Horror Robert Eggers Nosferatu

Magawd the wait for this trailer is absolute A-G-O-N-Y.

Man, I think the one thing I love most about Eggers movie is the accuracy. Not “historical” accuracy per se, obviously the events of his films are not based on true events, but the atmosphere and aesthetic and belief systems of the characters are all grounded in some real historical basis. I would love to know what Occult sources Eggers and Skarsgård are drawing from.

d4a106bbd6e26e9508d0fc4f6d629d4189bbe8f2_00.gif

I've waited long for this day.

Nope. Refreshing Focus Features' Twitter page every 10 minutes.

Focus Features, you clever lasses.

Good thing I'm already gonna see Bikeriders on Saturday.

I bet they give it a week in theaters before an online release.

Here's my thing. Whenever this happens, my local theater tends to not attach these exclusive trailers to my screenings and I'm nervous to take the chance. They only did it with avatar the way of water being attached to multiverse of Madness (I think it was that). So now I don't know what to do.

This is the little extra push I needed to see Bikeriders.

Let the record show that I am going to be next-level furious if it doesn't play for my showing.

I get it when it’s a big event (well big event for the mainstream) like a Nolan movie or a Marvel movie.

But I don’t really get it for more a film like this where I doubt it’ll help move the needle for Bikeriders in theatres.

I get it when it’s a big event (well big event for the mainstream) like a Nolan movie or a Marvel movie.

But I don’t really get it for more a film like this where I doubt it’ll help move the needle for Bikeriders in theatres.

Either way, I respect the decision. I'm firmly on team "Prioritize Theatrical". If this move pushes even a handful of more people to go see a movie -- any movie -- in theaters, I'm down with this. Plus, it helps build hype for the trailers/film releases before they come online.

I actually kind of wish this was the norm. Back in the day, one of my favorite aspects of going to the movies was getting the see all the trailers beforehand, not knowing what trailers would be shown, with some I'd seen and others that were new.

Does anyone remember the "Coming Attractions" TV show on E! from back in the pre-Youtube days? It was literally a 30-min weekly show that just used to air all the latest/hottest movie trailers (after they'd been shown in theaters) and some BTS stuff. I loved that ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"