RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Another icon gone. RIP.

No! Dammit we need the scientists more than ever.

RIP to the genius with a quick wit and snarky sense of humour.

This man literally invented a mechanical device to save his life and preserve his autonomy.

Basically Tony Stark, with more humility and an intellect closer to Reed Richards' level.

When people say they're tired of superhero and comic book movies because they're childish fantasy I have to think of real life superhero like Stephen Hawking and just laugh.

Also, I need a new supergenuis to reference who is our generation's Einstein and everyone knows about. Having said that, Stephen Hawking is not easy to replace. People like him come once in a lifetime unfortunately.

Such a great loss, a great physicist, great human being and source of inspiration to all.

Truly an icon, RIP. :(

Just found out on the news about Stephen Hawking.
We have lost the one of the greatest minds of the 20th and, indeed, 21st Century.

He did damned well for someone that was only given three years to live when he was diagnosed with a rare form of Motor Neurone Disease at the age of 22.

It’s a truly horrific disease, I’ve seen it up close...

This hurts. This really hurts. We need MORE of him, not less.

The two people I idolize:

DYOGl3XW0AAE2BK

Just found out about this. Rest in peace, Mr. Hawking. You were one of the greatest minds mankind has ever known. :csad:

Well, that's about 80% less gags opportunity for Big Bang now.

R.I.P sir, genius who gave so much.

R.I.P. Mr. Hawking.

Of course he would die on Pi day/Einstein's Birthday. Gotta love his sense of humor to the end.

Last edited:
This is A LOSS.....

An amazing mind, an amazing individual, who demonstrated what the words 'Intelligence' and 'Courage' truly mean.

Science and Humanity as a whole, have just lost a true HERO.

I'm sure they will. Any time a notable science related name passes in the news they bring up at least a In Memorium or similar mention at the end of an episode.

Hope so. Do you recall if they did anything to mark Leonard Nimoy's passing? He (well, Spock) and Hawking are pretty much Sheldon's biggest heroes.

I remember they did an "In Memory of..." but I can't remember anything about a specific reference in the series either.

Was sure he was gonna outlive us all.

RIP Professor Hawking please enjoy some delicious Pi at Herr Einstein's birthday party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"