Sound of Metal (Riz Ahmed and Olivia Cooke)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Riz Ahmed and Olivia Cooke to Star in Music Drama ‘Sound of Metal’

EbZQ0fq.jpg

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/riz-ahmed-olivia-cooke-sound-of-metal-1202879738/
Riz Ahmed and Olivia Cooke will star in “The Sound of Metal,” a drama that will mark the directorial debut of Darius Marder, who is best known for his collaborations with filmmaker Derek Cianfrance.

Mathieu Amalric and up-and-coming actress Lauren Ridloff are also on board.

Story follows a drummer (Ahmed), whose life and relationship with his bandmate girlfriend are turned upside-down when he unexpectedly begins to lose his hearing, and he must go to great lengths to recapture the woman and the music he loves. A large number of the cast has been drawn from the Deaf community

Bert Hamelinck and Sacha Ben Harroche are producing with Caviar. Executive Producers are Michael Sagol and Jasper Thomlinson at Caviar and Dan Sbrega and Daniel “Dickey” Abedon at Ward Four.

Olivia Cooke. :atp:

Oh, and Riz is pretty good too. :o

Raves all around at TIFF.

Last edited:
This looks great. The subject/story is really interesting.

Looks great! I'm so ready.

Wow.

Darius Marder made the best Derek Cianfrance movie yet, haha.

Can't say enough about Riz Ahmed. Powerful.

Paul Raci was also great. And the sound design deserves every award it gets.

Definitely one of the best films to come out this year. The sound design is amazing and its incredibly well acted by both Riz Ahmed and Olivia Cooke. I also loved how the the supporting characters/extras were used in this who all felt like very natural actors IMO, but maybe that's just me.

It's good.

Ahmed as the centerpiece gives a very good performance, as does Raci and Cooke.

If you like drama like Aronofsky's The Wrestler ( :up::up: ) you'll probably like this.

:up: out of :up::up: from me.

Threads need a merge. :)

It's good.

Ahmed as the centerpiece gives a very good performance, as does Raci and Cooke.

If you like drama like Aronofsky's The Wrestler ( :up::up: ) you'll probably like this.

:up: out of :up::up: from me.

Threads need a merge. :)

Whoops!

I swore I looked for another thread but these things ain't easy to find sometimes, especially when the search function is, well, not great on my phone.

This was wonderful. I was lucky enough to win a screener to this in November and it's been on my mind sense. I really hope Ahmed, Raci, and the film in general are in a lot of Oscar discussions.

This was so good! I'm happy to see Ahmed has shot up the charts in odds for an Oscar nod, but Raci isn't getting much buzz. Which would be the snub of the year, IMO, because his performance here is mesmerizing.

I just watched this. God, what a powerful film. I don't care about the Oscars, but I am glad to see Rici get recognition at least for his excellent performance. The ending, that song that plays in the credits. Perfect. It hit me. One of the best movies of 2020.

Last edited:
Rici was such a question mark for an Oscar nomination so I'm glad he got in, and that Riz and the film itself got so many nominations. It ended up being on my Top 10 list for last year.

Loved this film, glad it’s getting recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"