RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Annie Glenn, widow of astronaut John Glenn dies from complication from covid 19 at age 100 Annie Glenn, John Glenn's widow, dies from COVID-19 at 100
safe_image.php

Article indicates he gave his life for his kid. Much respect for that sir. R.I.P.

R.I.P. Coach Sloan. :csad:

KSL.com :: Beloved Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan dies at 78

As a Utahn and one that grew up watching the Jazz during those years of him, Stockton and Malone, this one hurts :( Still remember being at my sister's high school graduation in '97, they were reading the names of each of the graduates as they entered by the giant school letter and one girl's name was called (I don't remember who she was) and all of the sudden the crowd erupted into thunderous cheers. Turns out a lot of people were listening on radios with headphones to the Jazz game against Houston and Stockton had just made the shot that sent us to the finals

Last edited:
Ah, that's a shame. I liked him (as a kid I used to get him confused with Karl Malden). RIP

A good character actor that appeared in everything. I first took notice of him back in the early 80's as the leader of the lizards in disguise aliens from the two miniseries V.
v-tv-show.jpg
He was definitely one of those “hey it’s that guy!” actors. I remember him from Quantum Leap.

Actor Michael Angelis, known for his roles in TV dramas such as Boys from the Blackstuff, and as the narrator of Thomas The Tank Engine, has died at the age of 76. He died suddenly while at home with his wife on Saturday, his agent said.

The Liverpool-born actor lent his voice to children's favourite Thomas and Friends for 13 series after taking over from Ringo Starr in 1991.

He appeared as Mickey Startup in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, and starred alongside Bernard Hill and Julie Walters in the Bafta-winning 1980s series Boys from the Blackstuff, which highlighted the hardships of unemployment.

Angelis also had roles in Minder, The Liver Birds, Z Cars and Good Cop.

Paying tribute to him on social media, comedian Matt Lucas described Angelis as "one of the greatest TV actors I've ever seen
... His work with (screenwriter) Alan Bleasdale was tremendous. What a loss."

Actor Michael Angelis dies aged 76

Kinda thought he'd be around forever. Loved him in Boys from the Blackstuff and (especially) The Liver Birds. RIP Lucien.

RIP Kurt Thomas. I remember seeing him in Gymkata when it first came out.

Damn, Thomas was one of the greats....met him back in the late 70's, he as a real nice guy.

Bob Kulick, older brother of former KISS member Bruce Kulick, passed away last month.

Today original KISS road bodyguard J. R. Smalling has passed away after a battle with cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"