Riverdale Riverdale Season 1 Chapter 3 "Body Double" (SPOILERS)

Anyone think that betty could be polly? could she be schitzo?

Anyone think that betty could be polly?

I was wondering about that. I think it would help explain the overprotective mom.

Some of what we know about Betty seems to rule it out, such as her age and the length of her friendship with Archie and Kevin. Makes me want to watch the episodes again, paying attention to the source of these details about Betty and Polly. If Betty is the source of the information, and we assume she's unreliable, then maybe.

I'm still disappointed about Jughead. I thought for a while that he was a manifestation of Archie's conscience, but he's been interacting with people independently, so there goes that idea.

Really liked this week. Betty went full-on psycho, wasn't expecting that. Kinda strange how Archie is the character I care least for in an Archie show, but hey.

#BarbLives

I usually don't have a thing for blondes but when Betty put on wig and was in the pool house. Oh...my.....

Whatever got Jason killed is linked to Betty/Polly. Betty has some kind of repressed memories around assault and Jason is involved. I'm not sure how far a show like this is willing to go with that as a conclusion.

They NEED to stop giving Veronica and Cheryl such awful dialogue.

I really liked the idea of the **** shaming subplot, but it got too heavy handed at times (IMO). Supergirl had the exact same problem in its first season with its "girl power!" motif.

I really liked Josie's speech, but it's precisely because of it that I think she warmed up to Archie far too quickly. One suggestion and he's in? Just like that?

So far, the gay best friend is nothing more than...the gay best friend. Please give him some depth.

Out of all the leads, the guy who plays Archie is the worst.

Cheryl mom slapping the **** out of Betty's was hilarious. :funny:

These people really like referring to each other by their full names, don't they?

I like that Betty has a dark side, but I hope the actress gets better at bringing it to life. She wasn't horrible, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Sometimes I feel as if the series is trying to portray Archie and his teacher as star crossed lovers, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Not as good as last week, but still pretty decent. 7/10.

That's really the Archie paper? I thought they were making some kind of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold joke
yeah fer reals its a genuine name of their school paper :woot: for all the tweaks and fleshing out that they do on the show, theres a ton of references from the comics, of which im very thankful for. they did their homework :up:

also im starting to wonder if this is some kind of Sherlock-level hint dropping that culminates towards the end of the series. is Betty really just Betty or is she actually Polly? i kinda forgot about Dilton Doyle when looking for suspects until they mentioned it again, and Dilton was right smack there when the series opened.

I seriously doubt Betty and Polly are the same person, considering other characters appear to have met and interacted with her.

Anyone think that betty could be polly? could she be schitzo?

I had the same thought. But, surely not. Are Betty's parents influential enough to get everyone in Riverdale to go along with humouring Betty's delusions? Surely Chuck wouldn't have even entertained the idea of sleeping with Betty who formerly called herself Polly and was sleeping with Jason? And surely Archie would be a little more ... circumspect when it comes to his lifelong friendship with Betty / Polly.

Then again, it's odd that Betty isn't allowed to see Polly. Not to mention Betty momentarily believing that she was Polly. It's definitely giving me vibes of Virginia Andrew's "My Sweet Audrina".

Veronica stole the show in this one for me

Jay-Z-clapping-whew.gif

So Ms. Grundy doesn't appear to be actual Ms. Grundy. :woot:

They addressed my (and I'm sure many others) issue!

[YT]jJgDdNoHFuw[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"