RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Pioneering African-American TV writer-producer Thaddeus Q. Mumford, who worked on shows including MASH, The Electric Company, and Blue Clue's, has died after a long illness at the age of 67. He died on Sept. 6th at his father’s home in Silver Spring, Md.

Mumford worked on the final three seasons of MASH, as well as such shows as Maude, Good Times, Alf, B.J. and the Bear, Coach, The Cosby Show, A Different World, Home Improvement, and Judging Amy.

Thad Mumford, Pioneering African-American Writer for ‘MASH,’ ‘Electric Company,’ Dies at 67

RIP

Frank Serafine, Star Trek and Tron Sound Editor/Designer, dies at 65

Hollywood sound engineer Frank Serafine died on Wednesday in Palmdale, Calif., according to the Los Angeles County Coroner. According to the Antelope Valley Times, he was fatally struck by a motorist travelling west on Palmdale Boulevard, and died at the scene of major head and body trauma.

Serafine was known for his work in sound design, editing, and composing for many hit movies, television shows, shorts, and commercials. Some of his best known works are Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Tron, Tron: Legacy, The Addams Family, The Hunt for Red October, and Field of Dreams.

Frank Serafine, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Tron’ Sound Editor/Designer, Dies at 65

RIP

English actor Dudley Sutton dies from cancer at age 85. He is perhaps best known as Tinker from the TV series LOVEJOY.

English actor Dudley Sutton dies from cancer at age 85. He is perhaps best known as Tinker from the TV series LOVEJOY.
Wow, it's only a couple of weeks since I checked to see if he was still with us after catching him in an old episode of The Sweeney. RIP

RIP Zienia Merton. SPACE 1999 was a big deal for me as a kid in the mid 70s.

Chas Hodges - one half of the musical duo Chas and Dave - has died at the age of 74.

The duo's Twitter account said he recently received treatment for oesophageal cancer but died peacefully in his sleep in the early hours.

Known for their rock and cockney style (dubbed 'rockney'), Chas and Dave enjoyed the height of their fame in the 1970s and 1980s with hits such as Rabbit and Snooker Loopy.

Chas from Chas and Dave dies

A big sound from my past. RIP Chas.

‘Star Wars’ Producer Gary Kurtz Dies at 78

Al Matthews Dead: Cigar-Chomping Sgt. Apone in 'Aliens' Dies at 75
XJiNn7G.jpg

Last edited:
Matthews was so good in that role. :(

Damn.....RIP to Gary Kurtz and Al Matthews.

I saw the Kurtz news yesterday but not Matthews. I only knew him from Aliens as far as I can remember but I'm sure he's been in other stuff I've seen.

Sons of Anarchy, actor Paul John Vasquez died Monday in San Jose, Calif. from unknown causes. He was 48.

According to reports, Vasquez was found dead at his father’s home. His father found him unconscious and called the paramedics. He was unable to be revived. The cause of death is currently being investigated.

In addition to portraying the character of Angel Ganz in Sons of Anarchy, Vasquez appeared in numerous TV series including ER, CSI: NY, NYPD Blue, Justified, and How I Met Your Mother.

Paul John Vasquez Dies: The ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Actor Was 48

RIP

Legendary Batman comic book artist Norm Breyfogle has passed away. His Batman was one of the ones I grew up with and probably my personal favorite. Phenomenal talent. RIP. :(

a_HR0c_Dov_L3d3dy5u_ZXdz_YXJhb_WEu_Y29t_L2lt_YWdlcy9p_Lz_Aw_MC8y_Mzcv_ODgx_L2kw.jpg

norm-breyfogle-batman-1135918-1280x0.jpg

Always a shame when a great talent like that passes away. RIP. :(

Marty Balin, co-founder of Jefferson Airplane had died. He was 76. :( It bums me out because my mother played the Surrealistic Pillow album so many times it remains one of my favorites. RIP,Marty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"