RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Peggy McCay, who starred as Caroline Brady on the NBC soap Days of Our Lives for 35 years, died on Sunday of natural causes. She was 90.

McCay appeared on scores of TV shows throughout her decades-long career. She originated the role of Vanessa Dale on the CBS soap opera Love of Life (1951–1955), but it was her portrayal of family matriarch Caroline Brady on Days of Our Lives for which she is best known and for which she was nominated four times for a Daytime Emmy, most recently in 2016. Her final episode aired on August 24th, 2016.

Peggy McCay Dies: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Star Was 90

RIP

Celeste Yarnall, who appeared opposite Elvis Presley in Live a Little, Love a Little, made a memorable appearance on Star Trek, and donned a loincloth to play "the original flower child" in the jungle-set cult classic Eve, has died at the age of 74. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in November 2014.

Yarnall is known to Star Trek fans for her portrayal of Yeoman Martha Landon in the 1967 episode "The Apple," in which Chekov can't help but fall for her.

Celeste Yarnall, Alluring Actress of the 1960s, Dies at 74

RIP

I remember her in that episode. RIP

Emmy-winning sound technician James Emswiller died Thursday night after falling from a balcony on the set of Mr Rogers, the Tom Hanks film about children’s television legend Fred Rogers, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Friday.

Emswiller, 61, died about an hour after the incident, which occurred at 7:30 p.m. Et, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner’s office. Witnesses said he was taking a break to smoke a cigarette when he fell from the second story balcony of an apartment building. Police believe that he may have experienced a medical problem before the fall.

Crew Member on Tom Hanks' 'Mr. Rogers' Movie in Hospital After Serious Fall on Set

RIP

Danny Leiner, director of stoner comedies including Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle and Dude, Where’s My Car?, has died after a long illness (no other details given). He was 57.

Leiner passed away late Thursday night, an individual close to Leiner told TheWrap.

Danny Leiner, 'Harold & Kumar' Director, Dies

RIP

Actor James Karen dies at age 95 James Karen, Actor in 'Poltergeist' and So Much More, Dies at 94

Mr. Karen is probably best known for his roles in POLTERGEIST and THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. ...but he has over 200 credits to his name. He was in other sci fi genre movies like FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER, HERCULES IN NEW YORK, CAPRICORN ONE, TIMEWALKER, INVADERS FROM MARS, and PIRANAH. He also was in such distinguished dramas as I NEVER SANG FOR MY FATHER, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, SERPICO, F.I.S.T., THE CHINA SYNDROME, and FRANCIS.

I met him at a convention a decade or so ago. He was at a table with no pictures of himself to offer....but he would sign anything you brought to him for free. I asked him about that....he said - "I'm not here for the money....I just love talking to the fans." What a great guy.

He was in Bryan Singer's SUPERMAN RETURNS.....his scenes were cut....but when they released trading cards for the movie, he was on a couple of the cards. I got him to sign a bunch of them and gave them away to various Superman fans on the Hype.

Mr. Karen.....you will be missed.

Goodbye James Karen, Thanks for the childhood memories.:(

Ntozake Shange, poet & playwright has died at age 70. Her most famous work was probably her award winning play "for colored girls who have considered suicide / when the rainbow is enuf" which was made into a movie not too long ago by (sigh) Tyler Perry. The film version was just called "For Colored Girls".

R.I.P.

Tyler was sometimes the only one to actually make movies with all black casts for a minute. Is what it is, lol.

I don't know if he counts as a celebrity, but hollywood sure liked to make movies based on him.

Whitey Bulger was killed in prison.

I don't know if he counts as a celebrity, but hollywood sure liked to make movies based on him.

Jeez, according to his Wikipedia entry...

According to the New York Times, he was killed by fellow inmates when he was assaulted with a smuggled weapon - a lock inside a sock - and bludgeoned to death with it. According to investigative journalist Michelle McPhee, Bulger was “ripped apart”.

According to TMZ, Bulger was beaten to death and several inmates had attempted to gouge his eyes out with a shiv.

****. He had to had made some enemies or somebody had beef with him outside the pen.

Makes you wonder why it didn't happen sooner. He must have had a ton of enemies.

Baba Oje of the Grammy award winning group Arrested Development has passed at age 87 from leukemia. Arrested Development greatest commercial success was in the early 90s with their hit song "Tennessee".

R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"