RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Ruth Madoc: Hi-de-Hi! actress dies aged 79

Actress Ruth Madoc, who starred in the BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi!, has died aged 79, her agent says. She died in hospital on Friday afternoon after surgery for a fall she had earlier in the week.

Phil Belfield of talent agency Belfield & Ward Ltd described her as a "unique talent loved by many". He paid tribute to her "iconic" TV performance as Gladys Pugh in the 1980s comedy Hi-de-Hi!, about a holiday camp in the late 50s.

"It is with much sadness that we have to announce the death of our dear and much loved client Ruth Madoc," he said in a statement. Describing her as a "real legend of the British entertainment scene", Mr Belfield said she was "gone far too soon".

Screenwriter Russell T Davies described her as "funny, kind, salty, shrewd and beautifully uncynical" in a tribute on Instagram. The Doctor Who writer and It's A Sin creator said she was "one of those great old troupers who loved the business, loved the stories, loved acting and actors. She starred as Myrtle in a series I wrote called Mine All Mine, and she was an absolute delight."

Former Little Britain star and comedian Matt Lucas said he was "shocked and saddened" to hear the news. "We grew up watching her iconic and genius performance as Gladys Pugh in Hi-de-Hi! and were thrilled when she agreed to come on board Little Britain," he added. He said Madoc was "brilliant" in the show and "an absolute delight to work with".

Ruth Madoc: Hi-de-Hi! actress dies aged 79

Her name may not mean much across the water, but here in the UK she was a household name of 80s BBC sitcom.

RIP 'Gladys' - and thanks for the laughs.

Man, I used to listen to that theme on repeat back in the 90's. So good...

40 years old and killed himself. Just shows no matter what you see on the outside, you never know what someone is struggling with on the inside.

Stephen 'Twitch' Boss Dead: 'Ellen' DJ Was 40 - Variety
I know most people know him from Ellen but my wife and I loved watching tWitch and his wife Allison on Disney's Weddings because we got married at WDW. RIP and my heart is sad for the wife and children he left behind.

really shocked about Twitch. seemed like a genuinely good vibes kinda guy

General-Hospital-Epiphany-Johnson-Sonya-Eddy.jpg

aw man, right before the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception

Epiphany was probably the only character on GH that wasn't intimidated by Sonny. If anything he was scared of her.

One thing I'll never forget is when after Sonny shot Dante and found out that he was his son, he was at the hospital telling the nurse behind the counter to save his life because he was his son, Epiphany was nearby carrying some bedpans overheard him and dropped them in surprise. And then a little later on she goes up to him and gives him this look. Lol.

Epiphany was probably the only character on GH that wasn't intimidated by Sonny. If anything he was scared of her.

One thing I'll never forget is when after Sonny shot Dante and found out that he was his son, he was at the hospital telling the nurse behind the counter to save his life because he was his son, Epiphany was nearby carrying some bedpans overheard him and dropped them in surprise. And then a little later on she goes up to him and gives him this look. Lol.

That was a really good storyline. Miss those days of GH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"