RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Race car driver and former MYTHBUSTERS host Jesse Combs dies in a wreck trying to break the land speed record. ‘Mythbusters’ Host Jessi Combs Dies in Land-Speed Record Attempt
jessi-combs-dead.jpg

Oh, wow. RIP Jessi Combs.

Edit: Sp

Last edited:
RIP Franco Columbu. This is a stark reminder that a decent amount of my heroes are starting to get old :(

Just looked up Columbo expecting to see heart attack, and apparently the poor guy drowned!

RIP Franco.

Sad news about Franco. Back before the internet, one of the fun things about watching a Schwarzenegger movie was looking to see if he or Sven Ole were in it. Seeing him painted up as the Pict warrior at the beginning of CONAN THE BARBARIAN was a hoot. He was also the terminator that attacked the compound that Kyle Reese was in in one of the cool flashbacks to the future in the classic TERMINATOR.

RIP to you Mr. Franco.

Sad news about Franco. Back before the internet, one of the fun things about watching a Schwarzenegger movie was looking to see if he or Sven Ole were in it.
I used to play the same game!

UK comic actress Sheila Steafel died on 23rd August, at the age of 84.

A star of David Frost’s 1960s sketch show, The Frost Report, Miss Steafel also appeared in Dave Allen At Large, The Kenny Everett Television Show and Sykes, entertaining audiences in many roles, gracing stages, television and radio over several decades.

She went on to front one-woman shows at the Edinburgh festival and London theatres and also acted in her own self-titled Channel 4 programme.

Her agent announced her death on Twitter and said how much she would be missed. He wrote: ‘Very sadly I can officially confirm that our multi-talented client Sheila Steafel has passed away after bravely battling leukemia. Sheila was a comedy giant, and she will be hugely missed.’

Actress Sheila Steafel dies aged 84 after bravely battling leukemia | Daily Mail Online

A name probably not very familiar to today's audiences, but she was a big part of my childhood. A very familiar face on UK TV - mainly comedy - in the 60s/70s/80s.

RIP Sheila. And thank you for the laughs.

Writer Terrance Dicks dies at age 84. Dicks is best known for working on hundreds of DOCTOR WHO episodes as script writer and or script editor as well as writing over 60 Doctor Who novelizations Doctor Who writer Terrance Dicks dies

If I was a singer or a performer I wouldnt use any of that pyrotechnic BS in my shows. It adds nothing to the vocals and at best it only distracts the audience from the performance, or at worst it kills someone. Not worth the risk.

RIP Terrance Dicks. Read a lot of his Dr Who novelisations when I was a kid.

Actress Carol Lynley, probably best known for her role in the 1972 film The Poseidon Adventure, has died at the age of 77 after suffering a heart attack at her Pacific Palisades home on Tuesday.

Particularly sad about this one. She was stunning when she was younger. I've had a crush on her ever since I first saw her in an episode of the Angie Dickinson show Police Woman, in which she tried to accuse Dickinson's character of sexual assault. Pretty ahead for it's day.

RIP Carol :csad:

Carol Lynley, ‘The Poseidon Adventure’ Star, Dies at 77

Edit: Link

Last edited:
I had a crush on Carol for years too. RIP to Ms. Lynley.
She co-starred in the best vampire movie ever.
MV5BNjI2MTc3MTkxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTcwODU1MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1285,1000_AL_.jpg

Mardik Martin - longtime friend and collaborator of Martin Scorsese - whose writing credits include Mean Streets, New York, New York, and Raging Bull, died on Wednesday from undisclosed causes. He was 82.

He also wrote 1977’s Valentino with the film's director, Ken Russell. In 2014, Martin co-wrote the screenplay of the German film The Cut about the Armenian Genocide. It was selected to compete for the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival. Martin also taught screenwriting at University of Southern California.

Mardik Martin, 'Mean Streets' and 'Raging Bull' Co-Writer, Dies at 82

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"