RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Linda Cristal, the Golden Globe-winning actress who portrayed Victoria Cannon, the wife of Leif Erickson's character, on the 1967-71 NBC Western The High Chaparral, has died. She was 89.

Cristal died Saturday at her home in Beverly Hills, her son Jordan Wexler told The New York Times.

On the big screen, Cristal appeared with Jock Mahoney in The Last of the Fast Guns (1958), with John Wayne in The Alamo (1960), with James Stewart in John Ford's Two Rode Together (1961) and with Charles Bronson in Mr. Majestyk (1974).

In 1959, she won her first Golden Globe — as most promising newcomer (female) — for her turn as an Argentine beauty who takes a trip to Paris with Tony Curtis' character in the comedy The Perfect Furlough (1958), directed by Blake Edwards.

She appeared in 96 episodes of The High Chaparral, as the strong-willed daughter of a powerful Mexican rancher and young wife of Erickson's "Big John" Cannon. She was nominated for two Globes, winning in 1970, and two Emmys, for her performance.

Linda Cristal, Actress on 'The High Chaparral,' Dies at 89

She was one of the main reasons I used to watch The High Chaparral :yay:

RIP Linda Cristal
Sad news. She was a lovely woman. I never got to meet her, but around 15 years ago I met Henry Darrow, Don Collier, and Bob Hoy (all from High Chaparral)....and they all spoke glowingly about her.

Actor Earl Cameron dies at age 102 Actor Earl Cameron, Trailblazing Star of Doctor Who and The Dark Man, Dies at 102 Cameron was featured in many distinctive movies, such as the James Bond film THUNDERBALL, Christopher Nolan's INCEPTION, Richard Attenborough's GUNS AT BATASI, DOCTOR WHO: THE TENTH PLANET, CUBA starring Sean Connery, and THE QUEEN starring Helen Mirren,
MV5BNTIzNjQ3ODY5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxNDIzOA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,829,1000_AL_.jpg

I’ve been reading about his and his wife’s ongoing struggle for the past few months and to have it end this way. Awful.

My wife just read that about Cordero....may he rset in peace and condolences to his family.

I kept seeing updates about Cordero on news sites, and it just sounded so awful. A complete and total tragedy.

I also just found out that director Etienne Périer died on June 21st at age 89. He directed such movies as WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL and ZEPPELIN.

People need to take this virus seriously.

All iconic themes from the Maestro. Even some of the pieces which aren't the main themes like "The Ecstasy of Gold" or "Sixty Seconds to What?" are well known, even if people don't know they come from these films. "Sixty Seconds" has been sampled in other modern songs.

RIP Ennio Morricone, such a phenomenally talented and influential composer. So much of his music is burned in my memory from watching Leone's films, Tarantino's films, The Untouchables, etc. One of the greatest film composers of all time.

Last edited:
Morricone was one of the defining voices of music in cinema. May he rest in peace.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in concert:

I'm pretty sure the original wasn't played on a recorder. And was it really someone whistling manually in the original recordings? I mean the woman doing it here has a very clear and consistent sound, but that takes a lot of skill to not go out of tune. I thought maybe someone was playing a whistle before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"