Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

So sick of the revisionist history of Batfleck. It’s astonishing honestly. Wish we had gotten more of him and a solo or two, but looking forward to what’s to come.

The Batfleck Chernobyl is sickening. Time for Russia to tell the true story.

So sick of the revisionist history of Batfleck. It’s astonishing honestly. Wish we had gotten more of him and a solo or two, but looking forward to what’s to come.
What's revisionist about it, exactly? The highest compliment I ever saw paid to Affleck (outside the rabid "Based Snyder" circles) was that he was the best part of a bad movie. That's not exactly glowing.

I don't blame him for what went wrong, and knowing what a Batman fan he is, I do pity him for hitching his wagon to the iteration of this character that he did, but... it was a miss.

tumblr_pst0rrdJ9n1rrkahjo6_540.gif

Edgelord alert

What's revisionist about it, exactly? The highest compliment I ever saw paid to Affleck (outside the rabid "Based Snyder" circles) was that he was the best part of a bad movie. That's not exactly glowing.

I don't blame him for what went wrong, and knowing what a Batman fan he is, I do pity him for hitching his wagon to the iteration of this character that he did, but... it was a miss.

NOT to Me.. and everyone else who Loves Batfleck.

It was an injustice for Batfleck to Not be able to finish His story arc unlike Bale.

Thus Why the transition from Batfleck to Battinson is a little bit harder and bitter than BatBale to Batfleck.

But whatever.. still looking forward for Battinson. And I hope its worth the sacrifice.

I hope Battinson does Not become a Spidey situation for Me..

I Love Andrew G Spidey.. and totally loathe and hate the MCU Tom Holland Spider Iron Boy!

Alfred: Masta Wayne, how do you intent to send your foes a message?
Battinson: I know darkness, Alfred. My lesbian girlfriend cheated on me with her bald director. It's time my enemies share my dread.

Alfred: Yes, I remember. She wasnt' really that hot tho.
Battinson: Yes, she was.

Alfred: I know that rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of her love is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain of seeing her with that bald man.

Battinson: But if I make myself more than just a man, if I devote myself to an ideal, and if my hairline doesn't lose its lust flourish thick mane to the receding epidemic, then I become something else entirely.

Alfred: Which is?
Battisnon: Legend.

I wonder how much a Catwoman 2 would make nowadays. Audiences liked it apparently

^^ Pattinson's not the only one with nice hair, Kilmer's was pretty good back in the day too:

bruce-wayne_240.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

You're trying too hard it's not even funny. Bale is overrated, and Ben was good. But glad you agree with the best Catwoman list following the same logic,

Did they continue milking this Batman casting news? Get forking over it,.

Last edited:
That poll made me laugh but also feel bad for Kilmer.

I can't find the video now but there's one where Val dresses up as the bat and asks a girl if she knows who she is, and she said Christian Bale, Affleck to George Clooney with anticipation, and was let down when the answer was revealed, she didn't know who he was lol

That Batman survey is accurate, though it lacks Adam West. Clooney, Affleck and Kilmer are interchangeable. :shrug:

It's weird that some people are surprised by Bale winning that poll. I guess they forgot how much money TDK and TDKR made... the general audience loved his movies.

But that's what spending too much time in the echo chambers of the internet does to you, I guess.

Nobody that I know in real life liked Affleck as Batman and everybody I know in real life, especially ones I've known for over 10 years, considers Bale the best and rightfully so. It's not surprising to me Bale won that poll because he deserves every bit of it

^^ Pattinson's not the only one with nice hair, Kilmer's was pretty good back in the day too:

bruce-wayne_240.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=face&q=85
Never underestimate the power of Christian Bale's hair, it looked nice and clean even when he was imprisoned and tired and in training and after the fire.

It's weird that some people are surprised by Bale winning that poll. I guess they forgot how much money TDK and TDKR made... the general audience loved his movies.

But that's what spending too much time in the echo chambers of the internet does to you, I guess.
Yes. Bale's is the most well-rounded Batman we have on film. And most importantly Nolan's Batman is easily the best interpretation of the character and his world.

Here's what I believe to be the sensible consensus about Batfleck these days:

Ben Affleck did a decent job of portraying Bruce Wayne and Batman. Any deficiencies with the characterisation are not his fault. No one would ever claim that he was the wrong person for the part. In fact, most were pleasantly surprised by his performance, and agree that it was one of the highlights of Batman v Superman, and indeed Suicide Squad.

However, his performance is not widely regarded as being a good one simply because of the material he had to work with. He was unfortunate enough to a) work for a director who didn't really understand - or want to understand - what makes the characters of Batman or Superman great. And b) he was working for a movie company that has time and again proved highly deficient in realising DC characters in a decent fashion - instead being more concerned with bottom lines, bonuses and an overwhelming desire to copy the competition out of pure greed.

In another universe, with a better film-maker and storyteller, as well as different executives behind the scenes, Affleck's Batman would likely be regarded much, much better, and it is very unfortunate for him that he found himself in the part at precisely the wrong time.

All of this pretty much applies to George Clooney as well.

Pattinson should be served a lot better, as Christian Bale was.

Last edited:
Clooney still has the best Bruce and Alfred moments on screen, so there are positive takeaways from his interpretation. As much as most would lambast him for that crappy camp we got from B&R none of the other actors could replicate that type of performance showing a sentimental and loving Bruce Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"