Riverdale Riverdale Season 2 Chapter 1 "A Kiss Before Dying"

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Barring a change of title at some point...

https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/866891160106680320
DAfQVOOXUAIWkvb.jpg

Tonight

DL4oINfX4AA6YoK.jpg:large

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20170921cw05/
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11

SEASON PREMIERE

RIVERDALE

"Chapter Fourteen: A Kiss Before Dying" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLSV) (HDTV)

THE ANGEL OF DEATH - As Fred's (Luke Perry) life hangs in the balance following the shooting at Pop's diner, Archie (KJ Apa) struggles with the emotional aftermath of what he witnessed. Meanwhile, as Veronica (Camila Mendes) steps out of her comfort zone to support Archie, she learns that her father Hiram (Mark Consuelos) has arrived to Riverdale earlier than expected. Elsewhere, at Pop's diner, Pop Tate (guest star Alvin Sanders) recounts the chilling details of the shooting, which leaves Jughead (Cole Sprouse) and Betty (Lili Reinhart) questioning the gunman's true motives. Lastly, after running into Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) at the hospital, Betty and Kevin (Casey Cott) are surprised to learn about the fire at Thornhill. Rob Seidenglanz directed the episode written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (#201.) Original airdate 10/11/2017.

Whoa!!!!!!! Apt title for the episode.

It's going to be a wild season.

The scene with Cheryl and her mom was the creepiest thing this show has done.

Oh Riverdale. So dramatic haha.

Great emotional premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Was that the theme from Rosemary's Baby playing over the start of the final scene?

And it took place in Greendale. Must be laying the foundation for Sabrina...

I like that even though it's Season 2 the Chapters are still in sequential order.

Ratings: Riverdale Returns Red-Hot, Doubling Its Season 1 Numbers
Jinkies! Or… whatever they exclaim over in Riverdale. Because the CW drama on Wednesday opened Season 2 not just with series highs but double its usual numbers — and on a new night, with no lead-in.

All told, Riverdale drew 2.3 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, up sharply from its freshman launch out of Supernatural (1.4 mil/0.5) and doubling its Season 1 average and finale (both of which were 1 mil/0.4).

In fact, Archie and the gang delivered the Wednesday lead-off spot’s best numbers since the Nov. 30 episode of Arrow. What’s more, Riverdale‘s premiere was up 31 and 33 percent from Arrow‘s Season 5 average while giving the CW its highest-rated telecast among teens in five years (since Vampire Diaries on 10/11/12). TVLine readers gave the premiere an average grade of “A-.”
People are citing Netflix for the bump, which probably helped a lot, but I think it could also be an indicator that holding this off until midseason last season was a misstep. Should've been a fall show.

Ratings: Riverdale Returns Red-Hot, Doubling Its Season 1 Numbers

People are citing Netflix for the bump, which probably helped a lot, but I think it could also be an indicator that holding this off until midseason last season was a misstep. Should've been a fall show.

I think being a midseason show actually helped it. You could do a concise 13 episodes and not have any filler. Also I do think the 13 episode number helps with binging it on Netflix or On Demand, or whatever format.

holy cannoli what a start to the new season eh? :sly:

i didnt think this would happen to a show that has Archie characters, but i find myself repeating certain segments to pick up on dialogue, didnt want to miss details. only other time i do this is for the Flash and Sherlock :woot:

Goodbye Miss Grundy.:(
Perhaps it was her former stalkery boyfriend from the first season who is doing the killing and things.

so what happened?

Cheryl came up with some kind of cover story for the fire at Thornhill. Her mother was in the hospital with bad burns, because she went back into the house to save some painting she liked. Cheryl grabbed her mother's oxygen cord and pinched it shut and threatened to kill her mother if she told what really happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"