RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

now that sucks he did a lot of my fave shows back in the 80s/90s *sad face*

He had his hand in a lot of innovative and ground breaking TV.

Hill Street Blues is always something I wanted to get around to seeing, because Damon Lindelof said it was one of his influences when it came to LOST. Remember seeing some NYPD Blue when I was younger, though.

RIP

Hill Street Blues is always something I wanted to get around to seeing, because Damon Lindelof said it was one of his influences when it came to LOST. Remember seeing some NYPD Blue when I was younger, though.

RIP

His influence is HUGE. And then there are the people that worked with him who also went on to create great and landmark stuff.

The thing about HSB was it was one of the pioneers of multiple arcs being furthered in any given individual show. Looking back now HSB seems tame but it was this clear sea change of network standards and quality that ushered in a new era of TV drama.

l0XKorc.png

One of my favorite movies of Susan Anspach was 1978's THE BIG FIX starring Richard Dreyfuss.

RIP Ms. Anspach

Korean-American actor Soon-Tek Oh has died at the age pf 75 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0644902/?ref_=nv_sr_2

He appeared in over a hundred movies and TV shows, he co-starred in several Chuck Norris movies like GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK, MISSING IN ACTION 2, and THE PRESIDENT'S MAN....he co-starred in the Roger Moore "James Bond" movie THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, the Kirk Douglas sci fi thriller THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, and the Charles Bronson movie DEATH WISH 4....he also guest starred in such TV series as HIGHLANDER, M*A*S*H, MAGNUM, P.I., EAST OF EDEN, KUNG FU, HAWAII FIVE-O, HILL STREET BLUES, and MURDER, SHE WROTE.

He was excellent in the mini series of John Steinbeck's EAST OF EDEN.

RIP to you.

RIP Soon-Tek Oh. I remember his character and his nieces fighting a whole martial arts school in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.

Chuck was the voice of so many cartoon characters....he did Ben Grimm in the 90's FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon.....I remember him doing a lot of commercials playing Oliver Hardy a few decades ago.

RIP

R.I.P. Yvonne Staples of The Staple Singers. 80 years old.

Actor Tim O'Connor dies at age 90 http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...actor-tim-oconnor-dead-at-90-report-says.html

He is best known to the general public as Mia Farrow's father in the long running TV show PEYTON PLACE....to people who follow the sci fi genre he is best known as Dr. Huer in the TV series BUCK RODGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY, and for guest starring in such series as STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION, WONDER WOMAN, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, and KNIGHT RIDER.

RIP Mr. O'Connor

Two brilliant czech directors died this week.

Juraj Herz five days ago, who hasn't seen The Cremator, go watch it, one of the best films ever made.

Milos Forman died yesterday, I think his masterpieces are well known, films like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Amadeus.

RIP gentlemen, you were true personages worth celebrating, one can only wish he was as classy, perceptive, ingenious and talented as you were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"