Riverdale Riverdale Season 1 Chapter 2 "A Touch of Evil" (SPOILERS)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
C3sbNXFUYAAMu8E.jpg

RIVERDALE

"Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SECRETS UNRAVELED - As new details of Jason's death begin to emerge, Archie (KJ Apa) pleads with Miss Grundy (guest star Sarah Habel) to come forward with what they heard at Sweetwater River. Betty (Lili Reinhart) makes an effort to mend her friendship with Archie but takes a different stance with Veronica (Camila Mendes), who is trying to make up for her actions. With rumors around her brother's death running rampant, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) deals with the pressure in true Queen Bee fashion, while tensions boil over when Jughead (Cole Sprouse) stumbles upon a secret Archie was hoping to keep hidden. Finally, plans for the annual fall pep rally move forward with a performance by Josie (Ashleigh Murray) and the Pussycats and a special appearance by Mayor McCoy (guest star Robin Givens.) Marisol Nichols, Madchen Amick and Luke Perry also star. Lee Toland Krieger directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#102.) Original airdate 2/2/2017.

This episode was even better than the pilot in my opinion. It kept things moving, and the character development was well done.

Damn, I had tears of joy when they did "Sugar Sugar".

I liked the pilot, but man, this episode was a big improvement.

Really digging the murder mystery. And that bit at the end saying Jason died a week after they thought has be very excited to find out just what the hell happened.

And good lord I love the look of the show.

I don't know what it is but man does this show have me excited to watch it every week!! This episode was brilliant and the murder mystery just makes for one hell of a show! All the characters are so cool and relatable! I've known quite a few people like Archie, Jugghead, Betty, Veronica, Cheryl throughout my life and side characters like Moose, Kevin, Ms Grundy and the parents make for a very well rounded cast!

I'm with everyone else. This episode was better than last week's. It's compelling, it's fun.

So who is the killer? And why did Betty's mom pay the ME?

Damn, I had tears of joy when they did "Sugar Sugar".

I was wondering if they were going to re-visit that song but a bit disappointed that Archie didn't write it. I was kinda hoping the 4 mains would form their own band but I don't really see that happening right now.

Yeah this episode was better than the last it had some really fun moments. Such as Josie and the pussycats performing Sugar Sugar. I also laughed out loud when when Betty's mom exorcised the room after Cheryl's visit.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm really liking this show.

But, I couldn't help but think throughout why Archie didn't just say he heard the gun shot that morning? He doesn't need to bring Ms. Grundy into it

But, I couldn't help but think throughout why Archie didn't just say he heard the gun shot that morning? He doesn't need to bring Ms. Grundy into it
Yeah I was wondering that too. It seemed odd he never thought to do it before the end of the episode. But hey, there'd be no drama otherwise. :oldrazz:

Then the question they would be asking is why was Archie out in the woods alone at 6:00 am. And he might even be a suspect, with no alibi. So Ms. Grundy would have to come out as his alibi anyway.

That is a good points Cops can make it out that just because u heard a gunshot could mean to them that he was there shoting that gun.

Also Jughead would probably come forward and say that Archie cancelled a road trip at the last minute to just hang out by the lake alone.

I liked the episode, but damn it's wildly unoriginal. I was hoping that the second episode would kind of start giving the show some of it's own identity, but it's still very much muddled in teen drama cliches. Even the stereotypical gay character is driving me crazy, as much as I like LGBT characters included. I still like the show, and will keep watching. I just wish it will eventually get some qualities of it's own. It's cool how they have adapted some elements from the comics! Those are ironically some the least stereotypical stuff the show has to offer.

Then the question they would be asking is why was Archie out in the woods alone at 6:00 am. And he might even be a suspect, with no alibi. So Ms. Grundy would have to come out as his alibi anyway.

He was jogging? That's actually a good point.

I feel like the murder mystery is kind of obvious, which means I am probably wrong.

I think the teacher Archie is seeing did it. The kid did not die that day, but later. She was there with Archie for a potential alibi. She was probably sleeping with the murdered kid, he threatened to expose her, she shot him.

This episode definitely convinced me to stick with the series.

I'm still on the fence.

Veronica is keeping me watching.

Everyone else is keeping me on the fence lol

The mystery part is certainly very engaging but the first 10-15 minutes where they all went back and forth on relationships just distracted me a bit. It just felt a little bit of a drag. I thought the pilot was tighter.

I find it odd the Show keeps on mentioning how Archie and Jason looked a lot alike.

COOL, Hearing JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS sing "Sugar-Sugar".
Although I prefer original version by The Archies.

I find it odd the Show keeps on mentioning how Archie and Jason looked a lot alike.

Like maybe the murderer was actually targeting Archie and mistook Jason for Archie.

COOL, Hearing JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS sing "Sugar-Sugar".
Although I prefer original version by The Archies.

For some reason I got all choked up when I heard that and actually had tears in my eyes. Like I was a teen-age girl back in the 1960s at a Beatles concert. Weird.

Veronica is amazing, been love with her since since the pilot.

Okay, one thing is for sure, Betty is ****ing crazy. And I don't just mean sexy, funny cra-crazy, that girl has legit sociopathic crazy in her, if even someone like Cheryl is scared to death of you by one threat. Watch out.

And Jughead is right, Archie is the luckiest red-headed mofo in the entire multiverse of everything.

Betty has always been a little nuts. Like under the surface when it comes to Archie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"