Horror Robert Eggers Nosferatu

Jaded how, exactly?

I'm frankly tired of seeing it adapted in any form and have been since Coppola knocked it out of the park in the early 90s. It's a story I do love. There are no fewer than five copies of Stoker's novel in my home currently,but I'm ready to see Hollywood move on from him. With Demeter and Redfield flopping, that might actually happen. This looks like pure ****ing cinema though so I'm gonna be there opening night.

I'm frankly tired of seeing it adapted in any form and have been since Coppola knocked it out of the park in the early 90s. It's a story I do love. There are no fewer than five copies of Stoker's novel in my home currently,but I'm ready to see Hollywood move on from him. With Demeter and Redfield flopping, that might actually happen. This looks like pure ****ing cinema though so I'm gonna be there opening night.
And yet he's in a Dark Universe ride in Epic Universe next year. Drac ain't going away

I got the trailer before The Bikeriders. Eggers looks like he's once again nailed the tone.

The problem with no copyright lol

It's not a constant thing since it usually seems to be a different take but every decade seems to have at least one new screen incarnation of Dracula and none of them have really been very good for the past 30 years and change since Bram Stoker's Dracula, which wasn't a perfect adaptation but still pretty good in its own right.

Since it's different enough I consider Nosferatu to be its own thing, or at most Dracula-adjacent.

Nosferatu and Longlegs both are released, but the cinema gods tell you "Kane, you can only watch one, based on their trailers."

Which one you going with?

11603684.gif

I dont think Hollywood has done that much with Dracula...especially compared to back in the day.
Renfield, Demeter, Dracula Untold, the Dracula Netflix...and thats about it.

But i can see someone who is really into the Novle, be burned by that stuff.
I liked all those more or less and im always one who loves to see how someone tackles a certain story.

So to me, i would love to see more Dracula specific stuff.
Would love to see someone trying to bring the novel to life again, but i dont know who would be good.

But im all for more Dracula stuff.
And yet he's in a Dark Universe ride in Epic Universe next year. Drac ain't going away
Dont get me started on this.
People were hyping it up on Twitter and i honestly thought we might get a new Movie universe.
That it turned out just to be Amusement park thing, really blows.
They managed to drag me into the hype to an insane amount, just for it to be something in their park i probably never will visit.

Im so ready for a new Universal Monster universe on film.

I dont think Hollywood has done that much with Dracula...especially compared to back in the day.

I liked all those more or less and im always one who loves to see how someone tackles a certain story.

So to me, i would love to see more Dracula specific stuff.
Would love to see someone trying to bring the novel to life again, but i dont know who would be good.

But im all for more Dracula stuff.

Dont get me started on this.
People were hyping it up on Twitter and i honestly thought we might get a new Movie universe.
That it turned out just to be Amusement park thing, really blows.
They managed to drag me into the hype to an insane amount, just for it to be something in their park i probably never will visit.

Im so ready for a new Universal Monster universe on film.
Dude, the park looks great and a lot of people are happy with it. Don't be a party pooper. Heaven forbid Universal try to salvage the Dark Universe name in a way people can enjoy after making themselves a laughing stock with that Photoshop job of a group photo and that god-awful Mummy reboot.

Dude, the park looks great and a lot of people are happy with it. Don't be a party pooper. Heaven forbid Universal try to salvage the Dark Universe name in a way people can enjoy after making themselves a laughing stock with that Photoshop job of a group photo and that god-awful Mummy reboot.
Im not saying it looks bad, just that i got hyped up too much thinking it would be about movies.
Im happy when the Universal Monsters arent forgotten and the park looks fantastic, its just that i was hoping we get a new attempt to build a Movie Universe with them.

Im not saying it looks bad, just that i got hyped up too much thinking it would be about movies.
Im happy when the Universal Monsters arent forgotten and the park looks fantastic, its just that i was hoping we get a new attempt to build a Movie Universe with them.
Someday, but not right now.

Speaking of, here's a video on the park:

I guess... full disclosure, I don't even know what this is.

You're forgetting the Dracula 2013 series, House of Darkness and The Invitation 2022. That's eight lackluster projects in a relatively short amount of time. For a non Disney property, that's insane to me.

Renfield was especially disappointing because it's a great idea that turned into generic superhero origin story. I've always felt that they came up with support group scene first and wrote their way backwards. I get why people like it but I wanted more of the dark comedy toxic relationship angle.

Bram Stoker's Dracula, which wasn't a perfect adaptation but still pretty good in its own right.

It's closest adaptation to the book we've gotten to date. The elements it does add improve the material rather than take away from it. It's the gold standard of Dracula films as far as I'm concerned.

I am suprised nobody has tried to make a modern found footage project yet considering the novel is the great grandfather of that genre.

Last edited:
I'm usually the first to call for strong "auteur" adaptation (as snobbish as it sounds...), especially with comic book characters, but when it comes to the old horror icons like Dracula, Frankenstein's creature or the mummy, I feel like it's now lacking "classicism".
I get the impression that every time it's adapted again, people try to be clever with it by trying to adapt it to our modern times, or put a particular spin (always the same...) on the material... but in the end, I feel that what would be really fresh is to offer not a modern take, but a modern rendering of these stories, remaining as faithful as possible to the souce material, its era, the classic descriptions, etc...

In fact, for me, this whole paradox (and it is probably a subjective one) is summed up with Frankenstein: on one side, there's the upcoming Gyllenhall version, which to me smacks of the "same old" despite the "strong" vision which seems applied... and on the other, Del Toro's version, which will undoubtedly retain a certain classicism. And this is the one that I suspect to finally feel like the most "fresh" direction.

Am I alone on this?

For some reason I thought it would be more...artsy?

At first glance (and in bootleg quality...), it seems closer to "The Northman" than to "The Lighthouse", yeah.
But at the same time, all the images directly involving the vampire are still hidden for the moment... and there is this shot of the hands above the city... :hmr:
I hope the film will be full of this kind of things.

In any case, I think it looks great already!

Last edited:
You're forgetting the Dracula 2013 series, House of Darkness and The Invitation 2022. That's eight lackluster projects in a relatively short amount of time. For a non Disney property, that's insane to me.

Renfield was especially disappointing because it's a great idea that turned into generic superhero origin story. I've always felt that they came up with support group scene first and wrote their way backwards. I get why people like it but I wanted more of the dark comedy toxic relationship angle.
I liked the Dracula series, that one was interesting.
Dont know house of darkness or the Invitation...do they have anything to do with Dracula?

Renfield yeah, till the first footage came...i really had high hopes.
After that, i was mainly interested in Nicolas Cage performance.

Allegedly. There have been no hints or teases on Focus Features' social media platforms.

Allegedly. There have been no hints or teases on Focus Features' social media platforms.
According to this, it's supposed to be released today:

But like you said, there's been no official word from the studio yet.

I liked the Dracula series, that one was interesting.
Dont know house of darkness or the Invitation...do they have anything to do with Dracula?

Renfield yeah, till the first footage came...i really had high hopes.
After that, i was mainly interested in Nicolas Cage performance.

In House of Darkness, it's supposed to be the big reveal but it's given away by the character names. The Invitation felt like a YA take on Dracula. Probably the worst of the bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"