RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Being all of those things and also having committed sexual assault are not mutually exclusive.

Unless you're Donald Trump, most people are not cartoonishly one-dimensional.

Being all of those things and also having committed sexual assault are not mutually exclusive.

Unless you're Donald Trump, most people are not cartoonishly one-dimensional.

Agree.

But, also unlike Donald Trump, I have a hard time believing that he isn't sorry for what he did, whether he realized what he was doing or not. No father who loves his daughters and supports women's sports/causes as much as Kobe did wouldn't be, I'd like to believe.

Some unconfirmed news going around about his eldest daughter being hospitalized for the past few days. A severe panic-asthma attack.

Some unconfirmed news going around about his eldest daughter being hospitalized for the past few days. A severe panic-asthma attack.

She did simultaneously lose her father and one sister, so unfortunately wouldn't be shocking.

Actress Monique Van Vooren has died at age 92 Monique van Vooren, Actress in 'Tarzan and the She-Devil' and 'Batman,' Dies at 92

She appeared in such things as TARZAN AND THE SHE DEVIL, FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN, and Adam West's BATMAN.
MV5BMmM1ZGQ4NWMtNDE3OS00ZDJlLTk4MmEtZmJkZDA5YTQ2YjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5NDcxNzI@._V1_.jpg

That's why I said people putting him in the same category as a Spacey or a Cosby or Weinstein is ****ed up and shows how skewed they are.

Sounds like he was a good man, even if he had flaws.
All good men have flaws. That's what makes them real. That's probably why he is so beloved. We've seen him grow from a 17 year old into the league till this past Sunday. We've seen not only his drive, but also his flaws, and how he handled them, and how those mistakes made him a better man on the other side of it. We've seen him own up to his mistakes; we've seen him mend relationships that he strained when he was younger. It was pretty much a complete picture of who this man is, for the world to see, with his 2+ decades in front of the camera in public, dealing with all this, and still coming out the other side as more than a decent human being. And even these un-publicized acts of kindness eventually come out through the people involved, and makes every good thing he does more genuine. I mean how many celebs can you name who has half their life in front of the camera, in front of the public eye to be praised and scrutinized for, and didn't come out the other side ****ed up some how? But Kobe came out the other side being an inspiration to us all. It's just crazy how his story unfolded.

Caught a couple of episodes of M*A*S*H earlier today. Used to love Lou Grant. RIP Gene Reynolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"