RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

RIP Sid Haig. Got introduced to him through House of 1000 Corpses, even in the worst films he was never awful.

RIP to Haig.....he was always fun to see in things.

RIP Peggy Lipton of The Mod Squad. She died in May. I didn't even know it. But I was watching the Emmys and she came up on the In Memoriam list.

RIP to Linda "Myrtle" Porter.

Actress and singer Diahann Carroll has died at the age of 84, her publicist has confirmed. She had been suffering from cancer and died at home in Los Angeles on Friday.

Carroll became the first black woman to win the Tony Award for best actress in 1962, for her role in the Broadway musical No Strings, and was nominated for an Oscar in 1975 for the film Claudine. She also had several major TV roles - including in Dynasty as the scheming Dominique Deveraux, and Julia (the first US sitcom to centre on a black woman), in which she played the title role.

Pioneering actress Diahann Carroll dies aged 84

I loved Julia when I was a kid. RIP Diahann Carroll :csad:

RIP to Diahann Carroll....good actress.

I remember her from Dynasty. RIP.

Philip Gips, graphic designer, advertising executive and creator of posters for hit films including Alien and Rosemary’s Baby died on Thursday in White Plains, NY. He was 88.

During his career, Gips was the principal art director and creative visionary on some of the most recognizable movie posters and corporate logos of the era. Among his best-known posters is the ad for Alien (1979), which depicts an egg cracking and emitting an eerie green glow as it hovers over an otherworldly topography. The poster is punctuated with the tag line, “In space no one can hear you scream,” which was written by Gips’s wife, Barbara.

Gips also designed posters for comedies (Arthur, Desperately Seeking Susan), thrillers (Fatal Attraction, No Way Out), dramas (Kramer vs. Kramer, Sophie’s Choice, The Verdict, Absence of Malice), a superhero film (Superman), sports movies (Downhill Racer, Hoosiers), a fantasy/rock opera (Tommy), Hollywood spectacles (All That Jazz, That’s Entertainment) and searing social commentaries (Network, The Front, Catch 22).

Philip Gips Dies: Graphic Designer Created Classic Movie Posters – Deadline

RIP

RIP, Ginger Baker, drummer from Cream. He was 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"