RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

That stinks. RIP Justin Carter. :(

Scott Walker of 60s group The Walker Brothers dies at the age of 76. No Cause of death disclosed.

Rock enigma Scott Walker dies aged 76

Loved some of their stuff. Make It Easy on Yourself, The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, No Regrets... Scott Walker had a fantastic voice.

RIP - and thanks for the great music.

Actor Joseph Pilato dies at age 70. He is best known for playing Captain Rhodes in DAY OF THE DEAD. He also appeared in DAWN OF THE DEAD, KNIGHTRIDERS, WISHMASTER and PULP FICTION.
BBVguu9.img

I remember him from Day and Dawn of the Dead along with Pulp, but completely forgot he was in Wishmaster.

Pilato was a beast, didn’t do a massive amount but I’ll never forget Day of the Dead and the effect it had on me the first time I saw it. RIP

RIP Joseph Pilato. I remember meeting him, Tom Savini and George Romero at a horror convention many years ago. He was such a nice person.

Day of the Dead will always be my favorite of the Dead trilogy and he was a big part why.

I'll be wearing my Day of the Dead "choke on 'em" t-shirt in his honor.

Actor Shane Rimmer passes away at age 89. I've always wanted to meet him....he appeared in so many great genre films. He was in the Bond films YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, and THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, he also was in DR. STRANGELOVE, ROLLERBALL, STAR WARS IV: A NEW HOPE, THE PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT, SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN II, SUPERMAN III, GANDHI, REDS, BATMAN BEGINS, and was the voice of Scott Tracy in the THUNDERBIRDS TV show.

MV5BNTNlYTFiMzUtZWExMC00Nzg5LTllODUtMmQ1ZjkzNGZmMjkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,740_AL_.jpg

Scott Tracy was my first introduction to him when I was a kid. Always liked watching him whatever he was in. RIP Shane Rimmer.

Who was Rimmer in A New Hope? He was the subway guy in Begins, right?

Still, 89, I guess that's a pretty good run, all said and done.

Tania Mallet, the model and actress who played the role of Tilly Masterson opposite Sean Connery in Goldfinger, has died at the age of 77. No further details of her death have been released.

The James Bond film would mark her only big screen acting role. In 1976, she appeared in TV’s The New Avengers but did not appear in any further acting roles. She continued her modeling career, saying that it was a more comfortable world for her.

Mallet was the cousin of Academy Award-winning actress Helen Mirren.

Tania Mallet Dies: Model And ‘Goldfinger’ Actress Was 77

RIP :csad:

Roberta Haynes, who starred opposite Gary Cooper in the South Pacific-set 1953 movie Return to Paradise, has died at the age of 91. According to her son she died on Thursday in Delray Beach, Florida.

She appeared in two Westerns, also in 1953: Gun Fury, and The Nebraskan. Previously she'd appeared on Broadway in 1950 in The Madwoman of Chaillot with John Carradine and then with Lee J. Cobb in The Fighter (1952).

She went on to appear in other films as Point Blank (1967), The Adventurers (1970), and Police Academy 6: City Under Siege (1989). Haynes also guest-starred on TV shows including Climax!, Lawman, Johnny Staccato, The F.B.I. and Falcon Crest. She worked at the Cinecitta film studio in Rome in the mid-1960s and at 20th Century Fox as a vice president for television in the 1970s.

Roberta Haynes, Gary Cooper's Co-Star in 'Return to Paradise,' Dies at 91

RIP

RIP to Roberta Haynes.....she appeared in some good genre movies....most notably the western VALDEZ IS COMING and the crime drama POINT BLANK.

Point Blank is a favorite of mine. R.I.P. Roberta Haynes

RIP Nadja Regin. Exactly a week after the death of Tania Mallet, another Goldfinger Bond girl :csad:

Seymour Cassel, the Oscar-nominated John Cassavetes regular, has died of complications from Alzheimer's disease at the age of 84. He died on Sunday in Los Angeles, according to his son.

Cassel also was a favorite of Wes Anderson, who cast him in Rushmore (1998), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) and The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (2004). He first teamed with Cassavetes on the improvisational Shadows (1959). He received his Oscar nomination for best supporting actor for his portrayal of hippie swinger Chet in Cassavetes' Faces (1968).

Seymour Cassel, Familiar Face in Cassavetes Films, Dies at 84

RIP

I remember Seymour Cassel most from his guest appearance on NERO WOLFE MYSTERIES in the episode "Before I Die".

Rest In Peace!

seymourNW.jpg

I know Cassel from a lot of things, but most notably as the foul mouthed trapper in the Charlton Heston movie THE MOUNTAIN MEN. He was a great character actor.

Actress Bibi Andersson has passed away at 83 years old. One of the most merited actresses in Sweden, who worked with many international directors like John Huston.

She's most of all known for her work with Ingmar Bergman. For instance Persona (1966), Scenes From a Marriage (1973), and of course my personal Bergman favourites: The Seventh Seal (1957) and Wild Strawberries (1957).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"