusiast, I think back when I used to hang out at The Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz on Monday nights. They could seat maybe 150 people and unless you were one of the gang certain tickets were impossible to get. They would do a couple of shows and the late ones were the s***. Saw Chick, Dave Liebman, the Marsalis brothers, Max Roach, Bobby Hutcherson, McCoy Tyner, Pharoah Saunders, etc.

Kuumbwa used to get all of the bad asses on their way from SF to LA. After hours was a few pints at the nearby Poet & Patriot Irish Pub. Good times.

One of the greats.

Science fiction/fantasy artist
has died at age 76.
148250843_247053650313108_6473389540122248964_o.jpg

images

Just found this. RIP Lynn Stalmaster, legendary casting director:

Lynn Stalmaster Dead: Legendary Casting Director Was 93

Nicknamed “The Master Caster,” Stalmaster has more than 400 casting credits listed on IMDb, with the too-many highlights to mention including I Want to Live! (1958), Inherit the Wind (1960), The Great Escape (1963), The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming (1966), In the Heat of the Night (1967), They Shoot Horses, Don’t They? (1969), Harold and Maude (1971), Jeremiah Johnson (1972), The Onion Field (1979), Tootsie (1982), Nine 1/2 Weeks (1986), The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) and Battlefield Earth (2000).

The man and his method during the production of Superman: The Movie:

Last edited:
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has died at age 70. I didn’t think he was a very good person and people like him are partially responsible for the dark political climate we’re in but at the end of the day he was a human being and cancer sucks.

So RIP to him anyway, and my condolences go out to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Basically don't wish ill of the dead is the modus operandi for this situation. That's a suggestion. Keep it civil since we have all kinds in here.

One man’s “don’t speak ill of the dead” is another man’s “political correctness”.

And that other man was, in fact, Rush Limbaugh. So...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"