Riverdale Season 1 Chapter 1 "The River's Edge" (SPOILERS):

Discussion in 'Riverdale' started by Kelly, Jan 16, 2017.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Charlatan Registered

I thought it was fine for what it is. A CW young adult soap opera. I'm really digging Emerald City though and wish the ratings would pick up because it's great. It's like Wizard of Oz meets Game of Thrones.

2. Kelly #RESIST

Well, as far as Emerald City goes, it is owned by NBC, that helps, but it is a costly series, and the fact that they put it on Friday, does not bode well for it. It has got to get up above at the very least 1.0....to have any chance. Many were shocked that they actually went ahead with it, it was on the back burner for a long time. I have a feeling it will be canceled, mainly because it really isn't going to have much of a chance once daylight savings time comes in, ALL live TV suffers when that happens.

3. childeroland Registered

Does anyone know if Sabrina is going to show up in this?

4. O'Haire Awesome

Rumor is that [blackout]she will show up in the season finale.[/blackout]

#54 O'Haire, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  5. greenlantern248 Registered

My wife and I watched this and we both thought it was good. To the point my wife didn't pick up her phone once during the entire episode lol.

She compared this to One Tree Hill and Pretty Little Liars.
    I never really got into Archie comics so I don't know the characters that well. I know the main characters but don't really know the support characters.

To be honest the scene with Moose and Kevin I thought Moose was setting him up. Waiting for Kevin to get further undress before he took his clothes and ditched him or other football players jumped out and beat him up.

6. Boy Scout Registered

Okay, so...this was bad. Awful at points. From the acting, to the dialogue, to the exposition. The guy playing Archie needs to step his game up and the writers need to get better at writing "clever," Glee-esque dialogue.

The actresses who play Betty and Veronica (despite instances of poor acting) work really well together. Their chemistry is believable. I mean, Veronica lost all credibility as a friend for making out with Archie almost immediately after trying to help Betty win him over, but when they're meant to be friends, they shine. And Jughead was fine.

If this doesn't improve by episode three, I'm out.