Robert Eggers Nosferatu

I was about to post the same thing. I've never understood the hype around remaking this. Its just Dracula... Again. Shadow of the Vampire was about good new take on this material gets.

Dracula is not the deformed monstruosity that Orlok is. I think Schrecks figure is the allure here more than the storyline, wich is indeed Drac without the frac. I think they should do "Orlok" and not so much "Nosferatu", if that makes sense (then again, Tobe Hopper sorta did). As far as vampires go, he gives a vastly diferent vibe than the count.

If this isn't his project after The Northman I will riot.

Dracula is not the deformed monstruosity that Orlok is. I think Schrecks figure is the allure here more than the storyline, wich is indeed Drac without the frac. I think they should do "Orlok" and not so much "Nosferatu", if that makes sense (then again, Tobe Hopper sorta did). As far as vampires go, he gives a vastly diferent vibe than the count.

They would really need to do something else to peak my interest in the project. Hollywood is so devoid of ideas these days they're still trying to adapt Stoker's novel by the chapter at this point. Even with Eggers involvement, it's well traversed ground.

will this be in black and white like the lighthouse too?

the original silent film is a classic -- and the willem dafoe movie about how this was made was great.

It'd be very meta if he cast Dafoe as Orlok.

giphy.gif

It'd be very meta if he cast Dafoe as Orlok.
Casting either Dafoe or Pattinson would have a huge level of irony attached to it.

Rob getting the role would be like saying to all the women in the audience “Was Edward a formative crush during your late teens?… Well, you’re in your thirties now and this is what you’ve gotta settle for.”

I hope they get Javier Botet for Orlok.

edit: oh I forgot, he's playing Dracula for Last Voyage Of The Demeter

Rumor is ATJ's yet-to-be-announced co-star is a huge name. Not sure if they mean for Orlok or Jonathan though.

Rumor is ATJ's yet-to-be-announced co-star is a huge name. Not sure if they mean for Orlok or Jonathan though.
You mean Thomas (her husband)? Where’s the rumour from?

Pattinson already rejected this years ago, move on.

Eggers is busy working in his actual movie and doing reshoots anyway. Anya being tied to this project is no news, we been knew.

lol what if pattinson plays nosferatu here.

he would've played a "young" vampire, batman, and then an old vampire.
triple threat!

Who's to say Anya Taylor-Joy isn't playing Nosferatu. Imagine her under some heavy makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"